Half Price Books - 40% off coupon Nov 8 and 9. 50% off Coupon Nov 14 2010

[quote name='mrwogs2']They don't sell consoles, only games and guides.[/QUOTE]

Some do sell consoles out here in Puget sound Washington area. I have seen a genesis, a 32X, and a SNES at a few locations. though of course they want Ebay prices.

They do indeed sell consoles. In this sale, I picked up a Gamecube with 2 controllers (one is a wavebird) for $12 after coupon. Today I am grabbing a fat PS2 with 2 OEM controllers for $15 after coupon.

"Oh wow! I'm still on book fever from gohastings, I wonder if these are in florida?"
*Select drop down box...and...*
"California
Illinois"

=/ lol

If anyone notices a psp used system on their trips at half price books, please let me know as i really need to mail one this week to my friend in Iraq. The local stores in Arizona have none, but I am willing to pay some for your trouble if the price is right. Thanks in advance. Now, I am debating whether I should go to half price books to use the 50% off coupon on some used games...

[quote name='0_0']I went, and the customer service was terrible. I will make sure to get the fucking scene kid fired.[/QUOTE]
Care to elaborate? I don't see how customer service is a big selling point or even necessary at HPB.

Picked up Iron Man BD, Alan Wake CE and a few $1 CDs. Love HPB.

I also saw the original PS1 games, Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII.

[quote name='0_0']I went, and the customer service was terrible. I will make sure to get the fucking scene kid fired.[/QUOTE]

They don't walk around asking if you need help there, but they always have a lot of people on staff so you can walk up to them and ask for help.

I'd love to hear what happened though. i'm positive it'll make you look worse than the employee, as these "i wanna get this guy fired!" stories always do.

im up around indy today and thought i stop in that one

picked up a psp game for 4 bucks after 50% discount ... though that is a good buy.... hand the case to the worker.. worker bends down and gets the game... hands the case back to me (does not allow me to see the game but since im with the cousins kids i didnt have time to ask and gave them the 4 bucks)

Walk out to the car and pop the psp game case open and BOOM. the UMD is out of the white case (game is totally busted and the worker knew it)

so i took it back into the store and they go ..

Go buy a replacement case at gamestop there is nothing wrong with it.... I had to get their boss to refund the money and then the SOB goes.... your not getting your coupon back. they didnt even allow me to purchase another item at 50% off and that #$#$# Knew that game was busted .

if i drove all the way home i would of been totally pissed off even more wasting all that gas

Went to two locations- Bloomingdale IL and Hoffman Estates (?) IL.

A word of caution- most of the more valuable video game stuff at the Bloomingdale location has new stickers on it to raise the price so that the 50% discount lowers the price back down into a normal range. They've still got some deals, but don't expect to get a steal on their copies of more expensive video games.

Westheimer at Montrose, Houston: didn't see much of note at all, although the PC gaming section is full of good rainy day cheap stuff (four game CSI collection for PC for $6!, that's a rainy Wednesday afternoon if I ever saw one)... did pick up Facebreaker for 360 for $2.50 after coupon, and got Sneak King for $3.00 on clearance... I've got a weakness for that set of Burger King games. Don't know why.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. Cheers!

I picked up some nice graphic novels during this sale. Video game stuff is rare at my 4 local Half Price Books stores and even at 50% off, what they have is still overpriced most of the time.

[quote name='Zygote']There Is 1 Alan wake at the nw highway hpb in Dallas at 7.50 with coupon.[/QUOTE]

LOL I got there today about 11:30 and there were three in the glass case. I purchased one with 2 left over. Games were opened but brand new. $8.11 final price.

Also scored Lego Harry Potter Wii version for $8.11 at the Garland store got only copy.

bread's done
Back