Halo 2 LE $9.98 @ B&M TRU YMMV

I'll go check out my TRU this afternoon. I just finally got Halo in a trade, and am enjoying it more than I expected. I'll jump on this for $10. Here's to hopeing they have a copy! I'll post this afternoon if I have luck or not.

I was lucky enough to get a copy when TRU dropped it at around Christmas. One of the best cheap-ass scores for me in ages.

i would buy it if it was right in front of me (ie not having to travel to tru). my halo2 is scratched from playing too much and i cant play single player anymore. =P

[quote name='SAGExSDX']i would buy it if it was right in front of me (ie not having to travel to tru). my halo2 is scratched from playing too much and i cant play single player anymore. =P[/QUOTE]

You... play... single player?

[quote name='lurknomore']So is this YMMV or not? I guess that I'll drop by to see if I even see them.[/QUOTE]

No, it was part of the big list of games that dropped to 9.98 2 days before X-mas. Some stores got more in recently, mine only got 1 and a coworker grabbed it. (I didn't care since I already have the LE)

[quote name='SAGExSDX']i would buy it if it was right in front of me (ie not having to travel to tru). my halo2 is scratched from playing too much and i cant play single player anymore. =P[/quote]

You would actually want to play single player...?

Wow...Just...Wow...

The only YMMV with this deal is if your store has them in stock or not. Mine doesn't but has a ton of San Andreas for XB and PS2 for $9.98

[quote name='sp00ge']The only YMMV with this deal is if your store has them in stock or not. Mine doesn't but has a ton of San Andreas for XB and PS2 for $9.98[/quote]
That's news to me. I'll have to pick one up.

[quote name='evilmax17']That's news to me. I'll have to pick one up.[/quote]

The 9.98 San Andreas is the original version that was pulled from the shelves. We pulled them and sent them back, and the DC sent them back and told us to just sell them. I don't know how true this holds for other TRU's though.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']You would actually want to play single player...?

Wow...Just...Wow...[/QUOTE]

I play single player and love it. I play co-op with friends, too - it rocks. I might pick up an extra copy for 10 bones. Though, I hate how they divided the screen for co-op on widescreen.
Now, could you please tell me how I suck for enjoying it so?

I would say it is most likely YMMV.

Some stores still have it in stock. Other stores have been getting small amounts that I would guess are leftover stock from the wherehouse. Even the "Do Not Sell 11/XX/04" orange sticker is still on the top of these.

Our store got in 2 new copies sent to us last week, but they went quick over the weekend.

[quote name='dragonhunter']I play single player and love it. I play co-op with friends, too - it rocks. I might pick up an extra copy for 10 bones. Though, I hate how they divided the screen for co-op on widescreen.
Now, could you please tell me how I suck for enjoying it so?[/quote]
You don't suck for enjoying it, it's a matter of opinion, but for most of my friends we couldn't play the single player, it just got so boring and the story was stupid. But we still play Multiplayer all the time.

Didn't mean to offend you by it, but I personally think it flat out sucks and I guess some people must like it. I doubt anyone could make a game no one likes.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']You don't suck for enjoying it, it's a matter of opinion, but for most of my friends we couldn't play the single player, it just got so boring and the story was stupid. But we still play Multiplayer all the time.

Didn't mean to offend you by it, but I personally think it flat out sucks and I guess some people must like it. I doubt anyone could make a game no one likes.[/quote]

what makes halo any different than other fps if the only thing appealing about it is multiplayer? why not just play unreal tournament or quake? or get on a computer and play a real game in counterstrike

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']You don't suck for enjoying it, it's a matter of opinion, but for most of my friends we couldn't play the single player, it just got so boring and the story was stupid. But we still play Multiplayer all the time.

Didn't mean to offend you by it, but I personally think it flat out sucks and I guess some people must like it. I doubt anyone could make a game no one likes.[/QUOTE]

It just seems like knocking Halo 2's story is the cool thing to do among gaming elites. Whatever. Seems like calling everything crap in general - except whatever one's personal tastes include as "good" - has become cool. Again, whatever. I'm sure there are some games you enjoy that I think flat out suck. It IS all opinion.
That being said, the majority of game reviews praised the single player experience also. I wish I was alone in my opinion so I could be elite, but I'm not. :(

well it's not necessarily that i would play single player. in fact, i never finished playing. it's more the fact that my copy is now incomplete. im a sucker for completeness and mint condition stuff. *shrug*

but the single player did have its great moments. i never really understood why ppl bashed the game so much. prolly mostly due to a lot of ppl liking the game...

I thought the single player game was great. I've never signed up for XBox Live, and don't have enough time to bother with it. I played through most of the single player game and was very impressed with how well it was developed.

I'd love to get another copy, as I loaned my previous one out, and will probably never see it again (read: PM me if you have an extra copy of Halo 2, LE or not, thanks!)

hmmm, i just checked a tru yesterday no luck. they said they havent even sold one copy. well if anyone got some ll give a toysrus gift card for around 20 bucks for the halo2 or any halo 2 for that matter

The TRU I work at got a copy in when I wasn't working in the video game department. I picked it up, and I don't even own an X-Box!

Checking at 3 TRUS tomorrow, will grab some extras if I can find any. Will let all the cagers know if I can hook anyone up.

If anyone is in that area, the Altoona, PA TRU has one copy, as of earlier this evening. I'd get it, but it's too much of a drive just for one thing.

bread's done
Back