Halo 3 and MP:Corruption showing up as $29.99 at target.com (extreme YMMV)

[quote name='Wario64']wtf, i've emailed 3 times and they won't budge. i guess it's too late for me. anyone want to copy and paste what you guys wrote for the comments/questions? i'll try one more time but they aren't friggin giving me the lower price[/quote]
Hi,

I just purchased Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for the Nintendo
Wii. I noticed that the price listed on the front page of the video
game section listed the price as $29.99
(http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=nav_t_spc_11_31/602-
7503810-1958251?ie=UTF8&node=1042122
). However, this price is not
included on the product listing page (it is $49.99 there). I was
hoping that I might be able to receive the lower of the two prices
on my order. If this is possible, I also included a 10% off coupon,
so I hope that will not be eliminated due to the lower pricing.

Please let me know if this will be possible.
You will have to reword it a bit since they've fixed the splash page.

I think you were just extremely, unlucky, and got to the wrong people three times.

But my e-mail was much more assertive. You should word it so it implies that you only bothered ordering because of the low price.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Yeah, along time ago. Luckily they haven't corrected the prices for me in my acccount.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, don't matter, i got it too.

I think I just screwed the whole thing up. I went in today and changed the shipping method just to see how much 2 days would cost and then changed it back but it changed both MP3 and Halo 3s estimate ship dates to October 8th. :(

I just called target on the phone and they said they can't change it back. However she thinks they might get enough of Metroid Prime in to be able to ship it with the rest of them on the first order despite the estimate. But basically I got moved to the back of the line even though I placed my order on August 12th.

So word of advice don't mess with the shipping methods. :( :(

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I think I just screwed the whole thing up. I went in today and changed the shipping method just to see how much 2 days would cost and then changed it back but it changed both MP3 and Halo 3s estimate ship dates to October 8th. :(

I just called target on the phone and they said they can't change it back. However she thinks they might get enough of Metroid Prime in to be able to ship it with the rest of them on the first order despite the estimate. But basically I got moved to the back of the line even though I placed my order on August 12th.

So word of advice don't mess with the shipping methods. :( :([/QUOTE]

I did that too a while back, and got an earlier shipping date

Well Metroid Prime 3 is the game I want more than any other game so if I don't get a shipping notice by Wednesday I'm just gonna cancel it and go buy it at full price. Halo 3 I really don't care when I receive it just as long as I eventually do.

[quote name='ananag112']So did anyone get Metroid Prime 3 yet?[/quote]

Not yet, though it has changed to:

"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed. Need infomation on returning an item?"

I put in an order for one of each during the time they had the misprint, and they were originally going to ship them separately at no additional cost to me.

I was telling my friend about the opportunity a few days later and he wanted to score a copy of Metroid 3 for 29.99 to play but by then they had fixed the error. Being the good friend I am, I called customer service to see if I could increase the qty since it hasn't shipped yet and they allowed it. Unfortunately, this also caused them to combine the shipments, so all the games would be sent out in late Sep. , Halo 3's date. That's what I get for helping a friend right? :cry:

Well I just got an email today, that they split the shipment at no additional cost , so I will be receiving Metroid 3 in the next few days!! :applause:

Sorry to sound like a parrot, but did anyone get Metroid Prime 3 yet?

Also, will that preorder action figure be included with the Halo 3 preorder?

I just got my Metroid Prime today. Shipped UPS Mail Innovations, tracking hadn't even been available on the website as of last night.

[quote name='botticus']I just got my Metroid Prime today. Shipped UPS Mail Innovations, tracking hadn't even been available on the website as of last night.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Glad to see that this went through. Have fun with Metroid.

Mine also came today!

Well, it arrived at my house, and I'm here at my apartment! Probably won't be getting to play it until Tuesday.

PLZ help.

I printed a paper showing metroid prime 3 was $29.99 at target.

I know it changed back.
Did anyone save a file with it showing $29.99 at the main page.

Can some email or PM me with it PLZ. I wanna try to get a price match at that price.

Thanks.

[quote name='muzras']PLZ help.

I printed a paper showing metroid prime 3 was $29.99 at target.

I know it changed back.
Did anyone save a file with it showing $29.99 at the main page.

Can some email or PM me with it PLZ. I wanna try to get a price match at that price.

Thanks.[/quote]

I think you'd be a couple weeks late to begin with, and I don't think any store would've pricematched a printout in the first place.

I had a couple screencaps but I don't think they are on this computer. I will look and post them if I have them.

Same here. :D Who needs waiting in line and paying heavy for special editions they won't give a shit about in a month when you could get the game for $30 and just relax and let it come to you? :)

ananag, how exactly did you get the LE copies? I thought the print was for the regular edition?

I actually want just the regular edition, and assume that's what I ordered, but I didn't know the LE was even available for this "misprint."

[quote name='Rig']ananag, how exactly did you get the LE copies? I thought the print was for the regular edition?

I actually want just the regular edition, and assume that's what I ordered, but I didn't know the LE was even available for this "misprint."[/QUOTE]

It wasn't. The regular was just out of stock when I ordered and I complained until they allowed me to get the LE version instead at the same price :). Though the regular edition came back in stock later, they allowed me to keep the LE version at that price.

"I thought the print was for the regular edition?"

What print? did you guys actually get either of these games for 29.99? How? Can I still do it? Sounds too good to be true.

[quote name='pittpizza']"I thought the print was for the regular edition?"

What print? did you guys actually get either of these games for 29.99? How? Can I still do it? Sounds too good to be true.[/quote]

It is long dead. Yes, people got both games for $29.99. It was a pricing error on Target's website.

Does anyone have screenshot or cache? I have $5 off $50 and I'll use the 10% discount as well. I want to order 2 Halo 3 standard editions and use your advice to get price adjustment.

[quote name='Rig']It is long dead. Yes, people got both games for $29.99. It was a pricing error on Target's website.[/quote]

So could anybody actually get that price? How? Can it still be done? What did you mean when you said it is long dead?

[quote name='pittpizza']So could anybody actually get that price? How? Can it still be done? What did you mean when you said it is long dead?[/quote]
Dead means doesn't exist anymore. I don't know how to break it down any more simple for you. This deal is dead. You can't get it anymore.

I got in on it, wouldn't of paid $59.99 for Halo 3. I would of waited for a $29.99 price point and walah, this happened.

So i guess it is dead because target caught on to its errore. Here is what I dont understand.

The ad is still there right? I am looking at the screen shot of it that was posted. What is to keep me from going about getting the deal the same way whoever took advantage of it did? Too much time has elapsed? If so when was the last time someone got it, and how did you go about getting it (phone, online, in store)?

It's DEAD. It no longer shows up on Target's site so you can't go "LOOK I HAVE A SCREENSHOT HONOR THE PRICE BITHCES!!". It's dead. Dead. DEAD.

DEAD

[quote name='pittpizza']So i guess it is dead because target caught on to its errore. Here is what I dont understand.

The ad is still there right? I am looking at the screen shot of it that was posted. What is to keep me from going about getting the deal the same way whoever took advantage of it did? Too much time has elapsed? If so when was the last time someone got it, and how did you go about getting it (phone, online, in store)?[/quote]
The ad is not still there. Go to the first page and click on the link it actually shows Halo 3 for $69.99! (surely for the LE) Target's website no longer shows anything that's $29.99 so why would they accept a screenshot from the past and honor a price from that? Think about it. Steeler fans, geez.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I edit few layout to match exact front page as before! I hope its not dead and I'm not gonna attempt this order for $30 each. I want to confirm this to work and I'll go ahead and order myself! ;D
[/quote]

Isn't fraud great? I hear stealing is hot too.

OP, if you could put "DEAD" in the title, that would be great.

incredipinoy, that is fraud. Your post has been sent to the mods.

Hate to be nitpicky, but that isnt actually fraud. If target is the one that designed that website, they did it.

While it may be an older web page, they still made it that way so it can't hurt to at least call or try, esp. if it saves you 60 bucks if you buy both games. .

[quote name='pittpizza']Hate to be nitpicky, but that isnt actually fraud. If target is the one that designed that website, they did it.

While it may be an older web page, they still made it that way so it can't hurt to at least call or try, esp. if it saves you 60 bucks if you buy both games. .[/quote]
No, it IS fraud because they fixed that long ago and the Halo 3 they showed was NOT the Limited Edition copy.

He admitted to editing the page. That is indeed fraud of high levels.

Good news everyone! Recently, my friend placed his order of Halo 3 then he emailed the customer service about the price difference. After ahwile, Target called him on the phone to apologize about the price error but they never looked at the screenshot, lol! They adjust the price to $29.99 and gave him back $30 credit. He even see his order status as Shipped and get it by 3-5 days. Unbelievable!!! If you want proof as today date then I'll tell him and post his screenshot on here. I swear this price error deals is not dead... trust me!

bread's done
Back