Half Price Books

badmrfrosty20

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm sorry if this has been talked about before, but Half Price books is an excellent place to buy cheap ass software, if you're willing to look. I just got Jedi Academy, in near perfect condition, for $8, and Red Faction 2 for $2, both for PC. I was also debating whether or not to buy RUnaway ($9) or THe Longest Journey ($7.50). Almost as good as Target Clearence, these folks.

Not familiar with them. What area of the country is this company in? I'm assuming this is a B&M since you listed no website.

There are Half-Price books in the Bay Area, CA. I dunno if they're anywehre else in the country, but they do have very good prices there. I remember getting Unreal II for $10.

We have tons here and near Seattle. I agree, you can find some good software for real cheap. My friend got Ghost Recon for like five bucks awhile back.

Damn, I used to go every day or so ages ago, ten years ago, in Berkeley. Landed the old DOS MegaTraveller game for a buck or two.
Rejoiced.
Still have it today.
Don't have a 5.25 drive to load it with, though.

hmm... solano ave, I think it was? There was a Half Price last time I was there. In 1994.
Actually, I drove up that street a couple months ago.. seemed to half fourteen banks on it now. Odd.

[quote name='MrBrando']is this only PC games?[/quote]

They have some new and used console games, but they are usually like N64, PS1 games. But the selection is pretty weak, and sometimes priced a little too high IMO. It's rare to find next gen titles at the locations where I live.

Yeah, its still on Solano Avenue in Berkeley. If you head there, make sure you stop by Zachary's Pizza next door. Best pizza this side of Chicago.

They got those down here in Texas as well.

I think they started in Dallas.

I've only seen PC stuff, and never console. I got Unreal Tournament, GOTY, for like $7 back in the day.

[quote name='Santorum X'][quote name='MrBrando']is this only PC games?[/quote]

They have some new and used console games, but they are usually like N64, PS1 games. But the selection is pretty weak, and sometimes priced a little too high IMO. It's rare to find next gen titles at the locations where I live.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw some Xbox and PS2 games, but the prices were horrible. Azurik was $24.88, and Oni was $14. At the Half Price Books in Crossrads Mall, WA, though, I saw ICO for $9. But usually, Half Price Books is not a great place for console games.

They're here in Austin as well. I've seen a few console games there, but nothing spectacular, they tend to want around $20 for a used next-gen game. I just love Half-Price Books in general, especially for yearbooks. I've found some Cactus'(University of Texas yearbook) from the early 1900s there for like $15, and they were in good shape.

bread's done
Back