Halo 3- $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated this game and odst. For me to like halo there a lot of changes to be made.

.the ai : man the ai is horrible, I bet you all Lmao'd as much as I did when they drove you around in that jeep. Oh and they don't fight at all besides arbiter
.get rid of cheesy enemies, I cringe when the brutes go " ouch ouch ouch when they get shot or when the grunts with that squeaky voice say " there he is get him " LAME !
.put iorn sights on the weapons, I don't like gaming from the hip in a fps game. They should have made the L trigger for comming in with your weapon insteed fro throwing grenades
.better weapons: why is the pistol ( halo 1 ) more powerfull then the battle rifle ? The rifle and the other weapons are weak and boring ( a game like this should have cool guns like resistance )
.make me care about master chief: who is he exactly ? A generic super solder with no face and personality and his name is john. Wow, that's real deep there
.graphics: take away the excessive bloom and colors ( especially halo 3 ) and the graphics are really bad. hopefully, 343 studios makes a new engine for halo 4 ( which I doubt )
.sprinting: I'm a super solder but move as slow as a sloth, what gives ?
.sound: the sound for the guns and explosions need improvement as they dont sound convincing. They sound "soft" to me

I really want to like this franchise but at this point its overrated ( not as overrated as cod though )

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Off topic - anyone know how to check your reward point total?[/QUOTE]

Power up rewards.com, log in and in the upper right corner your point total will show

So let me get this straight. You spend 1000 Points to save $3. The game is $9 you save a dollar if you have the PUR Card and you spend 1000 Points to save $3 and in return you might get around 80 Points in return. Seems like a fair deal. Nice find OP. But seriously. Who in there right mind would do this. Not me. Lol.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hated this game and odst. For me to like halo there a lot of changes to be made.

.the ai : man the ai is horrible, I bet you all Lmao'd as much as I did when they drove you around in that jeep. Oh and they don't fight at all besides arbiter
.get rid of cheesy enemies, I cringe when the brutes go " ouch ouch ouch when they get shot or when the grunts with that squeaky voice say " there he is get him " LAME !
.put iorn sights on the weapons, I don't like gaming from the hip in a fps game. They should have made the L trigger for comming in with your weapon insteed fro throwing grenades
.better weapons: why is the pistol ( halo 1 ) more powerfull then the battle rifle ? The rifle and the other weapons are weak and boring ( a game like this should have cool guns like resistance )
.make me care about master chief: who is he exactly ? A generic super solder with no face and personality and his name is john. Wow, that's real deep there
.graphics: take away the excessive bloom and colors ( especially halo 3 ) and the graphics are really bad. hopefully, 343 studios makes a new engine for halo 4 ( which I doubt )
.sound: the sound for the guns and explosions need improvement as they dont sound convincing. They sound "soft" to me

I really want to like this franchise but at this point its overrated ( not as overrated as cod though )[/QUOTE]

Then play reach or one of the other array of FPS shooters. Halo 3 is a fantastic game and hardcore or at least people who know the core roots of a FPS know that. For the most part the game keeps it simple, something which seems to be a chore for developers to do and that is why the game was successful.

And the fact that you would 'dislike' a game because of the AI's dialog is ridiculous.

:lol:[quote name='H3m1 R4m']So let me get this straight. You spend 1000 Points to save $3. The game is $9 you save a dollar if you have the PUR Card and you spend 1000 Points to save $3 and in return you might get around 80 Points in return. Seems like a fair deal. Nice find OP. But seriously. Who in there right mind would do this. Not me. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Power to the players indeed

[quote name='strait edge follower']I hated this game and odst. For me to like halo there a lot of changes to be made.

I really want to like this franchise but at this point its overrated ( not as overrated as cod though )[/QUOTE]

it's not overrated, you're just bad at the game (and consequently can't appreciate h3 being the "last" competitive halo). Reach sounds like more your bag but then you'll continue to whine about how underpowered the weapons are because it takes YOU forever to kill something.

And newsflash, the BR is beloved by the mlg community specifically BECAUSE of its firing characteristics.

lmao, make it more like every shooter on the market by addint aim down the sights hahaha. It takes more skill--that's why you don't like it

[quote name='Parkerktm']Then play reach or one of the other array of FPS shooters. Halo 3 is a fantastic game and hardcore or at least people who know the core roots of a FPS know that. For the most part the game keeps it simple, something which seems to be a chore for developers to do and that is why the game was successful.

And the fact that you would 'dislike' a game because of the AI's dialog is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about the dialog, I was talking about the way they drive you around ( mission 2 halo 3 ) they were bumping into walls and making turns all over the place. Plus they made me do all the work ( I hate it when a game gives you teammates that don't do nothing like vanquish ) ill say this though, bungie can make a heck of a great musical score that's for sure ! I'm really interested to see what 343 does with halo. Will they take risks and make some good changes ? I hope so

You know, I had absolutely no idea that people here didn't like Gamestop! Maybe you guys should start posting your incredibly unhelpful and tremendously obnoxious anti-Gamestop whining in every fucking Gamestop-related thread on CAG. You know, really drive it home that you don't like something and therefore nobody else should like it either.

[quote name='Viper51989']it's not overrated, you're just bad at the game (and consequently can't appreciate h3 being the "last" competitive halo). Reach sounds like more your bag but then you'll continue to whine about how underpowered the weapons are because it takes YOU forever to kill something.

And newsflash, the BR is beloved by the mlg community specifically BECAUSE of its firing characteristics.

lmao, make it more like every shooter on the market by addint aim down the sights hahaha. It takes more skill--that's why you don't like it[/QUOTE]

No, he's right, you just like overrated, generic shooters. And fanboys getting all offended that someone dare disagree with you is another big reason why a lot of people hate Halo. There's no reason to flame the guy just because he doesn't love your shitty favorite game.

Jesus Christ, this post....

@ Straight Edge Follower.

Are you a PS3 Fan Boy. Lol. No offense I have both systems. I like both consoles equally so I am not really one to choose sides in the console war. But I do like the Halo Series, I had alot of fun with it, and I know what you mean about the AI. Of course I think that can be said with almost all games including new ones like LA Noire. COD is very overated and has been milked long enough in my opinion but you know people out there still love it and will buy it. COD used to be a good game until the community ruined it with Prestige Lobbies and other Hacks/Mods. Back to Halo 3. You mentioned Weapons and another guy mentioned Halo Reach. I was part of the New Dashboard Update Program and got a free copy of Halo Reach but for some reason when I fired a shoot I heard a Cricket Chirp and when I threw a grenade I heard a Frog Ribbit. Lol. I only saw this a few times in Private Games. But yeah Power To The Players indeed. Lol.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I wasn't talking about the dialog, I was talking about the way they drive you around ( mission 2 halo 3 ) they were bumping into walls and making turns all over the place. Plus they made me do all the work ( I hate it when a game gives you teammates that don't do nothing like vanquish ) ill say this though, bungie can make a heck of a great musical score that's for sure ! I'm really interested to see what 343 does with halo. Will they take risks and make some good changes ? I hope so[/QUOTE]

Ever consider the game was designed to give you useless AI for a team? The whole character is meant to be an over whelming power house and humanity's best chance.... The character was designed to be fighting as a one man army...

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']So let me get this straight. You spend 1000 Points to save $3. The game is $9 you save a dollar if you have the PUR Card and you spend 1000 Points to save $3 and in return you might get around 80 Points in return. Seems like a fair deal. Nice find OP. But seriously. Who in there right mind would do this. Not me. Lol.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm sayin, should just be the 1000pts and that's all.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']@ Straight Edge Follower.

Are you a PS3 Fan Boy. Lol. No offense I have both systems. I like both consoles equally so I am not really one to choose sides in the console war. But I do like the Halo Series, I had alot of fun with it, and I know what you mean about the AI. Of course I think that can be said with almost all games including new ones like LA Noire. COD is very overated and has been milked long enough in my opinion but you know people out there still love it and will buy it. COD used to be a good game until the community ruined it with Prestige Lobbies and other Hacks/Mods. Back to Halo 3. You mentioned Weapons and another guy mentioned Halo Reach. I was part of the New Dashboard Update Program and got a free copy of Halo Reach but for some reason when I fired a shoot I heard a Cricket Chirp and when I threw a grenade I heard a Frog Ribbit. Lol. I only saw this a few times in Private Games. But yeah Power To The Players indeed. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Na I'm no fanboy as I own and love both hd systems ( fanboys need to be shipped to gilligans island ) and lol those sounds are epic ! As for the game I'm glad you like it. These things are subjective basically. I'm willing to give halo 4 a chance if some changes are made. ( man some of the halo fanboy here wanna rip my head off lol )

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']I agree. It's obvious that Halo is no good.

Should be more like Call of Duty.[/QUOTE]

I like to borrow the call of duty games when they come out and zip through the campaign but I'm not a fan of the online. I like killzone online ( part 2 to be exact ) no auto aim, no twitch shooting and the heavy controls really grew on me. Made it more realistic. I also like the fact you can use first person cover ( something all fps should have imo )

[quote name='Viper51989']it's not overrated, you're just bad at the game (and consequently can't appreciate h3 being the "last" competitive halo). Reach sounds like more your bag but then you'll continue to whine about how underpowered the weapons are because it takes YOU forever to kill something.

lmao, make it more like every shooter on the market by addint aim down the sights hahaha. It takes more skill--that's why you don't like it[/QUOTE]

is that elitist additute really necessary ? You honestly think I don't like it cause I'm not good at it ? Lol what kind of garbage is that. I don't like it cause it was boring to me and some of the gameplay elements imo need changing. These things are very subjective and not everyone is going to like the same game. I guess one of the only things in life hardcore halo fanboys like you have to cling on to are that you are a " master at halo " I bow down in your presence sire :applause:

[quote name='Danxx777']Ever consider the game was designed to give you useless AI for a team? The whole character is meant to be an over whelming power house and humanity's best chance.... The character was designed to be fighting as a one man army...[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying but if that was the case then why give him benny hill like teammates and put in arbiter who if you let him, he basicly destroys every enemy himself while you just stand there ? You might as well have let chief go into every mission alone then

Not really a good deal unless you're 1) a PUR member, and 2) don't already own Halo 3.
I'm out on both counts lol. Thanks anyway though. Now it would really be something if they were offering Reach like that.

[quote name='IronZombie']Not really a good deal unless you're 1) a PUR member, and 2) don't already own Halo 3.
I'm out on both counts lol. Thanks anyway though. Now it would really be something if they were offering Reach like that.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'm Sure during the summer kmart or someone else will have a good deal for reach. Plenty of people have been offering it for trade on craigslist ( as least around my area ) why don't you try trading for it ? I've done that a few times and it saved me and my trading partner money in the process its a win win

[quote name='Survivalism']No, he's right, you just like overrated, generic shooters. And fanboys getting all offended that someone dare disagree with you is another big reason why a lot of people hate Halo. There's no reason to flame the guy just because he doesn't love your shitty favorite game.[/QUOTE]

I play lots of shooters. For online multi on console halo is the best. And lets not bring the PC elitism into this..most are nerdy scrubs anyway. I like competition in my shooters and play for the best scoreline, most of the whiners are noobs that couldn't keep up. I'd love to see many of you guys that claim to like the opposite of "overrated, generic" shooters in their game of choice putting on a show (what would that be on the 360 I ask?)

And I'm not talking "thinking" shooters. Portal doesn't count, so what do you have, crysis? Terrible game. All these shooters do is copy and paste COD's multi but do it without the 60fps or fluidity that makes COD worth playing for serious players (I'm not talking the mass of casuals--once again, I play for my kd ratio, not for the gimmicks)

[quote name='Viper51989']I play lots of shooters. For online multi on console halo is the best. And lets not bring the PC elitism into this..most are nerdy scrubs anyway. I like competition in my shooters and play for the best scoreline, most of the whiners are noobs that couldn't keep up. I'd love to see many of you guys that claim to like the opposite of "overrated, generic" shooters in their game of choice putting on a show (what would that be on the 360 I ask?)

And I'm not talking "thinking" shooters. Portal doesn't count, so what do you have, crysis? Terrible game. All these shooters do is copy and paste COD's multi but do it without the 60fps or fluidity that makes COD worth playing for serious players (I'm not talking the mass of casuals--once again, I play for my kd ratio, not for the gimmicks)[/QUOTE]

You complain about elitist nerds yet you have an elitist I'm better than you attitude, pot meet kettle. You are so passionate about you precious kd ratio. I sence a case of e penis here. As far as gimmicks go, I consider the kd ratio a " gimmick " to keep you hooked on a game. No one cares how good you claim to be, we play games for fun. you apparently play since you need to be proud of yourself for something and this is it in your case

[quote name='strait edge follower']Don't worry, I'm Sure during the summer kmart or someone else will have a good deal for reach. Plenty of people have been offering it for trade on craigslist ( as least around my area ) why don't you try trading for it ? I've done that a few times and it saved me and my trading partner money in the process its a win win[/QUOTE]

Haven't really gotten into trading so much but I may look into that sort of thing somewhere down the road. I'm not in any big hurry to get Reach it's not exactly at the top of my gaming list right now but I do realize it's going lower and lower in price. I would've definitely jumped on Reach if I found a new copy for 15$ at BBV but no luck there. I'll just wait it out.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You should add "with 1000 PUR points" to the title[/QUOTE]

^This ... makes it lame. 1000 isn't a lot of points, but it's still lame imo.

[quote name='Parkerktm']Halo 3 is a fantastic game and hardcore or at least people who know the core roots of a FPS know that.
[/QUOTE]

There is nothing hardcore bout Halo 3
:lol:

[quote name='Viper51989']And newsflash, the BR is beloved by the mlg community specifically BECAUSE of its firing characteristics.[/QUOTE]

an opinion coming from a bunch of fuckwits and elitist douchebags?

[quote name='cRodz']
an opinion coming from a bunch of fuckwits and elitist douchebags?[/QUOTE]

What did MLG ever do to you? They're nothing short of amazing and what the faces of gaming should be.

[quote name='Danxx777']Ever consider the game was designed to give you useless AI for a team? The whole character is meant to be an over whelming power house and humanity's best chance.... The character was designed to be fighting as a one man army...[/QUOTE]
Truth in this post. In fact, the Legendary team AI is made smarter to give you a tiny little boost in your impossible journey :lol:

[quote name='strait edge follower']( I hate it when a game gives you teammates that don't do nothing like vanquish )[/QUOTE]

You're complaining that your teammates don't do nothing? Therefore they are helping out by doing something?

Worth the 1000 pur points though, knocks the game price down by half to 50%. Got mine for $4.86 today. You can also use your pur 10% discount on the game by the way.

Those not saying Halo is hardcore - The CoD (or at least the old ones) developers actually came out and said they thought Halo was more hardcore online and they were aiming to make CoD more accessible...so um yeah take that as you will.

hahahaha arguing whether cod or halo are hardcore, what a sorry sight.

cod is the most accessible noob friendly game ever created. Only noobs play cod.

Whereas Halo, I'm no fan of, but can at least can say the game is somewhat balanced and require teamwork and skill. keep in mind, I bought halo reach on launch and sold it off shortly after, I just find it boring.

[quote name='Newl']hahahaha arguing whether cod or halo are hardcore, what a sorry sight.

cod is the most accessible noob friendly game ever created. Only noobs play cod.

Whereas Halo, I'm no fan of, but can at least can say the game is somewhat balanced and require teamwork and skill. keep in mind, I bought halo reach on launch and sold it off shortly after, I just find it boring.[/QUOTE]

To those actually arguing seriously, yes it is a sad site. I play both and was just stated with the dev's themselves said.

Let The Game Aim For Me: The Game

:lol:
Both FPS suck

I did amazingly good on Reach Beta and it was my first time playing Halols
Call me when they take out aim-assist

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']@ Straight Edge Follower.

Are you a PS3 Fan Boy. Lol. No offense I have both systems. I like both consoles equally so I am not really one to choose sides in the console war. But I do like the Halo Series, I had alot of fun with it, and I know what you mean about the AI. Of course I think that can be said with almost all games including new ones like LA Noire. COD is very overated and has been milked long enough in my opinion but you know people out there still love it and will buy it. COD used to be a good game until the community ruined it with Prestige Lobbies and other Hacks/Mods. Back to Halo 3. You mentioned Weapons and another guy mentioned Halo Reach. I was part of the New Dashboard Update Program and got a free copy of Halo Reach but for some reason when I fired a shoot I heard a Cricket Chirp and when I threw a grenade I heard a Frog Ribbit. Lol. I only saw this a few times in Private Games. But yeah Power To The Players indeed. Lol.[/QUOTE]

I was in the beta as well. Honestly I've played Halo Reach maybe once or twice....

Damn I started this thread just to inform you guys if you wanted a copy of Halo 3 for $5 go to GS. I didn't mean to start some fanboy bullshit. Guys gotta calm it down alittle

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Damn I started this thread just to inform you guys if you wanted a copy of Halo 3 for $5 go to GS. I didn't mean to start some fanboy bullshit. Guys gotta calm it down alittle[/QUOTE]

I know right lol. It's amazing, all I stated is that I didn't like the game and that I would give halo another try if the series had some changes to it and the halo fanboys jumped on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back