Half Price Books - B&M - Coupon for 20% off Entire Purchase this weekend (Fri - Mon)

4tygames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
http://www.hpb.com/bookloversCoupon.html

This weekend get 20% off your entire purchase at Half Price Books by using the coupon provided above.

Half Price Books does carry new closed-out computer games. They also carry used computer and video games (all the way back to Atari 2600), strategy guides, movies, music, comics, and books. Selection varies by store. You will never know what you may find in one of their stores!

Half Price Books is based out of Dallas, but they have stores in several different states across the US.

http://www.hpb.com/stores/
Check the store locator link above to see if there are any stores in your state.

Thanks, OP! HPB always seems to have some excellent deals! I have about three stores around my area and there used games sections have slowly been expanding, but every once in a while I'll pop in and happen upon a gem for next to nothing. I've found a bunch of OOP and rare game guides in the past, too. Picked up a practically brand new copy of a Lost Odyssey guide book for $4, and a "like new" copy of the Valkyrie Profile guide book for $7 (!!!), after coupons a few months back. So, definitely a great place to scope out every once in a while b/c you may just find something amazing.

Yea, I have definitely had some good strategy guide finds there... however their console games are priced according to internet prices so they usually aren't good deals (especially retro games).

Just spent $30 there yesterday :*(.

Oh well I saw another $30 worth of stuff I want... at 20% off maybe ill bite this weekend.

HPB is amazing. There's about 6 in the Seattle area and 2 that I checked almost every other day when I lived there.

Picked up tons of cheap game guides and lots of great finds (lots of PS1 finds...Intelligent Qube, Team Buddies, Vagrant Story) and even some CIB NES-SNES-N64 games.

Each store prices at their own discretion, so sometimes you'll have amazing deals, sometimes horrible prices. Hit or miss. They've usually got a ton of great DVDs (many at $3 clearance).

They usually do a 20% off sale on Holiday weekends as well (President's Day, MLK, Veteran's, etc.)

When I saw HPB I was hoping for more than 20% off. The calender this year has 15% offs for each month and so 5% is not all that appealing. Thanks for the heads up OP, but I will be waiting for a good week of coupons so I can take advantage of the 40% and 50% offs!

[quote name='BrolyB593']When I saw HPB I was hoping for more than 20% off. The calender this year has 15% offs for each month and so 5% is not all that appealing. Thanks for the heads up OP, but I will be waiting for a good week of coupons so I can take advantage of the 40% and 50% offs![/QUOTE]

I actually like the 20% off coupons better but mainly because I buy single issue comics which aren't expensive as singles but as whole orders knocking 20% off is great.

Bummer, the only games I found at my HPB were some old NHL and NFL PS2 games. I did buy Wayne's World on DVD and a few gardening books for my girlfriend though.

thanks op. haven't been in my local hpb for a long time; had no idea they were selling games.

Thanks for the heads-up OP. Thanks to you I was able to find an original copy of Tetris and Super Mario Land for Gameboy for $10. Super cheap for such pieces of classic gaming history

Is most of the inventory in Half Price Books stores used books that people have traded in? I looked at their website and its not entirely clear, but in their online store, it doesn't look like HPB is actually selling anything. Everything is by third-party book sellers. I guess what I'm getting at is do they sell new books that they buy directly from publishers/distributors like B&N, Borders, etc., or is it all overstocks, remainders, and the like alongside pre-owned stuff that locals have traded in?

[quote name='airjumpman']Is most of the inventory in Half Price Books stores used books that people have traded in? I looked at their website and its not entirely clear, but in their online store, it doesn't look like HPB is actually selling anything. Everything is by third-party book sellers. I guess what I'm getting at is do they sell new books that they by directly from publishers/distributors like B&N, Borders, etc., or is it all overstocks, remainders, and the like alongside pre-owned stuff that locals have traded in?[/QUOTE]

Most of my store's inventory is bought from locals, but they do have quite a large selection of like new books and PC games that must have been bought from other retailers as overstock.

Definitely worth a look if there's one near you and you read... their video game stuff is kind of hit or miss but the book deals are amazing.

just got back with a couple of books. Game selection wasn't quite in the range that I wanted even with 20%. They also always hide the Disgaea Strategy Guides whenever I have a coupon.

My HPB sucks... they turned down a person selling old game systems (PS1, N64, Genesis, Atari etc...) they left a few of the systems there but they wouldn't let me look at them as the workers got dibs on them. Also they are dumb in the fact they leave the game discs in the cases, several times I have wanted a game and it was gone because someone stole it.

Got Conker Live & Reloaded (Xbox Sealed) for $20, and Resident Evil Code Veronica (Dreamcast Mint) for $8.

I never been to this store before! It's like clean and awesome version of Goodwill. Thanks OP!

nothing to do with this but i need to trade

I WANT TO TRADE EXTRA call of duty black ops dlc map pack FOR 48 HOUR TRIAL(NOT FOR ME BUT MY FRIEND) email me the code at [email protected] . i would like to trade soon so i can play with my friend online.

[quote name='miriamleo']Got Conker Live & Reloaded (Xbox Sealed) for $20, and Resident Evil Code Veronica (Dreamcast Mint) for $8.

I never been to this store before! It's like clean and awesome version of Goodwill. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

You're one lucky SOB...

[quote name='airjumpman']Is most of the inventory in Half Price Books stores used books that people have traded in? I looked at their website and its not entirely clear, but in their online store, it doesn't look like HPB is actually selling anything. Everything is by third-party book sellers. I guess what I'm getting at is do they sell new books that they buy directly from publishers/distributors like B&N, Borders, etc., or is it all overstocks, remainders, and the like alongside pre-owned stuff that locals have traded in?[/QUOTE]

HPB as a retailer operates pretty much off of purchases from customers which they then resale (somewhere around half the jacket price, for books, or less) at a profit. They also occasionally purchase new stock from vendors that can't move their product at normal prices through traditional retailers for whatever reason (old, overstock, etc).

I seriously love the stores... when I was a kid, my family used to go there like once a week, and I'd pick up all sorts of cheap comics. These days, you can find everything from software, to records, to NES video games depending on the store. One store I went to one time had a 1st edition copy of The Great Gatsby which I so very much wanted to purchase.... At any rate, if you're into the thrift store/garage sale/secondhand scene, you'll probably enjoy the stores.

bread's done
Back