Halloween themed games?

chubbyninja1319

CAGiversary!
Can anybody think of games from this or the last gen that are Halloween themed and worth playing? I'm looking for 'spooky' not just gory or scary (like let's say Deadspace or Bioshock).

I can think of:

- Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
- Haunted Mansion (PS2 or Xbox)
- Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox)
- Maximo: Ghosts to Glory (PS2) -- this one's kind of a stretch

Anything else??

Too bad you dont want pc?

Scratches, Sanitarium, Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths, etc.

Also Painkiller is somewhat on that theme. What about Manhunt 1 and 2?

[quote name='underliness']Wasn't one of the Parasite Eves on Halloween, or am I mistaken?[/QUOTE]

The first one was set on Christmas Eve, but the second one sucked.

How about Halloween?

halloween.png

[quote name='BigD63']zombie ate my neighbors, not scary, just halloween themed sprites and music[/QUOTE]

it is actually old horror movies, but still a very good game you can on VC. There is also the sequel Ghoul Patrol. You can check out Monster Maddness on Xbox 360 and PS3. It is not the greatest game ever made but not too bad for $10

[quote name='javeryh']How about Halloween?

[/quote]

That gave me Friday the 13th flashbacks, although all I remember about that game was going around a lake over and over.

Okage Shadow King (PS2).

Not really worth playing if you have to pay more than $10 for it due to serious game flaws, but it's cute and very Tim Burton-y. A quick look on Amazon shows that they got it used and complete for a bit under $10 shipped. Might be worth looking into if you're an RPG fan.

Slaughterhouse seires
FEAR
Bioshock
Silent Hill
Alone in the Dark
the list could go on and on and on

Haunting starring Polterguy

That's the only "spooky" one I can think of, but I have a feeling there's more I'm not thinking of.

There's tons of ghost/paranormal games that are scary though.

The best one I can think of is Kingdom Hearts (PS2).

Well, the Halloween level, it set the mood pretty good for the season. Really, there are a few games with decent halloween levels/themes (just playing through Bully now for the first time and they had a scene in it), but there aren't many that have a full game built around it.

[quote name='lordxixor101']The best one I can think of is Kingdom Hearts (PS2).

Well, the Halloween level, it set the mood pretty good for the season. Really, there are a few games with decent halloween levels/themes (just playing through Bully now for the first time and they had a scene in it), but there aren't many that have a full game built around it.[/QUOTE]

Well if you like oldschool style adventures then take a peek at Tony Tough on the PC it came out 2-3 years ago and is not system intensive as far as requirements. It is oldschool adventure though. Completely based on Halloween night.

7.jpg

10.jpg

Don't let the small stature, oversized raincoat, and large glasses fool you. Tony is a seasoned private eye for Wallen & Wallen Investigations, and he's been on the beat for 10 years. Tonight, Halloween night, Tony has been assigned the case of a lifetime: He must nab the swollen-headed psychopath who is stealing candy from the children. Now, you'll play the role of Tony as he travels to 60 different locations and interacts with more than 30 characters in an effort to thwart the villain's evil candy-stealing ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xycury']Undying for the PC is scary...

too bad ... there are tons...

Blood, Blood 2, the thing, FEAR....[/quote]

I was about to say Undying also. That is one of the most underrated game in the history of video game. It kicked ass!

[quote name='lordxixor101']The best one I can think of is Kingdom Hearts (PS2).

Well, the Halloween level, it set the mood pretty good for the season. Really, there are a few games with decent halloween levels/themes (just playing through Bully now for the first time and they had a scene in it), but there aren't many that have a full game built around it.[/quote]

Nooo... I wanted to say that one! :cry:

[quote name='Snake2715']Well if you like oldschool style adventures then take a peek at Tony Tough on the PC it came out 2-3 years ago and is not system intensive as far as requirements. It is oldschool adventure though. Completely based on Halloween night.

7.jpg

10.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I may look into it. In fairness my computer is a few years old (and wasn't top of the line when I got it) so if the game takes any sort of horsepower, I probably don't have it. Still, I'll give it a look. Thanks

[quote name='ananag112']The Fatal Frame games are great if you want a spooky game.[/quote]

Spooky? I found them scary as all living hell.

I second the notion on Luigi's Mansion too. It's got a great haunted house atmosphere. Not scary whatsoever though.

bread's done
Back