Halo 3 - $4.99 AR! - F.Y.E.

niftydrumdude

CAGiversary!
At FYE stores, YMMV but it seems like it would be a chain-wide promo.

Pay $29.99 for Halo 3 and receive a $25 mail-in rebate in return, making the game $4.99!

Lowest total price on Froogle is $33.98 - grab them while you can!!

Just heads up, plenty were left (at least 6-7 copies) at the Portage, MI location.

[quote name='sstcrush']plus 50% off $30 and lower games ;)[/QUOTE]
is that ymmv? you may have just countered my deal with another sweet deal:D

[quote name='niftydrumdude']is that ymmv? you may have just countered my deal with another sweet deal:D[/QUOTE]

got it from another thread, credit goes to OP (idk who), but its 50% off $30 < 360 games, so amazing flippp

[quote name='niftydrumdude']At FYE stores, YMMV but it seems like it would be a chain-wide promo.

Pay $29.99 for Halo 3 and receive a $25 mail-in rebate in return, making the game $4.99!

Lowest total price on Froogle is $33.98 - grab them while you can!!

Just heads up, plenty were left (at least 6-7 copies) at the Portage, MI location.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... confirmed the $25 MIR at my store, but the employee said the game is $40, not $30

[quote name='sstcrush']got it from another thread, credit goes to OP (idk who), but its 50% off $30 < 360 games, so amazing flippp[/QUOTE]

yea i found out about it i only have seen it at the 3 located i found in the thread dunno if its national im hoping for good things when i go tomorrow

Coming from someone who has worked at FYE for 4 years THIS IS NOT A COMAPNY WIDE DEAL.
My store doesnt sell games, We sold them all off at %50 about 2 years ago because we have a gamestop right next door. the other 4 stores in mt district also DO NOT have this sale going on. Im in South florida and my district goes 5 counties wide so....

Trust me when I say There is ALWAYS fine print in every sale from FYE. Thats why those of us that work there figured out the cycle and hide things we want.

We get crap..... Crap stays on shelves for months, crap drops, and drops in price..
Pretty soon, I have a $50 remote controll helicopter for $3.99 and hummer for $3.97 and a crap load of bayblades for $1 each lol.

I love Only employee known clearences.

[quote name='crypysmoker']Coming from someone who has worked at FYE for 4 years THIS IS NOT A COMAPNY WIDE DEAL.
My store doesnt sell games, We sold them all off at %50 about 2 years ago because we have a gamestop right next door. the other 4 stores in mt district also DO NOT have this sale going on. Im in South florida and my district goes 5 counties wide so....

Trust me when I say There is ALWAYS fine print in every sale from FYE. Thats why those of us that work there figured out the cycle and hide things we want.

We get crap..... Crap stays on shelves for months, crap drops, and drops in price..
Pretty soon, I have a $50 remote controll helicopter for $3.99 and hummer for $3.97 and a crap load of bayblades for $1 each lol.

I love Only employee known clearences.[/QUOTE]

i personally already own halo 3, and i didn't even pick one up because i don't trust whoever FYE hires to file rebates to get my $25 back to me so i passed.
however, if i hadn't owned it, i definitely would have gambled, bc 30 bucks isn't bad for a new halo 3 anyway...but i see where you're coming from.

[quote name='niftydrumdude']i personally already own halo 3, and i didn't even pick one up because i don't trust whoever FYE hires to file rebates to get my $25 back to me so i passed.
however, if i hadn't owned it, i definitely would have gambled, bc 30 bucks isn't bad for a new halo 3 anyway...but i see where you're coming from.[/QUOTE]

I posted this in another thread but I was really surprised how well FYE handled my mail in rebate. A friend and I both picked up a second 360 awhile back when FYE had the $100 MIR. I thought it was going to take months to get the $100 back but they were actually very prompt and I received it in a very timely manner.

FYE Rebates work fine. I did over three from them and got my money back. If I had a FYE near me that actually carried Halo 3 I would be all over this for a second copy to flip or have for my wifes xbox.

[quote name='averageguy']I just tried this and it didn't work it rang up as 29.99 they told me I could have the 50% off or the Mir for 25.00[/QUOTE]
I thought the MIRs printed out automatically? Did they withhold the printed MIR from the register, or did they actually have forms they would give you should you opt for the MIR?

Just came back from my FYE and could not do Halo 3 for 50% off. Apparently, Halo 3 MIR excludes it from the 50% off. The 29.99 and under games seem to ring up at half price, but Halo 3 rings up as 29.99.

FYE manager here again.

Its confirmed, Its real.. BUT..
You cannot mix Rebate with 50% off. Its a system setup, nothing we are allowed to change.

Also, rebates if they are real will print out with yoru receipt... if there is no rebate printed then there is no rebate in the system.

I picked one up today.
When I asked if it was eligible for the 50% as well, the employee said it was only on 360 games regularly priced $29.99 or less and that Halo 3 was normally 39.99 and was on sale for $29.99. Made sense to me, and I'm happy with $5 after MIR.

In for one. Was marked as $49 but when i brought to the counter it was $29 so $5 after rebate is pretty sweet.

Also, they had the Rock Revolution equipment set for free after rebate- if anyone interested. Even for free, I'm not grabbing it. I'm waiting for the "we'll give you $5 to take this" offer.

Got Halo and the rebate printed out at the register.

The sign says "All games regularly priced at $29.99 or below - 50% off".
I asked and they said used games aren't eligible, but they didn't know about the Halo 3 rebate either...

Does anyone know if used games are subject to 50% off?

so what are the rules for the rebate? Do you have to cut out the UPC of Halo 3 from the the insert on the outside of the case?

[quote name='rerun']In for one. Was marked as $49 but when i brought to the counter it was $29 so $5 after rebate is pretty sweet.

Also, they had the Rock Revolution equipment set for free after rebate- if anyone interested. Even for free, I'm not grabbing it. I'm waiting for the "we'll give you $5 to take this" offer.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up, andd halo3 and viva pinata : tip, came out to $20 + Tax :)

[quote name='nypickle']so what are the rules for the rebate? Do you have to cut out the UPC of Halo 3 from the the insert on the outside of the case?[/QUOTE]

As I posted in the other thread:

No, you do not have to cut the UPCs off for FYE MIRs. Simply use the FYE price sticker (w/ the barcode) and send that in for each game / system instead of the actual UPC. I did this a few months ago for the DS game rebates, got the full rebate for all four game stickers I submitted. If a game doesn't have an FYE sticker, you can simply ask the cashier to print one out - had to do this as well, it's very easy.

Grr, my closest store only had used copies of Halo 3. Might run downtown tomorrow to that location-- when I was there earlier this week, they had several of them behind the counter.

[quote name='Hocus Cadabra']Got Halo and the rebate printed out at the register.

The sign says "All games regularly priced at $29.99 or below - 50% off".
I asked and they said used games aren't eligible, but they didn't know about the Halo 3 rebate either...

Does anyone know if used games are subject to 50% off?[/QUOTE]

Wait so you have to ask about the Halo 3 rebate? I went earlier and asked and they said theres no rebate because it's used and they had no new copies.

[quote name='WestLB']Wait so you have to ask about the Halo 3 rebate? I went earlier and asked and they said theres no rebate because it's used and they had no new copies.[/QUOTE]

The rebate is only for new copies.

~HotShotX

Okay, I'm confused. I picked up a copy of Halo 3 that had a $39.99 price tag and a red-bordered "on sale" tag for $29.99. It rang up for $19.99.

The cashier said it was still eligible for the rebate & told me it would print out on the receipt, but when I got home & checked, I didn't see it. An extra "rebate receipt" did print, but no rebate form.

[quote name='derspiess']Okay, I'm confused. I picked up a copy of Halo 3 that had a $39.99 price tag and a red-bordered "on sale" tag for $29.99. It rang up for $19.99.

The cashier said it was still eligible for the rebate & told me it would print out on the receipt, but when I got home & checked, I didn't see it. An extra "rebate receipt" did print, but no rebate form.[/QUOTE]

There is no form, the rebate receipt is your rebate. Follow the instructions and print copies for your records in case anything screws up.

As for price, the games in FYE we're plastered with so many stickers on the new game seal that quite honestly, it's a russian roulette on price. Mine rang up $29.99 + $25 rebate, so I was happy.

~HotShotX

There was another copy that said $39.99 but it said used, that was the first one I saw but then saw the $29.99 and thought it was it. Gotta call other stores.

I just called the local store, still have some in stock but I can't go today.

Hope this is lasting more then the weekend......

There's only one FYE within 100 miles that carries significant videogames, and they didn't have anything good last night.

Unfortunately, they had a BIG $5 sign right in front of the Halo boxes, so it was advertised too well. :(

The weird thing about this sale is that they have Halo 3 Limited Editions new $39.99 with no discount, Halo 3 LE used $29.99 and normal Halo 3 used $29.99 (who would pick up the standard edition when the LE is the same price?)
I've been waiting for Halo 3 to go $20 and would have been happy to pick up a used copy for half off (but the other 50% off deal is only for new games) or the new LE for 50% off or $25 off.

So their sale will just lead to big holes in their inventory, without moving the other versions of the game whatsoever.

Just a warning to my fellow CAG's to be prepared to fight for your rebate money from the fulfillment company, since it took FOREVER for them to straighten out a $30 rebate for a slim PStwo a year or two ago.

They kept quoting me that it'd be a $3 rebate for a CD and I eventually had to be reimbursed the rebate at store level for the $30.

[quote name='HotShotX']There is no form, the rebate receipt is your rebate. Follow the instructions and print copies for your records in case anything screws up.[/QUOTE]

That's the weird thing-- there are no instructions. One of the receipts says "Rebate Receipt", but doesn't mention anything about the rebate anywhere else on the receipt.

I'll stop by the store on my lunch tomorrow to clear it up.

[quote name='derspiess']That's the weird thing-- there are no instructions. One of the receipts says "Rebate Receipt", but doesn't mention anything about the rebate anywhere else on the receipt.

I'll stop by the store on my lunch tomorrow to clear it up.[/QUOTE]

Weird, mine says "P5 Video game Rebate" and has a shitload of detailed instructions.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']Weird, mine says "P5 Video game Rebate" and has a shitload of detailed instructions.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

That's the rebate form you're talking about -- it prints out from the same device that prints the receipts. You probably also got two copies of your purchase receipt, one of which you'll send in (along w/ the UPC label from the wrapper) to get your rebate. Sounds like derspiess got only the purchase receipts, not the rebate form.

Why does this thread have a one star rating? Seems like an awesome deal if you don't mind waiting for a rebate check.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I might have missed it, but I didn't see an end date on this deal. When does this end?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know as well. I have a FYE within reasonable walking distance of my work, so I might go over there at lunch and see if they have any, provided this deal is still active.

Thanks, OP. Went in the mall FYE and picked up a sealed copy (they had plenty). Took this pic so poeple know that this isn't some secret, unadvertised deal.

photo06011112.jpg

[quote name='sgand']Thanks, OP. Went in the mall FYE and picked up a sealed copy (they had plenty). Took this pic so poeple know that this isn't some secret, unadvertised deal.[/QUOTE]Yeah, my FYE had that blatant ad right on top of the Halo 3 section, so they were out on Saturday.

[idle ponder] Who wouldn't pick up Halo 3 for $5 if it was advertised that openly? [/ponder]

It's too bad that there's a rebate, so it's hard for people to pick up copies for other CAGers even if they wanted to.

my local store said they had in stock but said it was $39.99, im going there after work to sheck it out in person

bread's done
Back