Half Price Books - 40% off coupon Nov 8 and 9. 50% off Coupon Nov 14 2010

[quote name='CGlade']Drat. None in Arkansas. Good selection of games?[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking, no. But it varies wildly. It all depends on what local people are trading in.

Thanks, OP! I've gotten amazing deals with these coupons before. :D

[quote name='CGlade']Drat. None in Arkansas. Good selection of games?[/QUOTE]

Not usually. I've mainly bought used books and music from mine. I really like the clearance section. HPB is just about the only place near me with a good selection of used CDs. I was really happy when one came to town. Now if we could just get a Fry's here.

Speaking of HPB, they're now selling their Half-Price Books calendars. They're free if you spend $30, or you can buy one for $2.99. The calendars contain five coupons for 15% off your entire order, each good for two months of the year (January-February, March-April, etc).

I was literally going to go today and was like man I wish they had some coupons. Looks like I will be going next week! Thanks OP.

That's bogus because they email the coupons as well. That is how I received notification about the deal.

I went and picked up 2 things with the 40% off. I nabbed another vintage metal Justice League Sign and a Batman comic.

Gamewise the selection was pretty scarce. Though they did have a used copy of Medal of Honor for $29.99 on the PS3. With the 40% off that would have made a nice flip but I honestly just didn't care enough at the time.

My local one in St. Paul had a lot of games yesterday - Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6, etc. I've already got a backlog so I didn't pick any up. I may wait to see what I can get with my 50%-off coupon on Sunday. Last time, I got RE5 for $6.

And there are ALWAYS tons of strategy guides.

Nice find on RE5. Not many games at Monroeville PA store, but snagged a few good comics/books/kids things and my buddy did the same. It's so hard to not buy tons there, even when you're coupon is good on only one item.

That's why you get their calendar. ;) The coupons inside it are good on your entire order. Great for those visits where you load up.

--New and sealed Breath of Fire 1 for the GBA -- $19.99 before coupon
--Breath of Fire 4 guide -- $4.99

They also had a BOF3 guide and a sealed blue Xbox Controller-S, but I passed on them. My HPB is pretty decent.

Sadly, my store doesn't have many good game guides or games in general. I did manage to find a Disgaea 2 guide on clearance for a $1.

[quote name='ninja dog']--New and sealed Breath of Fire 1 for the GBA -- $19.99 before coupon
--Breath of Fire 4 guide -- $4.99

They also had a BOF3 guide and a sealed blue Xbox Controller-S, but I passed on them. My HPB is pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

very easy to get the games out of the GBA and reseal them..hopefully you didnt pay 12 bucks for a empty box...

picked up mario party 6 for the gamecube for 4.80.. nascar thunder 2003 for 1.00 for the ps2

I love Half-Price Books, mostly when it comes to PC gaming. They had new copies of F.E.A.R. 2 for $10 and new copies of the Hitman Trilogy collection for $5. So with those coupons F.E.A.R. 2 was only $6 and the Hitman Trilogy was $3. I'm thinking of going back in on Sunday and snagging one of their new PC copies of The Saboteur for $8 ($4 after the 50% coupon). :D

I forgot to check out the calender that was mentioned, though. I'll need to remember to do that.

[quote name='slidecage']very easy to get the games out of the GBA and reseal them..hopefully you didnt pay 12 bucks for a empty box...[/QUOTE]

It's not easy to fool someone who knows that a GBA factory seal has a horizontal seam on the back that resealers don't make.

Used a 20% off coupon today. Found 2 copies of Final Fantasy Tactics for the PS1 new and factory sealed, greatest hits version. $12.99 each!

Thanks OP. I don't usually like selling anything to these guys because they lowball atrociously. But with a discount like this, I can pick up some good values. Theres a store not too far from my place.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Bumping this back up so its not lost. Hopefully one item I've had my eyes on for a bit will still be at my HPB come Sunday. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the bump. I knew about the coupons for the 8th and 9th, but I missed the 50% ones on the 14th. Guess I know what I am doing this Sunday :D

[quote name='mrwogs2']Supposedly you can only use one coupon for one item, once per visit. Anyone try and use multiple coupons per visit?[/QUOTE]
Some have had luck with this, but YMMV. I have had to bring in multiple buyers to use more than 1 coupon per visit, but others in the past have been able to purchase more than 1 item per coupon.

I did not feel bad about not waiting and using a 20% off coupon today for a minty Tales of Vesperia guide this evening. I ♥ HPB!

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I did not feel bad about not waiting and using a 20% off coupon today for a minty Tales of Vesperia guide this evening. I ♥ HPB![/QUOTE]

Damn, thats a hell of a find. How much was it before the coupon out of curiosity?

[quote name='mrwogs2']Supposedly you can only use one coupon for one item, once per visit. Anyone try and use multiple coupons per visit?[/QUOTE]

It's against policy, but stores vary wildly on how strict they are. One cool store near me hands out coupons to people who are unaware of the promotion (whereas most stores keep mum if you don't have your own printed out). Another store lets you use several coupons at once, on different items, as long as you brought enough copies with you. :)

HPB is generally pretty awesome. For example, their system always defaults to the maximum coupon value. Not a lot of stores do that these days.

Never been to half price books. Do they sell consoles and systems too? (psp)
Kind off topic, does anyone know if they sell college textbooks at competitive prices? Thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back