Half Price Books B&M 40% off any item- Feb 17-20, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no!

I just spent a ton of money at HPB the past few days. A new store opened up here in Naperville, Illinois so there was the week of coupons for the entire Chicagoland area.

Thanks for the heads up, I jokingly complain but really this excites me!

you should include "In-Store Only" In your title. But thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, I live in New England so none around me.

Thanks for the heads up op. Hopefully should be able to get there by saturday.
grin.jpg

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Don't they have N64 stuff? I'm tempted to go.[/QUOTE]

That's on a store by store basis. Some do, some don't. Usually the ones around here just have the more pricey N64 stuff, a few random cart onlys at crazy prices.

Can you use the coupon once or can you go back each day? They certainly have N64 stuff, I even see atari games there.

Hey guys, I work at the Half Price Books in Monroeville PA and yes this should apply to any consoles your store many have (or collectible N64 cartridges). I also wanted to give a heads up. HPB stores get most of their product used, but each store gets a shipment of new goods from Texas. A few weeks ago our store got two copies of Halo Reach (collectors edition) for $40. I'm sure the other stores got a few of these as well. This would be a great thing to get with the coupon.

[quote name='tylerwillis']Anyone know if HPB carries consoles and if they'd apply this coupon toward?[/QUOTE]

they'll carry it if someone trades it in, but I wouldn't bet on it... I rarely see consoles at my HPB, and if it is it's a ps2 or regular xbox

but if they have it, i don't see why they wouldn't honor the coupon... the only thing I would imagine they'd stop you from getting 40% off is specialty items like autographed books for 20-volume book collections that go for $100+ or something...

[quote name='okwordyoda']Hey guys, I work at the Half Price Books in Monroeville PA and yes this should apply to any consoles your store many have (or collectible N64 cartridges). I also wanted to give a heads up. HPB stores get most of their product used, but each store gets a shipment of new goods from Texas. A few weeks ago our store got two copies of Halo Reach (collectors edition) for $40. I'm sure the other stores got a few of these as well. This would be a great thing to get with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yes I was just in there yesterday and saw about 4 Brand New Halo Rech CE's for $40. Will have to grab 1 or 2 with this coupon. Thanks OP

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']they'll carry it if someone trades it in, but I wouldn't bet on it... I rarely see consoles at my HPB, and if it is it's a ps2 or regular xbox

but if they have it, i don't see why they wouldn't honor the coupon... the only thing I would imagine they'd stop you from getting 40% off is specialty items like autographed books for 20-volume book collections that go for $100+ or something...[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they've added any restrictions to the coupons, but I've bought "collectibles" using their 40 and 50% off coupons before getting 40-60 bucks off of them with the coupon.

Oh cool. Now to see if that sealed Spiderman Return of the Sinister Six NES game is worth being in my collection. Either that or I'll look in their rare vinyl case they got.

Just in case people don't know, HPB will hold items for you for a week. So if you find something you want grab it now and have them hold it for you until the coupon is active.

Nice!

I wish I would've heard about those IL coupons last week - I just found a copy of Fatal Frame for XBOX at my local store and I REALLY could've used a discount! :S

[quote name='Gameboy415']Nice!

I wish I would've heard about those IL coupons last week - I just found a copy of Fatal Frame for XBOX at my local store and I REALLY could've used a discount! :S[/QUOTE]

Dang, sorry! I was going to put it in the regional section but I feel like nobody checks there. And then if I were to have put it here I would have been flamed for it only being for the Chicagoland area!

Well now you get the 40% off Friday at least!

[quote name='BrolyB593']Oh no!

I just spent a ton of money at HPB the past few days. A new store opened up here in Naperville, Illinois so there was the week of coupons for the entire Chicagoland area.

Thanks for the heads up, I jokingly complain but really this excites me![/QUOTE]

i hit it up as well. haha. i live in plainfield. nice to see a nearby CAG

[quote name='BrolyB593']Oh no!

Thanks for the heads up, I jokingly complain but really this excites me![/QUOTE]

Is it worth checking out? Noticed it a few weeks back while heading over to Joliet from Disc Replay to another Disc Replay. Live in Romeoville not too far off but would rather not make a pointless trip if it sucks.

[quote name='okwordyoda'] HPB stores get most of their product used, but each store gets a shipment of new goods from Texas. A few weeks ago our store got two copies of Halo Reach (collectors edition) for $40. I'm sure the other stores got a few of these as well. This would be a great thing to get with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

i hope there are some left in Dallas as I sold my Legendary and like to get Reach back

[quote name='Puppet Master']Is it worth checking out? Noticed it a few weeks back while heading over to Joliet from Disc Replay to another Disc Replay. Live in Romeoville not too far off but would rather not make a pointless trip if it sucks.[/QUOTE]

It is alright? Haha I am not quite sure how to rate a HPB. It is nice inside and they have a good selection, felt very similar to the one out on LaGrange. Their selection was varied in terms of the books themselves, at least in the sections I check out.

Overall it is a nice store, similar to all of the others; though nothing phenomenal.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Does this only work on one item?[/QUOTE]

one item per coupon per person per visit... so technically you could print out like 5 coupons, by 1 item at 40% off... walk to your car... then go back in and repeat...

although depending on how nice your cashier is (they're usually very nice at HPB), if you have like 2 coupons sometimes they'll just ring up 2 transactions on the spot for you

Excellent!

I visited a HPB store for the first time last week and was extremely surprise by their PC game selection and how good their prices were (close to Steam or Amazon sale prices). Will definitely see what good PS1 games they have in the case next time I visit with the coupon.

Picked up Zelda Link to the Past GBA for $9 after coupon ($15 before coupon). After the transaction was over she let me know that because the coupon is good all weekend they've just been letting people keep it to come back and re-use it. Granted, its an internet coupon but still it saves me the trouble of having to print out a new one.

That is if I can pull myself away from my gameboy player and gamecube with component cables this weekend. It looks amazing with those cables hooked up...

[quote name='The Lord of Awesome']Oh cool. Now to see if that sealed Spiderman Return of the Sinister Six NES game is worth being in my collection. Either that or I'll look in their rare vinyl case they got.[/QUOTE]

lol do you live in sugar land/houston area? my hpb has one of those sealed as well...

Found some good stuff:

Orange Box (PS3) - $5.99 (after coupon)
Halo 2 Collector's Edition (xbox) in excellent shape with slidecase - $5.99
Also picked up a couple of PS2 games for $1 each

I'll probably go back one more time to grab a Blu-ray with the coupon.

found a damn-near mint copy of KOTOR 2 for xbox. roughly 6.50$ after coupon. gonna go back and get mega man powered up for psp tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back