Halo 3 Beta Test Video

Yeah, it was. Woo, some walking and the shield. We've all seen that already. How about some actual fighting or something? Outside? Ah, I shouldn't complain though... the beta'll be out soon.

geez. im afraid of what this game is going to do to my life. the shield looks interesting, i hadnt seen it other than in the trailer

lol was definitely boring to watch, but definitely won't be to play...

why couldn't he shoot someone, or drive someone over with a hog or something xD

Shield looks interesting though...I bet people are going to come up with some "cheap" kill trick with it though...

yea, it wasnt as exciting as it could have been, but from the looks of it, the guy prob didnt know zanzibar from halo 2 all that well either.

[quote name='deathweasel']Yeah, it was. Woo, some walking and the shield. We've all seen that already. How about some actual fighting or something? Outside? Ah, I shouldn't complain though... the beta'll be out soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. Big 'effin whoop. Hopefully this isn't part of the beta which is quickly becoming one cruel joke. First, 3 weeks is a joke. Second, one of the three maps is a rehash from Halo 2? I don't give a rats ass about it. That's great that Zanzibar is back, but for the beta? I can pop in Halo 2 if I really want to play it.

The whole time I just wanted the guy to go outside... I wanted to see the outdoor environments. I saw some higher-res screenshots (not going to post them as I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not) from this Zanzibar remake and it looks pretty damn good.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm with you. Big 'effin whoop. Hopefully this isn't part of the beta which is quickly becoming one cruel joke. First, 3 weeks is a joke. Second, one of the three maps is a rehash from Halo 2? I don't give a rats ass about it. That's great that Zanzibar is back, but for the beta? I can pop in Halo 2 if I really want to play it.[/quote]

Zanzibar isn't one of the beta maps. 3 weeks is a decent amount of time

[quote name='massermind19']Is that the twisted nerve song from Kill Bill Vol. 1 redone? Does anyone know what it is called?[/quote]

It was a remake of Twisted Nerve by Bernard Herrman... I thought it was pretty cool.

[quote name='captmurphy']The whole time I just wanted the guy to go outside... I wanted to see the outdoor environments. I saw some higher-res screenshots (not going to post them as I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not) from this Zanzibar remake and it looks pretty damn good.[/quote]He did go outside. Are we watching different videos? He walks right by where the energy sword is and the right rear entrance (if you start at the beach).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']He did go outside. Are we watching different videos? He walks right by where the energy sword is and the right rear entrance (if you start at the beach).[/quote]

At that point all I had seen was the short version in the OP. I have since seen the 7 minute one and got to see a lot of the map. It's cool how there are a lot of new elements to the map but it is still intantly recognizable.

nice, they made walking faster. Halo 2 always felt kinda slow.

Damn how I wish I had my yr old college connection again and not satellite. Sure its fast for web browsing but I get a huge ping and no good on fps or HALO!>< sob

[quote name='anomynous']the guy who made this video got kicked off of the beta, and Live for it.

PWN3D!!!!!!!![/quote]

He's perma-banned from Xbox Live? or just banned from the beta?

[quote name='life.exe']He's perma-banned from Xbox Live? or just banned from the beta?[/QUOTE]
perma banned from Live, account was deleted too

One dissapointment: no big changes to the invisibility tower. I always felt that are from the seawall to the invisibility tower was promising, though the flow of the map made it a relatively unused section. Spicing it up would really add something to the map.

The way they reworked the dynamo building is fantastic.

yeah good thing he blacked out the names of Jimmyfargo, Garye, Elsweepador and all the other people in the game (lol what a tool)

supposedly this level isn't complete:

"The reasons you’re getting three maps is similar, but has as much to do with our normal production schedule as anything else. It’s easier to think of why you’re not getting the rest of the maps. They’re not done yet. All are geometry complete, but they’re being polished and tuned for graphics and gameplay ‘til the last minute. You could say that the maps you’re playing are the best balanced and most complete so far."

(stolen from Bungie's Halo 3 weekly update)

So the new Zanzibar isn't nearly as polished yet as the maps that are going to be in the public beta and those aren't even finalized.

It'll be interesting to see how much it changes when it's released in the fall.

I guess I was somewhat premature in my assesment of the video. I watched the longer version and am happier. I like how they redesigned Zanzibar, and I can't freaking wait to waste fools with the Spartan laser.

How do you guys know he was banned? Yea I just looked up some of these guys' names on mygamercard.net and I'm seriously wondering how they ended up being able to play the beta early. Now I know that they gave a few troops in Iraq a chance to play it early, but I'm wondering how these other guys get in early. They are probably just testers or something.

I'm definitely excited about playing this now.

Eh... it looks okay. I guess I'm not that big a Halo fan but to me it just looks like they expanded the level and added higher resolution textures. I'm more excited about Team Fortress 2 than I am for Halo 3. Guess that just shows my pc gaming roots, huh? Don't get me wrong, it certainly looks good, just not my cup of tea. I did get a copy of Crackdown free from the wonderful folks at MS so I'll give the beta a chance and decide from there. It certainly seems to be running damn smooth though from the video.

P.S. I did read that comment about the level not being finished.

[quote name='Bungie.net']Halo 3 Beta Alert Posted by Frankie at 4/15/2007 2:42 PM PDT

Starting as early as this weekend, it is possible you will see Gamertags on Xbox Live reporting that they are playing the "Halo 3 Beta." Rest assured, this is a Microsoft internal Beta, and not the early start of the Halo 3 Public Beta which is still scheduled for May 16th. So don't panic.

Please feel free to be jealous of them however.[/QUOTE]

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&cid=12364

[quote name='Spades22']Is it still possible to get into the Halo 3 Beta without buying Crackdown? xD[/quote]

rent, borrow or steal crackdown?

[quote name='Spades22']lol, any options besides that? XD[/quote]

nope, you could have registered for it after playing 3 hours of halo 2, but its too late now. ur only hope is to buy\rent crackdown.

bread's done
Back