HALO 2 Team Slayer Tournament!!!!! $400 Grand Prize Austin, TX DATE CHANGE

actionbrothers

CAG Veteran
Hey all,

We just opened a store not to long ago.

Action Brothers
Legends & LANS

We have 4 X-Boxes all linked and big screen TV's with PS2's and CPU's of course.

We are having a HALO 2 Team Slayer Tournament March 4th, on a Friday at 7:30pm. It's $30 a team. The more teams the more the grand prize will rise.

We are located at:
6700 Middle Fiskville ste 403
Austin, TX 78752
Our number is: 512-323-6933

PEACE OUT!!!!!

Andrew
Nothing like a shotgun smack to the back of the head...

Someone's sig has a 1000 grand prize with a free entry... not to crap your thread or anything. Good luck.

Dooood, looking on your website, you guys got Hallmark Ornaments?!? Dood, I am soooo there.

actually it turns out its not going to be free anymore, but it'll be cheap i reckon. I'm just plugging it for them. We've got something like 250+ people signed up, and it happens to be that same weekend.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']actually it turns out its not going to be free anymore, but it'll be cheap i reckon. I'm just plugging it for them. We've got something like 250+ people signed up, and it happens to be that same weekend.[/quote]

Looks like the OP will get owned if they do not move the date. Good luck Kart if you are entering. Remember being cheap has its advantages in Halo 2 as well as in buying games.

Nah, I dont even own an xbox.

TGA is handy at drawing crowds though, if you want to do some advertising for your new place I can talk to them.

I don't own one either!!!! I sold my X-Box and PS2 a year ago. I'm not addicted, I'm not additcedd, I'm not adtcitd....

Maybe a future coop is in order. Have a vs. or something. Sounds interesting.......

Andrew

i would love to be in a halo 2 tournament. me and my friend play on trainin and we always come out on top.

Awesome, I just saw your store yesterday when I was going to the Outback Steakhouse across the parking lot. Anyways, I'm very confused about this tournament, because the flyer and the guy working there gave two very different descriptions. First, how big a team do we bring? (Four people?), is it 30 dollars for each person or the entire team? The person working there told me 8$ per person, is that right? While the flyer advertised a huge tournament, the man working there told me there was usually about 4-5 people that just paired up when they got there...so how big is the tourney?
Also, how many teams usually sign up?

You should post Tournament details at your website.

I guess thats all, but I'll post more question as they come...

Great store by the way, how long has it been around?

It sounds like he was trying to break it down if you were to come in with a team of 4. It's $30 per team, which is on the flyer. The flyer is correct. It's up to the contenders on how many you want on a team. It is 4 people maximum.

The tournaments we had before were small ones. This is our 1st major tournament.

Yeah, we will be updating the website very soon. Hopefully today. Thank you for letting us know. My brother had a brain fart and forgot when he last updated.

We have been opened since October but only in January did we start getting everything up and fully running. Stupid software bugs hindered our progress. But it's all good now!

If you need help in forming a team just let us know. We are giving one free hour of team play for all participating, paying teams. So if you form a team you are not familiar with this is a good way to practice.

Hope to see you and others!

Andrew Moreno
1/2 of the Action Brothers!!!

Kool, I'm definantly going to be coming with a team of four (If I don't get grounded for my grades :( ).

Some of the questions my other teamates had were about the competition, such as, how fierce are you expecting it to be and how many teams will there be. Also generally everyone I asked instantly wanted to know about the basic tournament rules... such as how many losses you get, how many rounds, prizes to second and third?

I might tell some more friends at my school about it to help spread the word ;), so you should bake me a cookie or something.

I'll be on the lookout for those updates on your site.

That's cool with the questions. I have the rules, sign up sheet and fees explaination at the store. It's double elimination, best 2 out of 3 per match. Just let them know we are having "Buy one hour, get one hour free" and they may be more likely to stop by so we can sign up more teams and so I can explain the rules and the such.

Is it me or are shotguns cool? :p

:lol: Andrew

For a second I thought your title read $400 grand prize as in $400,000 prize. Anyways goodluck on your tourney.

You're phone number 323-6933, doesn't work. Just rings and rings, and won't stop. How many teams have signed up so far? I'm still trying to convince my friends to come, but I have so far and I think the fourth person will give in soon.

bread's done
Back