Half Minute Hero or Minerva's Den XBL

Metalsocks

CAG Veteran
What are your opinions on each? I have 800MS points left and am trying to decide which to buy. How long or how much new content does MD have (weapons, plasminds, enemies)? How many "Levels" are in HMH? Any opinions and answers are much appreciated.

Didn't play Half Minute Hero, but I loved Minerva's Den. It was probably the best part of Bioshock 2. I want to see it was in the 6-8 hour range. It's a full, self contained story with a different main character, so it's not some random tacked on mission etc.

[quote name='Metalsocks']What are your opinions on each? I have 800MS points left and am trying to decide which to buy. How long or how much new content does MD have (weapons, plasminds, enemies)? How many "Levels" are in HMH? Any opinions and answers are much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Get Minerva's Den, only because the HMH on 360 is complete crap, based on the fact the different gameplay styles of Princess 30, Evil Lord 30, and Knight 30 were changed. Get the original PSP version if you can.

Minerva's Den was amazing for the price - it does go on sale though... I got it for $5 and it was actually even cheaper if you consider I buy MS points at about a 20% discount... so $4 total for Minerva's Den if you are patient.

That said, Half Minute Hero is one of my all-time favorite PSP games - it is seriously awesome. I didn't like the controls on HMH 360 though based on the demo although I might buy it eventually. Minerva's Den is about 6-8 hours depending on if you explore everywhere but it is really really really good. The story is on par with the rest of the series, there are 3 new levels (2 of which are huge), a new plasmid, a new weapon and a new enemy (if I'm remembering correctly). Since you start out with nothing and the game is relatively condensed you get to level up pretty quick which is fun. Get both if you can (I know, big help).

bread's done
Back