Half Price Books - Coupon Week - July 12-18

4tygames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Next week, Half Price Books is having a coupon week with different coupons for different days of the week. This is a great opportunity to pick up some cheap games, movies, strategy guides, etc.

nnDOY.png

Half Price Books is based out of the Dallas area but they have locations around the U.S. Check out the store locator to find your nearest location: http://halfpricebooks.com/find_a_store.html

Half Price Books usually sells USED items. I have seen every kind of video game from Atari 2600 to PS3, Xbox360, etc. HPB also carries new "closeout" computer games. You never know what you are going to find. It is also a great place to pick up old game guides.

No good games, but monday I picked up a brand new condition Infinite Undiscovery strategy guide for $4.98 + %40 off coupon, so it was just about $3 for it. Hot deal!

I went in to pick up Uniracers for SNES (which I stupidly decided not to buy on Tuesday) but it was already gone. The copy of Pokemon Ruby I was hoping to snag for 50% off on Sunday was gone too. :cry:

BUT I found a copy of "The Game Maker's Apprentice", a game development guide I'd been planning to buy, for only $9.99! Retail price is $39.99 and even Amazon still sells it for $25. I got it for about $7.50 after coupon. :D

I'll be using the coupon to see if they have any semi-recent IT Certification or just general knowledge books. The games selection in Countryside was over-priced, but they did have the C.E. Strat Guides for FFXIII and ME2. I ended up just getting the RE5 guide yesterday for $7.

[quote name='token2k6']
Not many good games, a few Xbox and PS2, some 360, one PS3 title. Basically, it'd be the games that any CAG had a second of that their flipping time ran out on and/or stagnated their tradelist for a few months/years. Same with the guides..some still had their .01 sticker on them! I'd say 80% of them were from penny drops. Did see a MW2 guide, but it was $14.98..not sure how HPB math is working on a $19.99 MSRP price..A few blu rays for $13.48 would have been good after coupon, but I just walked out empty handed..[/QUOTE]

Really? Hating on a used book store with a huge selection? ;)

If you find a newish book that seems overpriced, take it up and ask them. Sometimes it's a mistake, but other times it's based on demand/rarity. Comics are an excellent example.

Here in San Antonio, I've found tons of excellent guides. During the last coupon week I picked up minty copies of Dragon Age Origins, Valkyria Chronicles, and about two dozen other new, rare, or hard-to-find books, many on clearance for $3 or less!. We get plenty of penny guides, too, but they make up half the selection at best. Either Houston is the exception, or you're fixating on the worst.

I'll agree with you on console games, but there are PC game deals galore. I've seen many games that CAGs recommend during a steam sale show up at HPB for even less. Even A-list titles.

I'm accustomed to CAGs bagging on just about every store out there, but HPB is a gem. At least locally.

not much in the way of games at S Lamar in Austin today..when to see if they'd have anything new...only thing notable was oblivion for ps3, dont think it was goty...saw sacred 2 for xb360, but heard that game wasnt too great..

they did however have some new inventory in guides from when i was there earlier this week...picked up guides for ninja gaiden 2, sword of mana, and chrono cross(with eb 'holo' cover)

anyone know if you can use the coupons on system

if so in fort wayne

DS fat 37.50 (normal 75)
think a ps3 was in the case as well

i picked up

Indy jones 2 for the psp for 5

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know if you can use the coupons on system

if so in fort wayne

DS fat 37.50 (normal 75)
think a ps3 was in the case as well

i picked up

Indy jones 2 for the psp for 5[/QUOTE]

How much was the ps3?

[quote name='mistymayem']How much was the ps3?[/QUOTE]

if it was a ps3 i think 175 not really sure if it was a ps3 or what the hell it was i thought it said 175 on it though

looked sort of fat for a ps3 (unless it was one of those OLD ps2 system with that fat network thing on the back but i dont know why it would be that high)

I highly doubt the coupons would work on system....

cause those systems would been gone by now even an old DS system for 32 bucks you would think would flew off the shelf

i would go back and check but i think someone out there has the flu.. ever since coming back i been sick as a dog (and wasnt sick till i went in there)

Just got back from Half Price Books, and couldn't believe that this was still in the locked cabinet -
Charmed, the complete series DVD "Book of Shadows" edition, mint and complete - final price $62.49!

Rich

There was not a huge selection of games at my location, though I did see Odin Sphere and was tempted to nab it but I did not. I did however pick up :360: LEGO Star Wars: Complete Saga for only $8 after the coupon.

I also picked up the DC Universe Encyclopedia for only $10 after the coupon then as well.

Thank you for the heads up about the coupon OP.

I went to 3 different HPB and only one of them had a decent video game cabinet, although it was actually pretty good!

Im kicking myself for it, but they had a ps2 MGS the essentials in great condition on tuesday, went back today and it was gone. They had a sega genesis, PSX compact, and 2 game boy colors, as well as a large amount of throw away xbox games.

They had games for just about every system, but not many good ones.

[quote name='Potatoeman']I went to 3 different HPB and only one of them had a decent video game cabinet, although it was actually pretty good!

Im kicking myself for it, but they had a ps2 MGS the essentials in great condition on tuesday, went back today and it was gone. They had a sega genesis, PSX compact, and 2 game boy colors, as well as a large amount of throw away xbox games.

They had games for just about every system, but not many good ones.[/QUOTE]

For future reference, you should probably go on the first day of the sale since it's still 40% off, and the store won't be completely picked over.

bread's done
Back