Halloween/Horror Deals 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckbutt

CAGiversary!
I'm just gonna use this initial post to keep track of the deals given the rather strong response.

Amazon:
Anchor Bay Buy 1 Get 1 Free
Blu-Ray Deals (Evil Dead -$12.95, Halloween - $12.95, The Shining - $14.95)
The Halloween Movies & TV Sale: Over 950 DVDs and Blu-ray at Up to 59% Off
Halloween Start Pack (John Carpenter's The Thing, George A Romero's Land of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead (2004 Remake)) Blu-ray - $41.95
Halloween Madness - Save up to 43% on DVDs and Blurays
Nightmare on Elm Street Collection - $22.99
Sawathon - All four Saw movies under $30*

Barnes and Noble:
40 Days at 40% Off

Best Buy:
Online Sale, DVDs and Blu-Ray (Posted 10/5/08)
Two Day Horror Sale (Good 10/26 - 10/27) [DEAD]
Various Deals for the week of 10/12 - 10/18 (AFTER DARK SALE $6.99) [DEAD]
Various Deals for the week of 10/19 - 10/25 (Additional Titles Online) [DEAD]
Various Deals for the week of 10/26 - 11/1 (Additional Titles Online)
25% Off Select Halloween DVDs
40% Off Select Halloween DVDs A-H
40% Off Select Halloween DVDs I-Z

Big Lots:
$3 DVDs

Buy.com:
20 Movie Packs - $6.99 Each
50 Movie Packs - $13.99 Each
Anchor Bay DVD & Blu-ray - Save up to 53%
Buena Vista DVD - $6.25 Sale
It's Spookier in Blu-Ray
Halloween Film Fest - Movies staring at $5
Paramount DVD - Save up to 46%
Warner DVD - Save up to 65%

Circuit City:
Various Deals for the week of 10/19-10/25 [DEAD]

Deep Discount:
Anchor Bay Horror Buy 1 Get 1 Free (Good through 10/9/08) [DEAD]
Coupon Code: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]B1G1ABDH0809[/FONT]
Fox/MGM Buy 2, Get 1 Free (Good through 10/12/08) [DEAD]
Coupon Code: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]B2G1FOXMGM0809[/FONT]
Lions Gate Horror/Sci-Fi Sale Save up to 54% off (Good through 10/9/08) [DEAD]
Mill Creek Halloween Sale - Save up to 56% (Good through 10/30/08) [DEAD]
Sony Halloween Sale, Save up to 60% (Good through 10/9/08) [DEAD]
Warner Horror Sale, Save up to 50% (Good through 10/12/08) [DEAD]
Warner Special Interest Sale - Save up to 47% (Good through 10/26/08) [DEAD]

Family Video:
Child's Play Anniversary Edition - $5.99 [DEAD]
Beetlejuice Deluxe Edition - $7.99 [DEAD]

FYE:
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Halloween DVDs
Coupon Code: B1G1P12DVD
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Halloween TV on DVD
Coupon Code:
B1G1P12DVD

K-Mart (YMMV):
George A Romero's Day of the Dead -$5
George A Romero's Dawn of the Dead - $5
Creepshow - $5
Creepshow 2 -$5
Killer Clowns From Outer Space - $4
Re-Animator - $5
Wolf Creek - $5
Wrestlemaniac - $5

Tower.com:
Tower Treasures - Amazing Deals on Your Favorite DVDs

Wal-Mart:
$5 Bin Movies (YMMV) - List Updated 10/23/08
After Dark Horror Fest DVDs - $7.50
The Ring Two - $4
Saw Trilogy - $15
Twilight Zone the Movie - $6.86

* - The trilogy is $15 at Wal-Mart B&M. The first two movies are in the $5 bin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some local places have deals check them out. At one of the Malls where I live one of the places have a sale every year and it is buy x amount get x amount free or x percent off. That is how I got most of mine last year and have yet to see them. I'm holding out this year to see if I can get a full set of the Eight Films to Die For. They are low budget movies some are good some are well not all that great. I suggest atleast picking up Crazy Eights if you can find it cheap.

Halloween 2007 movies

http://www.amazon.com/Horrorfest-Bo..._bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1222296215&sr=8-1

Halloween 2006(I think) movies

http://www.amazon.com/Horrorfest-Re..._bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1222296215&sr=8-3

This one also is not in the set however 2007's movies from what I understand are all in the box set

http://www.amazon.com/Abandoned-Karel-Roden/dp/B000OY9V9S/ref=pd_bxgy_d_text_b

You do not have to buy them all in a box set and may be less to get each movie on its own I'm not sure.

EDIT: DDD has some going on now. Also it looks like you can get the 2006 set of them movies for less then Amazon. DDD wants 66 bucks for the set.

Anchor Bay Horror Buy 1 Get 1 Free

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---A...utm_source=WhatCounts&?promoCode=B1G1ABDH0809

Lions Gate Horror/Sci-Fi Sale Save up to 54% off

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategory.htm?categoryId=479926&sortby=price&count=#listtop

Scariest. Movie. Ever.
main-205.jpg

Sendme's link to the DD Anchor Bay B1G1Free deal includes the Masters Of Horror Season 1 and 2 (season 2 has the awesome skull packaging) for a grand total of $52.88. I don't recommend the series as a whole, but that's a great price for a whole lotta modern horror.

main-205.jpg

This beats a Big Lebowski plastic Bowling Ball to a pulp.

[quote name='sendme'] They are low budget movies some are good some are well not all that great. I suggest atleast picking up Crazy Eights if you can find it cheap.http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategory.htm?categoryId=479926&sortby=price&count=#listtop[/quote]

Yeah, I bought a couple of the initial run when Circuit City had them priced at $3.99 earlier in the year. I bought Retribution (better than expected, but somewhat stereotypical J-Horror) and The Hamiltons (not too impressed, didn't find the ending that shocking, it was more disappointing). The other movies from 06 I saw on SciFi and wasn't too crazy about them. I also got The Deaths of Ian Stone from Blockbuster awhile back. I liked it, but the last 30 seconds or so was extremely lame. There's about four or so of 07's films currently on FEARnet's On Demand section, I'd like to check out Crazy Eights and Unearthed.

I'm hoping the the Universal Monster Legacy collections go on sale. I know this won't happen, but I'd like to see a legit copy of Bad Taste for less than $20 as well.

The Anchor Bay sale would be nice but other than the Evil Dead Triolgy and Romero films, nothing really stands out. I should have bought the special edition of Dawn of the Dead this summer when it was $15 on Deep Discount.

[quote name='Duckbutt']I should have bought the special edition of Dawn of the Dead this summer when it was $15 on Deep Discount.[/quote]

For what it's worth, it's part of DeepDiscount's Anchor Bay BOGO (through October 9).

[quote name='Duckbutt']Yeah, I bought a couple of the initial run when Circuit City had them priced at $3.99 earlier in the year. I bought Retribution (better than expected, but somewhat stereotypical J-Horror) and The Hamiltons (not too impressed, didn't find the ending that shocking, it was more disappointing). The other movies from 06 I saw on SciFi and wasn't too crazy about them. I also got The Deaths of Ian Stone from Blockbuster awhile back. I liked it, but the last 30 seconds or so was extremely lame. There's about four or so of 07's films currently on FEARnet's On Demand section, I'd like to check out Crazy Eights and Unearthed.

I'm hoping the the Universal Monster Legacy collections go on sale. I know this won't happen, but I'd like to see a legit copy of Bad Taste for less than $20 as well.

The Anchor Bay sale would be nice but other than the Evil Dead Triolgy and Romero films, nothing really stands out. I should have bought the special edition of Dawn of the Dead this summer when it was $15 on Deep Discount.[/QUOTE]

WOW wish I would have known about them having them for 3.99 earlier this year. I would have bought them all or atleast all I could get. However I don't ever emember seeing them there. The one I go to doesn't have much when it comes to music or movies. The movies you have to look through because they are all mixed up other then the Bluray movies.

According to DVDTalk, all of the Friday the 13ths owned by Paramount (That is to say, all but Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X and Freddy Vs. Jason) are in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart, as well as [FONT=Verdana, Arial] Invasion of the Body Snatchers ('78 collectors edition), Carrie, and Dead-Alive. Checkit here for more: [/FONT]http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/540350-wal-mart-horror-display.html

Apart from that and the previously mentioned deals, I've been having great luck getting stuff on the cheap on the Amazon Marketplaces. I just bought Freddy VS. Jason for, like 3 bucks used, and spent about that much on each of the Final Destination movies and both of the Rings. Not to mention, the Chucky boxset is $15 at Best Buy right now (bear in mind that it doesn't have the original Child's Play, but you can get the deluxe edition for $10 now, making the price of all 5 Child's Play movies $25 [$5 a pop!]).

Also, if you have a Big Lots around, the MGM selection yielded some pretty decent horror movies over here for $3 (Bubba Ho Tep, the aforementioned Invasion of the Body Snatchers, a few Amityville Horrors, The Brood, Killer Klowns from Outer Space and a decent bit of other Midnite Movies) So yeah, there are a lot of deals out there.

[quote name='bookwo3107'] Not to mention, the Chucky boxset is $15 at Best Buy right now (bear in mind that it doesn't have the original Child's Play, but you can get the deluxe edition for $10 now, making the price of all 5 Child's Play movies $25 [$5 a pop!]).

Also, if you have a Big Lots around, the MGM selection yielded some pretty decent horror movies over here for $3 (Bubba Ho Tep, the aforementioned Invasion of the Body Snatchers, a few Amityville Horrors, The Brood, Killer Klowns from Outer Space and a decent bit of other Midnite Movies) So yeah, there are a lot of deals out there.[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I think I've seen the Chucky box for less than $15 at Wal-Mart. I hope there is a Big Lots here somewhere, I'd love to check out Bubba Ho-Tep for that price.

[quote name='sendme']WOW wish I would have known about them having them for 3.99 earlier this year. I would have bought them all or atleast all I could get. However I don't ever emember seeing them there. The one I go to doesn't have much when it comes to music or movies. The movies you have to look through because they are all mixed up other then the Bluray movies.[/quote]

I bought them online, the movies that are on sale at Circuit City typically are in limited quantities for the movies people actual want to buy. Each time Jacob's Ladder was on sale, I decided to risk it and look in the store to see if they had any copies, and each at (at two different stores since I recently moved), it wasn't there. Same thing when the Godfather movies were $5.

[quote name='Kerig']
main-205.jpg

This beats a Big Lebowski plastic Bowling Ball to a pulp.[/quote]

The skull is way too small compare to the bowling ball - here are the indepth looks of the set

MOH2X.gif

MOH2PK.jpg

moh_OPEN.jpg

MOH2.jpg

mother...ef.

ofcourse the sale of a series i wanted (but not bad enough to spend atleast $150 on it) would fall on fuck poor week.

damn tease.

[quote name='slidecage']why is it called 8 films to die for when there is either 9 or 10 in the collection LOL[/quote]

They have eight films on the official roster, then two bonus films at the end of the fest. I don't think this will be around much longer. The event is typically held in November (from what I remember) and the films are released onto DVD early in the following year (like January/February). This year it's being bumped back to January and I don't even think they've got eight films on board.

[quote name='slidecage']why is it called 8 films to die for when there is either 9 or 10 in the collection LOL[/quote]

Was it on sale?

[quote name='Duckbutt']They have eight films on the official roster, then two bonus films at the end of the fest. I don't think this will be around much longer. The event is typically held in November (from what I remember) and the films are released onto DVD early in the following year (like January/February). This year it's being bumped back to January and I don't even think they've got eight films on board.[/QUOTE]

Well the first box set only had 7 of the 8 and the second box set had all 8 from what I know. You can buy all them out of the box also. I didnt know they had more then 8. Even on the site for last year only 8 were listed. Last year they were I think around the end of November to middle/end of October. This year yes they have been pushed back to January. I think it is around the first of the year and only 3 or 4 are listed. That is due to the fact that the ones not listed are still in production. I'm not sure if out of the ones still in production if that is post production or still being filmed.

[quote name='Duckbutt']They have eight films on the official roster, then two bonus films at the end of the fest. I don't think this will be around much longer. The event is typically held in November (from what I remember) and the films are released onto DVD early in the following year (like January/February). This year it's being bumped back to January and I don't even think they've got eight films on board.[/QUOTE]

THERE WAS A 9th 2007 Horrorfest movie. FRONTIERS ? it says right above the box

8 movies to die for collection. good luck finding it . i only found one place renting it and noone selling it locally

SEEMS Horror fest 3 will only be shown in 30 cities this year.... fort wayne was left out, then again dont shock me cause there was only like 5 people in some of the shows last year

HORRORFEST 3 seems they are no longer going by years now it might be every 2 to 3 years

JAN 9 to 15.... They needed to get these movies out before halloween. What am i saying, they needed to get GOOD MOVIES Period..

MOVIES

1... the broken ....... Sounds very stupid not really a horror movie

2 Slaughter again lame movie been done 100x times

3. Perkins 14 ... sounds like it would be the best movie ... Killer kidnaps 14 children. and trains them to be killers then releases them all onto the town at once

4. Butterfly effect 3 revelation ..... NO NOT ANOTHER BUTTERFLY MOVIE lol from the incredibly successful franchise.... What the hell are they talking about part 2 bombed . this will too

5. from within

6 and 7 and 8 TBA

once again 7 very poorly made movies and 1 good one.

this series it just trying to kill off the entire horror business

seems many cities will NOT be having this anymore.

with frontier(s), it was supposed to be one of the original 8, but it for a nc-17 rating so they replaced it with something else

The BOGO isn't too bad. There are alot of classics (Evil Dead, Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc) but after shipping is slapped on, I'm not sure how good this actually is. This might be worth doing for the Universal Monsters collections.

[quote name='slidecage']THERE WAS A 9th 2007 Horrorfest movie. FRONTIERS ? it says right above the box

8 movies to die for collection. good luck finding it . i only found one place renting it and noone selling it locally

SEEMS Horror fest 3 will only be shown in 30 cities this year.... fort wayne was left out, then again dont shock me cause there was only like 5 people in some of the shows last year

HORRORFEST 3 seems they are no longer going by years now it might be every 2 to 3 years

JAN 9 to 15.... They needed to get these movies out before halloween. What am i saying, they needed to get GOOD MOVIES Period..

MOVIES

1... the broken ....... Sounds very stupid not really a horror movie

2 Slaughter again lame movie been done 100x times

3. Perkins 14 ... sounds like it would be the best movie ... Killer kidnaps 14 children. and trains them to be killers then releases them all onto the town at once

4. Butterfly effect 3 revelation ..... NO NOT ANOTHER BUTTERFLY MOVIE lol from the incredibly successful franchise.... What the hell are they talking about part 2 bombed . this will too

5. from within

6 and 7 and 8 TBA

once again 7 very poorly made movies and 1 good one.

this series it just trying to kill off the entire horror business

seems many cities will NOT be having this anymore.[/QUOTE]

Ok so 2006 they still only had 8 that I know of. The box set only has 7 and the 8th one is not in the box set. 2007 had 9 and one that was NC-17 so most theaters did not show it. The 2007 box set only has 8 and the one that is NC-17 is not in it. This year they have last I knew not listed every city. Hell last year I don't even think the theater that I went to had it listed on the horror fest site. Also keep in mind thies are low budget movies so not much is spent on them like most other movies. I like them and sure I think they could be better but I also like the low budget horror movies.

Wal-Mart $5 Bin (YMMV):
The Blair Witch Project
Buried Alive
Carrie
Candyman 3
Dead-Alive
The Dead Zone (Christopher Walken Movie)
Bram Stoker's Dracula
John Carpenter's The Fog
Friday The 13th
Friday The 13th Part 2
Friday The 13th Part 3
Friday The 13th The Final Chapter
Friday The 13th V A New Beginning
Friday The 13th VI Jason Lives
Friday The 13th VII The New Blood
Friday The 13th VIII Jason Takes Manhattan
Friday The 13th IX Jason Goes To Hell
The Grudge
The Grudge 2
Halloween II
Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Halloween IV
Halloween V
Hard Candy
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Jason X
Masters of Horror: Cigarette Burns
Masters of Horror: The Fair Haired Child
Masters of Horror: Pelts
Masters of Horror: We All Scream for Ice Cream
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5
A Nightmare on Elm Street 6: Freddy's Dead
Nightmare Detective
Psycho II
The Ring
Rosemary's Baby
Rose Red
Saw
Saw II
Secret Window
Silver Bullet
Urban Legends: Bloody Mary

If you can find it, I'd highly recommend Dead Alive. This is Peter Jackson prior to Lord of the Rings. If you like The Evil Dead or Shaun of the Dead, this film is for you.

[quote name='slidecage']8 movies to die for collection. good luck finding it . i only found one place renting it and noone selling it locally[/quote]

If you have a Redbox (rental kiosk at some Mcdonalds, Wal-Marts, Walgreens, and grocery stores), they usually have most of them.

http://www.redbox.com/Locations/KioskSearch.aspx

I think the only one I could actually recommend was Tooth & Nail, the apocalyptic-future cannibal-gang one.

The most disappointing was Mulberry St., the zombie rat-people one, that was just stupid.

Oh, for virtually always-free Redbox rentals (instead of $1), get free codes that are always updating here: (start with the code REDBOX, it's for new customers only, you can use a code once with each CC you have...)

http://www.insideredbox.com/codes/

[quote name='Kerig']If you have a Redbox (rental kiosk at some Mcdonalds, Wal-Marts, Walgreens, and grocery stores), they usually have most of them.

http://www.redbox.com/Locations/KioskSearch.aspx

I think the only one I could actually recommend was Tooth & Nail, the apocalyptic-future cannibal-gang one.

The most disappointing was Mulberry St., the zombie rat-people one, that was just stupid.

Oh, for virtually always-free Redbox rentals (instead of $1), get free codes that are always updating here: (start with the code REDBOX, it's for new customers only, you can use a code once with each CC you have...)

http://www.insideredbox.com/codes/[/QUOTE]

Frontiers is the one i was talking about having a real hard time finding. Only Family video rents it and no stores around here sell it (at least they didnt

The Saw Trilogy (Theatrical Version) is $15 at Wal-Mart.

This is not the Director's Cut/Unrated Trilogy package that was released last year. There are only minimal differences between versions.

I've been hoping that the two disc of Bram Stoker's Dracula would be on sale for a decent price within this upcoming month so I can finally upgrade. I already have the Superbit but I'd really love the features to go along.

at walmart i saw the 2 disc bram stoker's dracula for cheaper than 15.00.... im thinking 10.00 with a bunch of horror movies. it may have been 13.00 however..

Would you mind clarifying on the OP for the B1G1 50%, etc, if blu-rays are included in their deals? I looked at a few of them and it doesn't look like they are. Still good info but I'm hoping to get some cheap blu-rays this season!

EDIT:

DDD does have a Blu-Ray specific sale:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---S...519288VVviewcat.htm?&promoCode=B2G1SONYBR0809

Buy 2 get 1 free. Not many deals since a lot of their BDs are too much IMO to begin with, but there's a few cheap ones.

[quote name='johnnypark']Would you mind clarifying on the OP for the B1G1 50%, etc, if blu-rays are included in their deals? I looked at a few of them and it doesn't look like they are. Still good info but I'm hoping to get some cheap blu-rays this season!

EDIT:

DDD does have a Blu-Ray specific sale:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---S...519288VVviewcat.htm?&promoCode=B2G1SONYBR0809

Buy 2 get 1 free. Not many deals since a lot of their BDs are too much IMO to begin with, but there's a few cheap ones.[/quote]

Other than the Bluray deal you posted (which I mentioned eariler just a few posts back), I haven't seen any blurays included in any of the the other deals, if there were such a deal, I would have said bluray in the link, but this is pretty much DVDs only. In fact the one Bluray (Halloween Bluray on Amazon) deal that was posted mentioned that it was Bluray. I chose not to include the Deep Discount Bluray in the initial post because it exprires rather soon.

thanks, the 59% one off is nice

the anchor bay one, almost all the movies are cheaper at deep discount if anyone was interested

WOW

http://www.amazon.com/Masters-Horro...=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1222989548&sr=1-25

masters of horror season 2 42 bucks that is cheap

Here might be a good pick

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Flix-6...=sr_1_93?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1222989791&sr=1-93

Silent Night, Bloody Night if that is the movie i think it is ... but that might be silent night deadly night

and

nightmare worlds fell to 12.49

i picked up

1 of: Nightmare Worlds 50 Movie Pack Collection [DVD]
By: Anthony Perkins (Actor), et al
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$12.49
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

1 of: Catacomb of Creepshows 50 Movie Pack [DVD]
By: DJ Perry (Actor), et al
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$14.99
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None

for 27.48 shipped 100 movies for 28 bucks thats 28 cents a show

WEIRD THING ON AMAZON

i got this on UPS

Package
Shipped/Billed On: 10/02/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 2.00 Lbs

yet it shows onamazon

Shipping estimate:October 2, 2008
Delivery estimate:October 3, 2008 (More about estimates)

according to UPS they never even got the package yet..... if i dont have this tomorrow all hell is going to break out

Unfortunately, most of the movies from those 50 packs are public domain, and they aren't the best of quality from what I've been told. I nearly bought one because it had Bad Taste (which Peter Jackson is in a legal battle to get it removed from the package since he is the rights holder and never gave permission for it's use).

[quote name='Duckbutt']Unfortunately, most of the movies from those 50 packs are public domain, and they aren't the best of quality from what I've been told. I nearly bought one because it had Bad Taste (which Peter Jackson is in a legal battle to get it removed from the package since he is the rights holder and never gave permission for it's use).[/QUOTE]

i figured if 5 of the 50 movies are good that is still around 3 bucks per movie. cheaper then picking them up at walmart.

bad thing reading some reviews it says some will be watched once but then cant load again. if this happens i just ask for a replacement or refund.

if i could sit and watch some of the AWFUL Horrorfest movies i probally can at least watch 10 of these LOL

nightamre worlds sounds like i might like 2 or 3 out of the 50 since most of them are old..like 1930 to 1960s

catacombes seems like its all new movies 2003 to 200x

6.8) Addiction (2003) - Frank Franconeri/Mim Granahan/Lydia Fiore
(???) At the House of Madness (2007)
(1.4) Awaken the Dead (2007) - Gary Kohn/Lindsey Morris/Nate Whitty (and dozens of zombies)
(???) Caregiver (2007) - Asa Wallander/Rebeka Montoya/Elisa Elliot
(5.2) Clean (Canada-2006) - Marco Calliari/Sebastien Croteau/Martin Dubreuil
(6.6) Cope (2007) - Rachel Pinto/Robert Allen Wagner/Krystal Sullivan
(???) Dead Country (Australia-2008) - Zoran Babic/Andrew Merkelbach/Mandy Kane/Lloyd Kaufman (voice)
(1.4) DeadHouse (2005) - Pablo Macho Maysonet IV/Brian Rivera/Bryan F. Irrera
(2.9) Deadly Memories ("Body Shop") (2002) - Phillip Newman/William Smith/Robert Z'Dar
(???) Death Becomes Them (2001)
(4.7) Death Factory (2002) - Lisa Jay/Karla Zarnudio/Jeff Ryan/Ron Jeremy
(3.1) Death From Beyond (2006) - Trisha Hershberger/Sarah Marie Muhl/James Panetta
(???) Dee Flowered (2006)
(???) Demon Slaughter (2004) - Adam Berasi/Vic Badger/Peter Blessel
(3.8) Demons in My Head (Australia-1998) - Matthew Mariconte/Greg Bowman-Miles/Jane Rowland
(6.0) Divine Intervention (2007) - Vic Clay/Jonathan La Mantia/Ingrid Fenn
(???) Dr. Shock's Grindhouse of Horrors (2007) - Three more stories presented by the bad Dr.
(2.0) The Forever Dead (2007) - Bill Mulligan/Patrick Loree/Libby Lynn/Jessie Walley
(2.1) Frightworld (2006) Andrew Roth/Kamillia Kataxenna Kova/Gary Marzoff
(3.7) Fungicide (2005) - Dave Bonavita/Wes Miller/Dave Wascavage
(???) Grave Mistake (2008)
(2.8) Hell Hath No Fury (Canada-2006) - Linda Stang/Nicole Hancock/Johnny Cantiveros
(2.5) Hell's Highway (2002) - Phoebe Dollar/Kiren David/Jonathan Gray
(???) Holy Terror (2006)
(3.2) In the Woods (1999) - DJ Perry/Aimee Tenaglia/Tim Jeffrey/Jim Greulich
(???) Johnny Sunshine Maximunm Violence (2008) - Sean-Michael Argo/Matt Yeager/Shey Bland
(5.0) Kottentail (2004) - Nathan Faudree/John Karyus/Joe Geragi/Jake Andolina
(5.5) Machine Head (2000) - Josh Walitt/Sondraya Rowe/Rich Cowden
(???) Master of Darkness Magic (2001)
(2.3) Night (2006) - John Hardy/Shawn LeTang/Melanie Ginnett
(???) Prey for the Beast (Canada-2007) - Brett Kelly/Lisa Aitken/Mark Courneyea
(3.9) Raving Maniacs (2005) - Patrick Cohen/Emily Morettini/Andrew Vellenoweth
(???) Reservoir Cats (2001)
(3.0) Satan's Whip (2006) - Robert Field/Hannah Friedman/Bob Connelly
(2.7) School of Horror (2007) - Bobby Baldassari/Abe Dewing/Vic Clay
(???) Shadow People (2007) - Suzanna Hartzell-Baird/Justin Klemann/Michelle Shea Walker
(7.0) Sick Bðstðrd (UK-2007) - Ken Dirke/Collette Green/Amy Hill/Michael Johnson
(???) Sinner (2007)
(3.4) Skeleton Key (2006) - Conrad Brooks/John Johnson/Jay Barber
(???) Slaughtered (2005) - Khhryst/Rebecca McCuen/Arlisha Fogle
(1.5) Stereotypes Don't Just Disappear Into Thin Air (2005) - Bill Zebub/George 'The Slayer' Stiso
(???) Stiff Odds (2004) - Gabe Strachota/Kate Delaney/Cory Pearson
(3.8) Storm of the Dead (2006) - J. Todd Smith/Debra Cassano/Karin Justman/Bob Cook
(2.7) Swamp Zombies (2005) - Shannon Solo/Jasmin St. Claire/Brian Heffron/Pamela Sutch
(3.4) Tartarus (2005) - Dave Wascavage/Juan Fernandez/David Weldon
(4.0) The Tenement (2003) - Joe Lauria/Michael Gingold/Doreen Valdati
(3.7) Torment (2008) - Suzi Lorraine/Tom Stedham/Ted Alderman/Lucien Eisenach
(4.0) Trees (2000) - Kevin McCauley/Phil Gardiner/Peter Randazzo
(4.0) Trees 2: The Root of All Evil (2004) - Ron Palillo/Brandi Coppock/Kevin McCauley/Phil Gardiner
(???) The Walkers (2006)

Big Lots $3 DVDs (YMMV):
The Amittyville Horror (2005 Remake)
Amityville II: The Possession
The Amittyville Horror 3: The Demon
Bubba Ho-Tep
Candyman: Farewell to Flesh
The Cave
John Carpenter's The Fog
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein
The Ghoul
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Invasion of the Body Snatcher (1976)
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Manhunter
Scanners
Swamp Thing
Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation

There were more horror movies there, but none that I can remember, and probably nothing worth purchasing, unless you like putting yourself through terrible movies.

[quote name='Duckbutt']Unfortunately, most of the movies from those 50 packs are public domain, and they aren't the best of quality from what I've been told. I nearly bought one because it had Bad Taste (which Peter Jackson is in a legal battle to get it removed from the package since he is the rights holder and never gave permission for it's use).[/QUOTE]

nightmare worlds came crushed. so amazon gave me half my cash back on poor packing.

breaks down to around 7 bucks per 50 box set... wow 100 movies for 14 bucks

14 cents per movie. Hell they can all be crap for that price.

Well, what I meant by poor quality was the video/audio portion of it, but yes, I haven't heard much about there being many enjoyable movies in those collections either, but hope it works out for you.

[quote name='Duckbutt']Well, what I meant by poor quality was the video/audio portion of it, but yes, I haven't heard much about there being many enjoyable movies in those collections either, but hope it works out for you.[/QUOTE]

yea i watched a few of them last night (well about the first few mins )

i think i will like Nightmare worlds more since it is older movies that was good for their time

The catacomb movies look like everyone was made with a 50 buck video camera

cant really complain though only paid 7 per set after the 50% discount they are refunding

The Tree movie is funny as hell how bad it is. Before it starts it goes Jaws broke records back in 1975 we pay honor to this movie with ours. Trees attack and eat people (mind its probally a 500 buck movie and it dont show anything) its just funny people screaming acting like the trees are killing them LOL

you also have to be careful buying these for ALOT OF MONEY (boarders wants 30 per set) 3 of the nightmare world movies i got on a single CD at walmart for 75 cents so most of these are in other cheaper collections ...

i probally can redump them on ebay for 5 each meaning i only lost 2 bucks each.

also got some funny movies to watch this halloween

Isn't that the guy that worked with Romero for the international version of Dawn of the Dead? There are a several retailers selling this new for less than $20 (including shipping) on Amazon Marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back