HALO 2-Blockbuster/Gamerush B&M 9.99 NEW

dragswizz

CAG Veteran
Hey everyone, Im a BB employee and just wanted to let you all know that today we permentantly lowered the price of Halo 2 to 9.99. Priced at 14.99 rings up at 9.99.

Holy SHNIKIES

Correct you are sir.

I live right down the street from a GR/BB and I decided to check it out for the hell of it.

Halo 2 was stickered at 29.99 and I brought it up to the counter for a price check.

The clerk choked on his wheaties. Then I bought 3 for X-mas gifts. (No hoarder here - besides - can't trade it in to GR now can I).

Venice Blvd GR/BB.

Thanks for the post OP!!

BTW - any other games with this secretive yet drastic price drop?

Thanks again!

:applause:

Is this only Gamerush or any BB? I only have a couple BBs near me. I've never even seen a Gamerush :( Also, is this used? Thanks for the post!

is it possible for a local blockbuster to call another gamerush to do some sort of price match if halo 2 still rings up as $29.99?

[quote name='dragswizz']Hey everyone, Im a BB employee and just wanted to let you all know that today we permentantly lowered the price of Halo 2 to 9.99. Priced at 14.99 rings up at 9.99.[/QUOTE]

do you know if the rumor is true from dvdtalk that this Fri/sat BB/GR will have 50% off everything on PV movie and game?

Although I didn't pick one up, my GR literally had 25 new copies of Halo 2. They were actually marked at $15, so the idea of them being $10 wouldn't be a big surprise.

got the last one from the blockbuster in west caldwell.

they are stickered at $19.99 but they are ringing up in the computer at $9.99

[quote name='peloquin17']got the last one from the blockbuster in west caldwell.

they are stickered at $19.99 but they are ringing up in the computer at $9.99[/QUOTE]

Was that a BB only or did it also have the GameRush? Thanks! :)

straight up blockbuster.

no game rush stores around these parts.

the closest ones to me are in staten island

lemme know if you want a receipt scan

[quote name='peloquin17']straight up blockbuster.

no game rush stores around these parts.

the closest ones to me are in staten island

lemme know if you want a receipt scan[/QUOTE]

No need. Thanks for the info. I'll have to hit up my local BBuster and see what's available.

Hit up BB/GR after TRU and picked up Halo 2. The employee said that the price was whatever was show on the front ($14.99) and wouldn't scan it for me, so I said that I would take it anyway and when he scanned it, it rang up 9.99 and he was dumbfounded. Thnaks OP!

Yeah, that shocked me, too. I picked up a copy of the game on a whim, since $15 seemed like a pretty good deal. When it rang up at $10, I realized I was getting an even better one!

I'm giving my brother and his son an Xbox for Christmas. I really should have picked up an extra copy of Halo 2 for them... I don't know how they're going to feel about finding weaksauce games like Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 and Sphinx(ter) and the Cursed Mummy under the tree.

JR

[quote name='Masterkyo']It's possible Halo 2 is $10 too ??[/QUOTE]

That is what this whole topic is about. Halo 2 for $10.
I called a local Blockbuster yesterday night and they put it on hold for me. I'm going to go pick it up some time today. Thanks OP!

Does anyone know of any BB stores in the Seattle area that sell new games? All of the ones I've been to only sell used games. :cry:

Edit: Whoops, didn't even notice that the poster right above me is in Seattle :)

Technique - What BB store did you try?

[quote name='RightHere']Does anyone know of any BB stores in the Seattle area that sell new games? All of the ones I've been to only sell used games. :cry:

Edit: Whoops, didn't even notice that the poster right above me is in Seattle :)

Technique - What BB store did you try?[/QUOTE]

I called the local one on greenwood by that fred meyer and top ten toys. They told me that the University Village block buster was the only one that had it. I went into today and got 2 of them. I don't know if they have any more. I'd go ahead and give them a call first.

25th/NE University Vill
4715 25th Avenue N. E.
Seattle, WA 98105
(206) 522-9800
Store Hours: Mon - Sun: 10:00AM - Midnight

Found it at my local BB. They had 2 copies marked $9.99 (I was shocked they were on top of things). I picked up one. Thanks again OP!

Update: this deal is still on!! Here is my list of games I am willing to trade and for what games. Sorry I can only trade in person. Reply ASAP!!

From the KB Toys DS Deal: Just brought extra copies of Meteos ($9.99), Metroid Prime Pinball ($19.99) and Trace Memory (19.99). I am looking for Advance Wars 2 and Kirby Canvas Curse.

From Game Rush, Target, and TRU $9.99 Deals:
I have Halo 2 ($9.99), Need For Speed Underground 2 ($19.99) and Need For Speed Underground 2 ($9.99). I am looking for Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA), Donkey Kong Country 2 (GBA), Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA), Metal Slug Advance (GBA), Racing Gears Advance (GBA), Mario Party 4 & 5 (GCN), Resident Evil 4 (GCN), Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow (GCN), Star Fox Adventures (GCN), Need For Speed Underground 2 (PS2), Metal Solid 3 with DVD (PS2).

Sad to said but if I can't trade then I will return the games back. So I am hoping some deal can be arranged.

I rather pick up the limited edition halo at TRU at the same price.The TRU near my home have tons of them.I guess the game in not so "limited" afterall.

I actually picked up a used copy from my local Blockbuster on 53rd St. here in Chicago.

It rang up for $6.99 then they subtracted 25% for their sale.In the end, I paid around $5.37 for a used copy of Halo 2. Not bad!

Make sure to check your BB for used Halo 2's.

if anyone has a spare I'd like to trade for it check my list. I will add money with some of my lesser valued games

Just picked one up at my Blockbuster.....funny thing too since I went there to just rent it and they had no copies of it left for rent and was browsing the video games and saw a brand new copy for $10 and almost crapped myself haha.

big thanks to the OP.

went to two Blockbusters, only one had 2 copies of Halo 2 (one new, one used), picked up a used one for a little over $5 after the 25% off discount was applied :)

I actually got a new "Halo 2" from Blockbuster today for $9.99 at this late stage, so there are still a few out there if you're lucky. I couldn't get the LE from the TRU sale, so this is just as good.

The Pasadena, FL Blockbuster had one more left and strangely they still have the foil cover original "Halo: Game of the Year" new.

bread's done
Back