Halo 2 anyone? Available NOW NOW in NYC at Multimedia 1.0

defender

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
For those who don't want to wait...

Multimedia 1.0
18 Saint Marks Place (8th Street between 2nd and 3rd ave)
NY NY 10003

212 539 1039

I will be open till midnight (or later).

I have the regular version $49.99 and the LE for $59.99 Anyone mentioning CAG can get the LE for $54.99.

To get to my store take the N or the R to 8th street or the 6 train to Astor Place.

Supplies are extremely limited and it will sell out fast.
Any questions?

im going to my local EB at 10:55... i figure everyone will go at 11 thinking they will have enough time.. so i will beat em to the punch!

good idea eh? haha

I know you usually have great deals Defender and it was nice that you sold Halo 2 early, but I heard you were charging $80 for copies when you were running low and tried to sell the last few for between $100-150 which is just insane. Shame on you for doing that to gamers who would have gladly paid the $10 more (which was reasonable).

its capitalism pumpkin, get used to it. we live in the US of A, and if he didnt do that, how would he put food on his kids' table?

[quote name='pumpkinsfan460']I know you usually have great deals Defender and it was nice that you sold Halo 2 early, but I heard you were charging $80 for copies when you were running low and tried to sell the last few for between $100-150 which is just insane. Shame on you for doing that to gamers who would have gladly paid the $10 more (which was reasonable).[/quote]

I told every single person that paid that to wait 48 hours to get it at regular price...they made a choice. Money is NOT the same to everyone and many in NYC were willing to pay that much to get it early. I sold 90% of what I had at a reasonable price and I upped the price as I was selling them out. It's called supply and demand and the market sets the price. Also I am pretty sure everyone at CAG that wanted it at the reasonable price got it. Are you really upset that some yuppies with loads of money overpaid? I got a wife and 4 kids to support..think of that.

I bet the LE versions will be selling for $80-$100 by next week and possibly much more by December. I suppose it's also my fault (or any seller) that on Ebay some were willing to pay over $200 to get this early.

[quote name='pumpkinsfan460']I know you usually have great deals Defender and it was nice that you sold Halo 2 early, but I heard you were charging $80 for copies when you were running low and tried to sell the last few for between $100-150 which is just insane. Shame on you for doing that to gamers who would have gladly paid the $10 more (which was reasonable).[/quote]

shut up dude, no ones making u buy his games, he was selling them a weekend early! know of anyone else doing that!? you pay for that service. again, just shut up

Personally I don't care that Defender sold Halo 2 early for twice the value, that's his choice, but just remember you guys agreed with it when some no name newbie comes on CAG and tries to sell everyone a copy of a game he got early for twice the retail price.

It is pretty amazing how hypocritical some of you can be.

And I bet if someone turned him in, he wouldnt be in BIG TROUBLE for breaking street date. Otherwise, Congrats for living the CAPITALISTS DREAM. Thats why its fun being AMERICAN.

[quote name='defender'][quote name='pumpkinsfan460']I know you usually have great deals Defender and it was nice that you sold Halo 2 early, but I heard you were charging $80 for copies when you were running low and tried to sell the last few for between $100-150 which is just insane. Shame on you for doing that to gamers who would have gladly paid the $10 more (which was reasonable).[/quote]

I told every single person that paid that to wait 48 hours to get it at regular price...they made a choice. Money is NOT the same to everyone and many in NYC were willing to pay that much to get it early. I sold 90% of what I had at a reasonable price and I upped the price as I was selling them out. It's called supply and demand and the market sets the price. Also I am pretty sure everyone at CAG that wanted it at the reasonable price got it. Are you really upset that some yuppies with loads of money overpaid? I got a wife and 4 kids to support..think of that.

I bet the LE versions will be selling for $80-$100 by next week and possibly much more by December. I suppose it's also my fault (or any seller) that on Ebay some were willing to pay over $200 to get this early.[/quote]

I think it's pretty damn cool you got a couple idiots to pay that much for a game they can get a few hours later for half the price. They obviously don't care about their money that much if they were going to pay that much money.

I remember digging around Multimedia 1.0 when I lived in NYC, it's a pretty cool store. A little junky, and a little overpriced, but there's always a chance that you'll find a little treasure.

Well the difference is I didn't treat this community wrong. As a matter of fact I made sure everyone from here who wanted one got it. The guy from Connectecut drove down here and I made sure to hold his copy for him. When I did have to raise the price I just posted here at CAG that I was sold out as to not offend anyone who did miss out on the original offer price. I would rather maintain my good name and reputation here than make a fast buck. Actually I try to balance the two.

I have signed no contract with anyone so breaking street date is meaningless to me. However those that sold me the game would possibly have a problem. I am sure too that if MS wanted my distribution to be cut off that I would have some issues getting MS games but in reality...they can't do shit to me and they won't. GameStop, EB, Walmart, and BB all have direct contracts with MS no to break street date.

3 Hours till hardcore haloers get the game, and about 17 hours till I get to play it after school.

[quote name='el bobo']3 Hours till hardcore haloers get the game, and about 17 hours till I get to play it after school.[/quote]

This is part of some of the reason I had lots of people willing to pay extra money. When I had these on Friday lots of people considered that until next weekend they wouldnt really have the time to play...so for the extra money they could spend all weekend with the game and get a head start in the fun. Xbox live was already open for Halo 2 as well and nothing like getting a head start on the skillz to help in the tournaments. Those 3 days early can really matter when a tournament was only 7-14 days away. I have lots of flyers in my store for places that will be holding Halo 2 tourneys so those interested just stop in and pick some up. Most have cash prizes.

I anticipated more customers wanted the LE so I have a 2-1 ratio on these and I am glad I did. While it seems there are lots of LE floating around...I wonder how long that can last?

Also I still of course have inventory and those that wish the game feel free to get it from me.

bread's done
Back