Halo 3 07/07/07?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Bungie has a Halo 3 screensaver for download. If you go to the website to download the screen saver (http://www.haloscreensaver.com/) on the top right corner there's a counter, put your mouse cursor over it and it says Halo 3 07/07/07.

http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?link=HaloScreenSaver

Doesnt the number 777 represent something Godly? Like 666 represents hell, it makes since if it does. 777 Halo :shock:[/QUOTE]
Yeah. 6 represents imperfection; 7 represents perfection (7 days to create Earth).

666 is the "Mark of the Beast", and 777 is the "Mark of the Lamb", or something like that.

If true, releasing mid-summer would mean that they have something else big that they think can get them money during holiday 2007?

Not gonna happen. MS isn't gonna release the make-or-break game for the 360 three days after Independence Day. Summertime is videogame wasteland for a good reason, people want to spend the summer outdoors, golfing, fishing, etc. Plus, MS wants Halo 3 to compete with the PS3's big guns, and it's hard to believe that the PS3 would have a big time, system selling game coming out for it 8-9 months after it's release.

Let the Halo 3 speculation begin! I still remember some of those morons who insisted Halo 2 was gonna have a surprise release on November 15th, 2003, with no advertising buildup or pre-order hysteria at all.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Not gonna happen. MS isn't gonna release the make-or-break game for the 360 three days after Independence Day. Summertime is videogame wasteland for a good reason, people want to spend the summer outdoors, golfing, fishing, etc. Plus, MS wants Halo 3 to compete with the PS3's big guns, and it's hard to believe that the PS3 would have a big time, system selling game coming out for it 8-9 months after it's release.

Let the Halo 3 speculation begin! I still remember some of those morons who insisted Halo 2 was gonna have a surprise release on November 15th, 2003, with no advertising buildup or pre-order hysteria at all.[/quote]

They've got a movie to tie-in with Halo 3 though. Releasing this alongside the Halo movie would mean lots of cash.

Plus, this would give them a 3 month period of time before GTAIV hits in October of 2007. They would have to be confident in 1 or 2 holiday exclusives though.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Summertime is videogame wasteland for a good reason[/QUOTE]

Funny, it feels like summer to me, and Madden just came out last week.

Like it does every fucking summer.

Yes, Madden always comes out in August. Name how many good came out between May-July. For any system. Only one I can think of that was unquestionablly a seller was NewSMB.

That's precisely the point. You can't argue that no good games come out in the summer, and thus Halo won't, when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Do more games, or more "blockbuster" games, come out towards Christmas? You bet yer sweet ass they do. Does that logically follow that it can't or won't come out in July? Not in the slightest.

[quote name='shipwreck']They've got a movie to tie-in with Halo 3 though. Releasing this alongside the Halo movie would mean lots of cash.
[/QUOTE]
Halo movie is coming summer of 2008... I hope it won't be a tie in or we will be waiting another 2 years from now for Halo 3.

[quote name='spoo']Halo movie is coming summer of 2008... I hope it won't be a tie in or we will be waiting another 2 years from now for Halo 3.[/quote]
I wouldnt be surprised...^^^ who knows bungie always has something up ther sleeves

I was under the impression that there most likely would be a 4th Halo released with the movie. Or, a massive download expansion for it. But I really do not think Halo 3 is meant to tie in with the movie.

naw bungie said this is the end of the halo story. so they may make another universe(ugghhh) inside halo but the story arc ends with 3

[quote name='BungieFrankie']Fake. Sorry fellas.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up...Maybe you can help us out with this one:

Why do hot dog buns come in packages of 8 when hot dogs come in packages of 10?

[quote name='mykevermin']Funny, it feels like summer to me, and Madden just came out last week.

Like it does every fucking summer.[/quote]
Maybe because most sports games are release a little less than a month before their respective sports season begins, and the NFL season always starts in early September?

not that the numbers really have any signifigance, but like it really is

07/07/2007

people ran this same crap for that omen movie.

2007 IS NOT 0007 PEOPLES

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Maybe because most sports games are release a little less than a month before their respective sports season begins, and the NFL season always starts in early September?[/QUOTE]

That's not what I was arguing.

In addition, it doesn't make you any less wrong in saying "Summertime is videogame wasteland for a good reason." And it certainly doesn't negate the possibility of it being a summer release, whether it's next year or 2008.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome, thanks for clearing that up...Maybe you can help us out with this one:

Why do hot dog buns come in packages of 8 when hot dogs come in packages of 10?[/quote]

Simple. Whoever grabbed an empty hot dog bun and ate it? Communists, that's who. Whoever grabbed a spare dog and ate it sans bun? Heroes, that's who.

In short, it's because of communism.

I wouldn't be surprised. This was the first rumored release date I heard when H3 was announced. If you know anything about Bungie, they love their 7's.

No way. Holiday '07. Bank on it.

Bungie has often been associated with 777 (or just 7s in general). This reeks of fan-made rumor.

[quote name='jakescape53']Also 7/7/07 is a Saturday. Don't all game releases happen on tuesday?[/quote]

There have been a couple exceptions, of which I can't think of right now, but for a game as big as this, it would be possible

[quote name='BungieFrankie']Fake. Sorry fellas.[/QUOTE]
"Sorry"? This is a blessing -- wasn't the game rumored for an earlier release?

bread's done
Back