Half Price Books Coupons 30, 40, and 50% off

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!
I got some coupons in the mail yesterday for Half Price Books, which carries used books, games and DVDs. They are for March 27-31 only. There are coupons for 30, 40, and 50% off any one item. I'm not sure what their game selection is like, but figure it may be worth a shot.

They have stores in the midwest, Texas, California, and Washington.

[quote name='pinebarrens']They have stores in the midwest, Texas, California, and Washington.[/QUOTE]

Yes, where are these stores!!!

Half Price Books Store Locator

I got these coupons in the mail too. You can get them by signing up for their mailing list here. I haven't noticed any spam or unwanted advertisements.

The coupons I received are:

40% off one item, good 3/26 - 3/27
30% off one item, good 3/28 - 3/29
20% off one item, good 3/30 - 3/31
50% off one item, good 4/1

The local store tends to have lots of closeout and wholesale PC games, like you'd find at GoGamer or Big Lots for cheap. Their console selection is mostly used and varies from time to time as they only sell the used items that they buy from customers.

This is a good place to find those penny guides. They get dumped here sometiimes and most are in brand new condition. But will cost you about 4-5 bucks.

half price books is where i go to sell my pennied guides i got. they take them for 1.50 each. there game selection is very random, as they only buy games people sell. i once scored a final fantasy 7 for pc from there. although i thought it was just a one-store, one location thing.

Half-Price books is hit or miss with games. I have been shopping their stores for about 15 years now, 5 of them I visit monthly, I like books). Just be sure to check if the CD-Key is included before you leave the store, I've gotten several that were missing it.

Wish I had this when I picked up a complete Suikoden 2 from them last month for 75 bucks. x_x

Had my eye on a Castlevania: SOTN Black Label ver. from one store for 40 bucks, would pick it up for sure with 50% off.

I doubt they would accept scans though, I go to all the stores in San Antonio on different occasions and they're pretty picky on that kind of thing...

Hope I get some coupons in the mail soon.

The pricing for the console games can be really weird. I usually check in weekly to see if anything pops up. Ocassionally walk away with a good deal every month.

Didn't know they had coupons available. Thanks OP and radjago.

If you sign up for the mailing list on their web-page they will send you a link to a $5 off $25 coupon as well.

Half-Price Books is a pretty good store. Their gaming selection tends to be a bit wonky though. I got Tecmo Bowl there, in-box for like $5 two years ago or so, but it seems to be dwindling more and more. They still have a decent number of PC games though, I got both Civilization III and Neverwinter Nights there pretty cheap.
They also have a pretty good CD collection, a decent amount of movies and a ton of books.
This is my local one though, in Golden Gate shopping center in Ohio. I've never been to a different one.

Hm, there are 6 HPBs in Houston. Nice. I'll have to add them as stops on my guide collecting/rescuing/hoarding route.

I think I'll cruise by the one closest to the house after I hit Target and browse a bit. I wanted to dump all these strategy guides for PC games nobody wants anyways, may as well do it today.

EDIT: Picked up a new copy of MSG2 Subsistence for PC for $5 and strategy guides for Onimusha Warlords and Devil May Cry 2 in OK-ish condition. Passed on a copy of Brady's Zelda Wind Waker guide for $5 because it lacked the poster and forgot to ask to look at a copy of the original PS1 Gran Turismo. Lots of minty new PC games, some decent stuff like the Tom Clancy series and GTA2. But wow, I got ripped off on the guides I brought in. Sure they were crap, but I brought about 40 or so minty guides and got $5 total. Had I been thinking about it at the time I probably would have kept the guides, they might have been worth more at the recycler. Oh,well.

bread's done
Back