Halo 3 Costco Bundle

hitmandls2

CAGiversary!
Possible Halo 3 LE Console Bundle at Costco for $499 – Coming Soon.

I searched but found no details about this anywhere. If it belongs in another thread feel free to move it. It seems like a deal to me, especially if the system does turn out to be limited.

I was at the local Costco today when I asked about the absence of Xbox 360 consoles and I was told that new “bundles” were coming. Then tonight my girlfriend was calling around for a system and several Costco locations told her about a Halo 3 Console Bundle. They said the bundle would probably contain the following:

The Halo 3 LE System
A bonus Spartan controller
Halo 3

All for $499.

The SKU is in the system but the quantity per store and release date was blank. A few of the people she talked to said that this was due to a confidentiality agreement. If it is anything like past Costco bundles it may include a play and charge kit or other bonus to increase the value of the bundle.

Hopefully one of our fellow CAGs with a connection at Costco can get some more details.

Oh man, please tell me it doesn't include that hideous olive green abomination that microsoft pooped out last month.

I need a new xbox 360 and only buy from costco (for the return policy), I'd love to get a bundle that includes Halo 3, but I really hope they have one in a more aesthetically pleasing color.

Hitman is correct, I too called Costco and they confirmed $499 for these bundles. They would only tell me that these are expected to arrive by the "holidays" Speculation release date for Costco? Maybe Sept. 16-20?? But def. way before the holidays....

Sorry about that, at least no earlier than the 25th but sometime in September....

I think around the release of Halo 3, thats the only way they can sell the bundle since it does come with the game...

I work at Costco and my 360 is starting to poop out. Our store ran out of the old bundle so I was checking to see when we were getting more and that was the only bundle that looked like it was active. Item number is 444441 if you want to call and keep tabs on its arrival which is currently unknown.
No more details were available in the system than what the first post described.

[quote name='fatpirate']I work at Costco and my 360 is starting to poop out. Our store ran out of the old bundle so I was checking to see when we were getting more and that was the only bundle that looked like it was active. Item number is 444441 if you want to call and keep tabs on its arrival which is currently unknown.
No more details were available in the system than what the first post described.[/QUOTE]

My local costco is out of the old bundle/bundles, do you have any idea if they are possibly going to supply any other bundles? Id assume they wouldnt wait a month+ to have the possibly limited Halo 3 bundle available and not ship any new bundles to the stores between now and then? I could be way off.

Damnit. I just got an Elite. Ah well...I'm intent on finishing up Persona 3 and moving right into Blue Dragon when it comes out. And Bioshock...mmm...shiny.

If you don't care/want the poop green console, a premium (350) + halo (60) + controller (50) = 460, get the same stuff and pay less, and have a console that doesn't look like a baby schatt on it.

I know, slightly off-topic, but anyone know if Costco's getting an Elite bundle?

Even more off-topic: is Microsoft still on track to release white Elites?

[quote name='legs1986']If you don't care/want the poop green console, a premium (350) + halo (60) + controller (50) = 460, get the same stuff and pay less, and have a console that doesn't look like a baby schatt on it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but the important point is that you don't get the Costco, err, let's say extended warranty.

I really hope they're offering something other than that awful poop green one, I'm trying to decide if I should just pick up the elite bundle online, although it's not that great of a deal right now. I'm really crossing my fingers for some sort of in-store grey or black bundle.

[quote name='legs1986']If you don't care/want the poop green console, a premium (350) + halo (60) + controller (50) = 460, get the same stuff and pay less, and have a console that doesn't look like a baby schatt on it.[/QUOTE]

Also, judging by Costco's previous bundles it will probably be:

Xbox 360 Halo limited edition-$400 (ugh)
extra controller-$50
Halo-$60
Play and charge kit-$20

Total: $530

Seriously, what the hell was Microsoft thinking with that color scheme. I know it matches master chiefs armor, but who cares, do you really want to have that in your living room? What about after the Halo 3 hype wears down, then you're just stuck with an incredibly ugly console.

I knew something was up when I went to return my busted 360 to Costco and only two stores in all of San Diego county had 360's in. And those stores had one or two systems.

This is nice but I've already pre-ordered the Legendary edition of Halo 3, but I do want the Halo system and a controller or two. Are the halo systems expected to have the new cpu?

[quote name='cag1125']I know, slightly off-topic, but anyone know if Costco's getting an Elite bundle?

Even more off-topic: is Microsoft still on track to release white Elites?[/QUOTE]

One of my local Costco locations has Elite bundles (I'm not sure what is included as a friend of mine picked it up after returning his X360) None of the other Costco's in the area had any more systems available. The store is located in Fresno CA (N Blackstone) just in case there's anyway of finding the SKU....

I was going to hold out for the halo edition 360, instead im thinking about trading in my original Halo ltd xbox and a ps2 towards a Premium @ gamecrazy. The hunt is on for a store in my area with HDMI versions.

Lots of questions about bundles....I checked today and there were not any other bundles even on order and that was for about 10 stores in Oregon. They may be holding off for a month on shipping other bundles to stores. But today I went online and they had the elite bundle and two different premium bundles....yesterday they only had one. So maybe they will only have them online for the time being?

[quote name='jporter313']Also, judging by Costco's previous bundles it will probably be:

Xbox 360 Halo limited edition-$400 (ugh)
extra controller-$50
Halo-$60
Play and charge kit-$20

Total: $530

Seriously, what the hell was Microsoft thinking with that color scheme. I know it matches master chiefs armor, but who cares, do you really want to have that in your living room? What about after the Halo 3 hype wears down, then you're just stuck with an incredibly ugly console.[/QUOTE]

I think the Halo 3 360 already has the play and charge included

[quote name='fatpirate']I work at Costco and my 360 is starting to poop out. Our store ran out of the old bundle so I was checking to see when we were getting more and that was the only bundle that looked like it was active. Item number is 444441 if you want to call and keep tabs on its arrival which is currently unknown.
No more details were available in the system than what the first post described.[/quote]

Good to see another Costco employee to field the questions around.

As for anyone still trying to track down an older bundle, either the forza 2 bundle or the arcade bundle, chances are pretty slim that you'll be finding them in store. Once the price dropped, the item was marked so that the werehouses wouldn't be getting any more besides what they already had.

We still have bundles online, such as the Elite bundle, the Gears of War bundle, and the arcade bundle.

I'm curios about this bundle...and if they are gunna get the PSP Slim bundles (which they should..) and if they'll get the DS Lite Brain Age 2 bundle

So to any of you Costco employees, can anyone confirm for me that the Halo bundle is going to include that awful limited edition Halo 360?

Also, is there a chance of Costco getting another non-uglified 360 bundle of any kind before or around that time? Thanks.

No more details were available in the system than what the first post described.[/quote]

2 days ago I saw a half pallet of Elite bundles at the west LA Costco, I believe for $540 or $550. Came with a year of Live and an extra black wireless controller.

The Elite bundle is actually a pretty decent deal. You get an extra $120 worth of stuff(pnc,wireless controller,13month xboxlive sub) for only $50 more over retail.

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']The Elite bundle is actually a pretty decent deal. You get an extra $120 worth of stuff(pnc,wireless controller,13month xboxlive sub) for only $50 more over retail.[/QUOTE]

Where are you guys seeing the 13 months of live with the Elite? Online doesn't seem to have it.

I did find some interesting notes in the computer system actually. There were several new entries for xbox 360 bundles. There was definitly the one with the special Halo 3 360. But I also found two more such as an elite and a pro system with halo 3 each. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but any other costco employee can verify.

IAI, "xbox" "bundle"for keywords, and then make sure that the N is changed to a Y to check all items not just the ones set up for the werehouse.

[quote name='dracula']wow that color really is hideous. I dont have a xbox, but i would consider getting one if they made a really nice color- like the crystal xbox a few years back
\
edit holy hells, where do i get one like this?

http://www.engadget.com/photos/win-...edition-xbox-360-elite-and-300-hd-dvd/331401/[/QUOTE]

from this years comic con in san diego, they were given away as prizes this year while they showed the movie 300 at petco park.

[quote name='sonderiaom']I did find some interesting notes in the computer system actually. There were several new entries for xbox 360 bundles. There was definitly the one with the special Halo 3 360. But I also found two more such as an elite and a pro system with halo 3 each. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but any other costco employee can verify.

IAI, "xbox" "bundle"for keywords, and then make sure that the N is changed to a Y to check all items not just the ones set up for the werehouse.[/quote]

I may be wrong but changing the N to Y will also show e-commerce bundles (aka online bundles that might not be available in stores)? Therefore, these bundles us employees find in the system may not all be available in brick and mortar Costcos. More than likely, if you saw a few new bundles in the system, only one of the new ones will be the one the stores get, and the others will be online only.

[quote name='chicagoz']I may be wrong but changing the N to Y will also show e-commerce bundles (aka online bundles that might not be available in stores)? Therefore, these bundles us employees find in the system may not all be available in brick and mortar Costcos. More than likely, if you saw a few new bundles in the system, only one of the new ones will be the one the stores get, and the others will be online only.[/quote]

True, however, what I was really going for was that the option will be there to get Halo 3, without the colored console, from costco. And to bring up a point, which do you think is more likely, that they'll have a limited edition in stores, trying to spread out the little numbers of the console to all the stores, or only have it online so they can keep track of it better?

[quote name='sonderiaom']Good to see another Costco employee to field the questions around.

As for anyone still trying to track down an older bundle, either the forza 2 bundle or the arcade bundle, chances are pretty slim that you'll be finding them in store. Once the price dropped, the item was marked so that the werehouses wouldn't be getting any more besides what they already had.

We still have bundles online, such as the Elite bundle, the Gears of War bundle, and the arcade bundle.[/quote]

For those in the Baltimore area, the Arundel Mills Costco got in 20 Arcade bundles about a week ago for $399. And around the same time I called the Glen Burnie Costco and they told me the computer showed 12 Forza bundles in stock for $449. I don't think that Forza bundle is such a great deal, but I did get them to price adjust my Arcade bundle that I bought 2 months ago. :applause:

[quote name='sonderiaom']True, however, what I was really going for was that the option will be there to get Halo 3, without the colored console, from costco. And to bring up a point, which do you think is more likely, that they'll have a limited edition in stores, trying to spread out the little numbers of the console to all the stores, or only have it online so they can keep track of it better?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, Sonderiaom. I'm crossing my fingers that you're right. A halo 3 bundle with a normal console would be ideal in my book.

[quote name='Beana Blasta']from this years comic con in san diego, they were given away as prizes this year while they showed the movie 300 at petco park.[/QUOTE]

wow, MS must make some sort of really good 360 elite special edition package. If it is half as cool as the 300 then i will probably buy it.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']One of my local Costco locations has Elite bundles (I'm not sure what is included as a friend of mine picked it up after returning his X360) None of the other Costco's in the area had any more systems available. The store is located in Fresno CA (N Blackstone) just in case there's anyway of finding the SKU....[/QUOTE]

I saw those elites in fresno. elite, xtra wireless, live card, for like $530. save $20 or so off retail. the live card was a halo 3 live for 13 months. i already have plenty of live year cards and an xtra wireless so i didn't pick it up. i went 1 or 2 days later and quite a few were sold.

[quote name='pthagonal']I hope anyone who buys that ugly ass console dies in a huge fire. Really, fuck you. Is that too harsh?[/quote]

lol, such a huge consequnce for the price of a couple hundred dollars

[quote name='pthagonal']I hope anyone who buys that ugly ass console dies in a huge fire. Really, fuck you. Is that too harsh?[/quote]

I see you forgot to take your monthly Midol dosage...
200.jpg

Here ya go.

Yup, we got it in at my costco also. It appears to come with a strategy guide as well, it's in the plastic behind the console. It seems like a great deal for those in the market for an xbox 360 and halo 3.

Oh and we got a total of 30, one pallet full, I imagine most other warehouses are in the same boat.

The price still bothers me, along with the color of it though. Oh, and every single Costco should've gotten it by now but of course can't sell it until the 25th.

I'd get it if my 360 was hurtin'. I like the color, more organic than all the black and white consoles spread throughout my house.

The notion that I should DIAF for that is ludicrious although I did wish bodily harm upon BB employees who try and sell the expensive HDMI cables so I suppose this is karma.

bread's done
Back