Halo 3 Costco Bundle

hitmandls2

CAGiversary!
Possible Halo 3 LE Console Bundle at Costco for $499 – Coming Soon.

I searched but found no details about this anywhere. If it belongs in another thread feel free to move it. It seems like a deal to me, especially if the system does turn out to be limited.

I was at the local Costco today when I asked about the absence of Xbox 360 consoles and I was told that new “bundles” were coming. Then tonight my girlfriend was calling around for a system and several Costco locations told her about a Halo 3 Console Bundle. They said the bundle would probably contain the following:

The Halo 3 LE System
A bonus Spartan controller
Halo 3

All for $499.

The SKU is in the system but the quantity per store and release date was blank. A few of the people she talked to said that this was due to a confidentiality agreement. If it is anything like past Costco bundles it may include a play and charge kit or other bonus to increase the value of the bundle.

Hopefully one of our fellow CAGs with a connection at Costco can get some more details.

[quote name='jporter313']Also, judging by Costco's previous bundles it will probably be:

Xbox 360 Halo limited edition-$400 (ugh)
extra controller-$50
Halo-$60
Play and charge kit-$20

Total: $530

Seriously, what the hell was Microsoft thinking with that color scheme. I know it matches master chiefs armor, but who cares, do you really want to have that in your living room? What about after the Halo 3 hype wears down, then you're just stuck with an incredibly ugly console.[/quote]

Right, because what YOU think is nice looking, everyone thinks is nice looking right? Let me feed you in. No matter how hot your girlfriend is, someone thinks she's ugly. No matter how nice your car is, someone thinks it's a garbage beater. No matter how big your TV is, someone thinks it's a small screen. No matter how much money you have, some jerk is going to say you're poor/small fry.

No matter how ugly YOU think the Halo 3 Xbox is, someone is going to think it's cool looking. Me, my friend and 2 of my other friends ALL think it's a nice console. Oh and the funny part? We're not even Halo fans. GO FIGURE. I will probably pick one up and I don't even have Halo 3 pre-ordered. I probably won't even buy it, I'll just get it from GameFLY and hold onto it until I see a used copy going for $30-35.

I like the color and scheme of the Halo 3 Xbox. And before you say something STUPID like, "Well you have bad taste", the only thing I have to say to that is, first: You don't know the definition of taste. Second: Your girlfriend/wife is ugly.

sorry buddy, but you are best to get it brand new from family videos for $45. Why spend $35 for a used copy? Maybe $35 in January if you are lucky. How much is gamefly these days? I don't think its worth holding halo 3 for 4 months

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wow I'm shocked that they broke street date on the game.[/QUOTE]

We're not selling them yet, we just got them in, I saw the pallet in the back. Where did you see that they're selling it already?

How does the Costco warranty work. Do you just bring in the box and get a brand new bundle?

Or do you have to bring everything back..or do they have unbundled boxes?

Well my brother works at Costco, so I could ask him what the deal is, he stocks at night so I know he'll be putting these Halo Bundles out on Tuesday.

I heard the Halo 360 had improved guts, so that might be worth it if that doesn't crap out on me. I'd much rather have a dependible console then a bunch of extra crap.

I should check the store out next week and see what they have. I've looked at the bundles and they have included a lot of good stuff. I already have an extra wired controller I use on my PC, but I'd love a year of Live to go with my system and some Microsoft Points too.

I'm definitely going to hop on this deal. I wanted all this stuff. So even if it totals to be $10 cheaper I'm going to get it.

Quick question though, there's a link above to the Elite bundle w/ Halo 3-- that's different from what they'll have in the store, right? Unlike others, I like how the LE Halo 3 System looks!

EDIT: Oh ya, and for anyone that works at Costco. Is it going to be for $499?

[quote name='kylerg']How does the Costco warranty work. Do you just bring in the box and get a brand new bundle?

Or do you have to bring everything back..or do they have unbundled boxes?[/quote]
There's a couple different ways it can go. Usually they'll have you have to return absolutely everything. However, it would be possible, if you're nice enough, and they're nice enough, to just bring back the defective part, and if they have the exact same bundle in, to just switch out the part and give you the good part. They may have you buy the new bundle and then return the old part with the new stuff though, depends on the person and circumstance.

As well, a coworker said that he has the halo 3 xbox in his house and he says that it's not too terrible, that it is more of a military green than puke green. I'm even thinking of getting it now.

[quote name='KueMan10']EDIT: Oh ya, and for anyone that works at Costco. Is it going to be for $499?[/quote]

Yes

[quote name='KueMan10']I am definitely getting this bundle. I like the fact that the limited edition of the game is included, but I'm a bit worried about it being scratched up when I open it due to reports of this happening.

Anyone know if I can only replace the game from this bundle if my game is in fact scratched?[/quote]

Costco is magnificent for returns...and even Best Buy would allow it.

I would open it right there though. Also the one snag here is that it is the LE of the game...so they would need to have an LE edition of the game for you to exhange it. (although I would think they would allow exchange for a standard but that is your loss)

Hmmm, not too shabby a deal. Shame the LE is broken. I have an Elite I bought from them before the price drop....what to do, what to do?

[quote name='chicagoz']Costco in Chicago just got in the Halo 3 bundle. It has the Halo 3 Xbox 360 system, a McFarlane Halo 3 controller, and a copy of the limited edition version of Halo 3. This is a nice bundle for those who still don't have an Xbox 360 and LOVE Halo.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1138/1423109976_a149b68554_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1126/1422224393_2134c3ebbb_o.jpg[/quote]

Maybe I'm just delusional. But does anyone think, based off these pics, that the LE discs in these bundles may be less susceptible (sp?) to scratching due to the seemingly secure packaging?

There were some at the Costco in Winstan-Salem, NC. They had a pallet of them at $499. Included Halo 360 edition, extra Mcfarlane controller, Lim. ed. Halo, big Halo game guide book).
I thought about it really hard but I bought an Elite instead at Sams Club for $499 with play-n-charge and extra black controller.

Any word on how limited these actually are? I might pick one up now if they won't be around for too long, which for me, is around a month.

[quote name='KueMan10']I am definitely getting this bundle. I like the fact that the limited edition of the game is included, but I'm a bit worried about it being scratched up when I open it due to reports of this happening.http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=28948)

Anyone know if I can only replace the game from this bundle if my game is in fact scratched?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Costco is carrying the collectors edition as a separate item (ie, the only ones they have are in the Halo 3 System packages) so you might not have that many chances to swap a defective game out for the same version.

Soooo... I got one! Like someone said, it includes the system (which IMO looks great!), the LE Halo 3, Spartan Controller and Strategy Guide. I'm f'n loving it!

Best part about it though is that the LE discs are NOT scratched whatsoever! I mean they are perfect. So I'm wondering if it is because it's in all that Costco packaging or I'm just lucky. Either way, this is great!

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Any word on how limited these actually are? I might pick one up now if they won't be around for too long, which for me, is around a month.[/quote]

The Costco package might not be around for a while (they still have the standard premium bundles around Costco, so I would think that this halo 3 bundle might be a one time thing for Costco) but I would think the Halo 3 360 system will be around for at least a few months, esp since its more costly that a standard prem 360.

I want one but if I do i will get rid of my old 360 but I want all my saves and arcades i have downloaded.

What are my options for tranfering data from my old 360 to a new halo edition one? Can i get a memory card and transfer all my arcade games or is there another way?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I want one but if I do i will get rid of my old 360 but I want all my saves and arcades i have downloaded.

What are my options for tranfering data from my old 360 to a new halo edition one? Can i get a memory card and transfer all my arcade games or is there another way?[/QUOTE]

For the arcade games, you can just re-download them the new unit under your gamertag...they know you previously paid for them....HOWEVER, these things are DRMed in a way that you need to be connected to xbox live and logged in under your gamertag in order for them to work...other gamertags won't be able to use them on the new machine nor will they work if the unit is not connected to xbox live.

As for the game saves (including those arcade games with save files like Doom), you can pick up 360 memory unit and plug it in and transfer the saves to the unit and then plug that into the new machine and transfer them.... I don't think you can move saves from Xbox1 games that you've created on your 360....Tonight, I moved to a Halo 3 system and I wasn't able to get my xbox1 game saves over...although that wasn't a big issue for me....also I wasn't able to get my viva pinata save (about 15 minutes of game time effort.) to move either...but other than that, everything moved over smoothly.

And the Halo 3 system I have has been on for several hours now and the fan noise is much lower and it runs a fair bit cooler than my previous 360 system.

[quote name='jazzman']When did Costco start charging for shipping?[/quote]

They've always charged for shipping for most items. Good thing about Costco is they'll refund the _entire_ shipping & handling charges if you return the item.

Picked up a bundle today and the game disc was trashed. The best part, the manager told me I have to return the entire bundle to get a new disc. Im going to be tearing through a lot of $500 bundles until I find a good disc.

I bought a non halo 360 to save about 60 bucks and a copy of the reg edition of halo 3.

My 2 day old 360 is dead now and Halo 3 crashed about 20 times in the 3 hours I was able to play. I am so glad i bought it at Costco
so I can return and get the Halo edition 360... The reg edition of the game is said to destroy systems..See link

http://kotaku.com/gaming/defective/halo-3-disc-read-errors-rampant-304600.php

If you are a mod on this forum please don't lock threads for no reason?????????

Halo 3 360, Game guide, Limited Edition Halo 3, Halo 3 controller I think with mini figure for USD$499.99 is out in Costco B&M stores now

Please use the search function before posting a new thread. Also it's pretty safe to assume if there is a new bundle at Costco featuring the most highly anticipated video game of all time, that somebody in the forum would have noticed it within the first couple of days its release.

There are reports that the new Halo 3 edition 360s have the 65nm chip in them. I wonder whether these bundles have them or not. I do not know how to tell on the one I have.

bread's done
Back