Halo 3 FREE from microsoft with purchase of 360

kjauburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.camp=Games&WText.campSrc=RSS

Read the Requirements Below! New Live Account and purchase made between 11/21 and 12/21.

UPDATED: WARNING THEY CHANGED THE REQUIREMENTS! Below is the orginal promotion posting from this morning. The site now states you have to be a original xbox owner with paid live account and convert to xbox live gold account after purchasing new 360. Why the hell are you going to offer a promotion to a small portion of leftover holdouts? Crazy...

Published November 16, 2007
If you're more than ready for Halo® 3, but still have an older console, here's the plan for you. Buy your Xbox 360® before December 21, 2007 and we will give you a copy of Halo 3*. Finish the fight in high definition, with new weapons and challenges. Join three friends in Campaign mode, or get an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription for sixteen-person multiplayer action.
ilmH3_MP_TsavoHighway3p05.jpg

Free Halo 3? It doesn't get any better than that.
Here's How to Get Your Halo 3 Game
  1. Buy an Xbox 360 console by December 21.
  2. Connect to Xbox LIVE.
  3. Register HERE with promotional code XBX7777, your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. And look for your copy of Halo 3 for Xbox 360 in your mailbox!
Get Halo 3 free. Buy your Xbox 360 today!
(*Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires 23:59 hr (PST) December 21, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360 system between November 21, 2007, and December 21, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE Account, then register on the promotion website on or before December 21, 2007. Hard drive, Windows Live™ ID, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com/live.) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox 360 Halo 3 game will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008. Fulfillment requires a valid mailing address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.)

[quote name='chines37']I am the 2nd of the 5 who qualifies for this deal it would seem.

According to amazon - they still sell 1 month cards Live memberships for around 8 bucks. I was going to run to Target and BB to see what they have. It may be 3 months is the shortest for ~$20 - which is starting to diminish the returns if you weren't goinig to otherwise sign up for a gold membership. Still $20 < $60

Just remember you need to activate Live by/before the 20th[/quote]
Good point. I was planning on signing up for Xbox gold anyways so this was a no brainer. So I stopped by EB Games and picked up a 12 month Xbox live subscription card for $50 + tax. I will activate it today on my dusty old Xbox, and when I pick up my Best Buy Xbox 360 on BF, I'll transfer over the entire subscription and wind up getting GH II, Forza, Marvel, + Halo 3 later. I'm also doing the myfreexbox360 thing to get a free game. Little effort but very easy to do.

Link to the offer

Link to the account migration wizard

Summary: offer
1) Pick up Xbox live subscription card (EB games, or BB or Target)
2) Use it to sign up for Xbox live on your old xbox - must do so by November 20
3) Buy an Xbox 360 between Nov 21 to Dec 21
4) Convert your account to Xbox 360 live account migration wizard
5) Register with promotional code XBX7777, with your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
6) Wait for Halo3!

[quote name='Drnick']ok, let me rephrase for those who think I"m "retarded".

I bought an xbox last week, so I'm not eligible, part of it is sour grapes on my part.

2nd, I'm SURE M$ is going to advertize the hell out of this promo, (which they should!) but I think a lot of parents will go out and buy a 360 for their kids for X-mas but not realize that they have to open the package, set up the xbox, and sign up for xbox live before the 21st of december so they can get the free game.

all and all, not a bad deal... but just not as great as it could of been. (I mean, come on, M$ isn't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts.. they are doing it to to sell 360's for the holiday season, I just feel a lot of people will be disappointed when they buy a 360 for the free game, and then find out they can't give it to their kid for x-mas and get the free game, they have to do all the stuff BEFORE x-mas to get the game)

just my 2 cents, I don't care if you agree with me or not[/QUOTE]

Someone call the WAAAAAHmbulance for this guy.

well ok then, i guess i'll dust off the old bastard and fire him up with a Live account. I was going to wait to get Live until 360 but if i can get a free Halo 3, then i'll do it now.

hope it works, i only have 2 days.

anyway canadains could take advantage of this deal
would it shipp to the live accouunt address or can i make it ship to mail forwarder?

[quote name='MSUHitman']The following statement is made with the asumption people who have an original XBox have the monetary ability to buy a new system ...

If you don't take advantage of this and dump Halo 2 for a new 360 with 3 free games, one of which is Halo 3, then you're a fucking idiot.[/quote]

Ive read a lot of your posts.. have u ever posted anything that wasn't hateful or rude to anyone? I mean damn..

Good deal. Sadly I dont think itll count if I return my 360 and swap it out for a new one..

so when i buy a subscription card, i am assuming i do not have to pay anything extra when i transfer it over a Gold account on my new 360?

I'm about to go out and buy a card now...

[quote name='Daemonocracy']so when i buy a subscription card, i am assuming i do not have to pay anything extra when i transfer it over a Gold account on my new 360?

I'm about to go out and buy a card now...[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm pretty sure that xbox live gold cards (ie the orange and white cards) only work on 360s...I'm looking at a 12 month card that came in a vision camera pack and it says on the back "xbox live gold subscription cards only valid for use on xbox 360". I may be that you need to phone up xbox live and buy directly from them to get the old, xbox1 version, or find someone on ebay selling the black and orange cards if you want to take advantage of this deal.

[quote name='K_G']I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm pretty sure that xbox live gold cards (ie the orange and white cards) only work on 360s...I'm looking at a 12 month card that came in a vision camera pack and it says on the back "xbox live gold subscription cards only valid for use on xbox 360". I may be that you need to phone up xbox live and buy directly from them to get the old, xbox1 version, or find someone on ebay selling the black and orange cards if you want to take advantage of this deal.[/quote]

i couldn't find any of those old cards in my local stores. they have been completely phased out it seems. So what I did was just purchase a month online through Xbox.com and then recover that account to my Xbox.

When I get my 360 in a week, maybe sooner, i'll transfer that account to the 360. it may work, because i do not have a 360 right now, or it may not. if it doesn't, no big deal, i was planning on getting a 360 with live anyway. i'll just miss out on the free game.

but i could always call up and bitch if things don't work out. depends on my mood. ;)

So as far as I understand, noone will be able to take advantage of this. I only recently got a 360 a month ago, but back in February of this year I got an email from Microsoft stating that my Xbox Live account was being transformed into an Xbox 360 Gold account. It was simply a technical change as my XBL account would (and did) still work fine on my Xbox despite not owning a 360. I recall hearing of similar emails going out to other people at that time.

Being that Microsoft has already automatically migrated most (if not all) Xbox 1 Live subscribers to an Xbox 360 Live Gold account, who exactly is going to be able to take advantage of this???

[quote name='Nogib']So as far as I understand, noone will be able to take advantage of this. I only recently got a 360 a month ago, but back in February of this year I got an email from Microsoft stating that my Xbox Live account was being transformed into an Xbox 360 Gold account. It was simply a technical change as my XBL account would (and did) still work fine on my Xbox despite not owning a 360. I recall hearing of similar emails going out to other people at that time.

Being that Microsoft has already automatically migrated most (if not all) Xbox 1 Live subscribers to an Xbox 360 Live Gold account, who exactly is going to be able to take advantage of this???[/quote]

i'll find out when i register my new 360 and punch in the coupon code for the free Halo 3. i'm still in the hunt for a falcon though so this might take a lil while...

[quote name='Nogib']So as far as I understand, noone will be able to take advantage of this. I only recently got a 360 a month ago, but back in February of this year I got an email from Microsoft stating that my Xbox Live account was being transformed into an Xbox 360 Gold account. It was simply a technical change as my XBL account would (and did) still work fine on my Xbox despite not owning a 360. I recall hearing of similar emails going out to other people at that time.

Being that Microsoft has already automatically migrated most (if not all) Xbox 1 Live subscribers to an Xbox 360 Live Gold account, who exactly is going to be able to take advantage of this???[/quote]

Maybe me and one other poster are the only ones to be able to take advantage of this.

Didn't have Xbox live until I signed up for it on my original Xbox on Sunday just for this deal. I'll buy the Xbox 360 later this week. Then I'll transfer the subscription over. Can't believe MS would target so few people though...doesn't really make sense.

Yea I plan on getting in on this deal...Gonna check to see if I can score a pro bundle at K-Mart tomorrow...if not hopefully i can get a pro w/ Guitar Hero 2 at BB on Black Friday.

[quote name='GundamFan']Yea I plan on getting in on this deal...Gonna check to see if I can score a pro bundle at K-Mart tomorrow...if not hopefully i can get a pro w/ Guitar Hero 2 at BB on Black Friday.[/quote]

I was snooping around Best Buy yesterday, looking for a Falcon version of the 360 (no luck) and one of the employees was talking to me and told me that the GH2 Bundle does not include the 360 with HDMI. This was news to me, but in case you didn't know i thought i should run it by you.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']I was snooping around Best Buy yesterday, looking for a Falcon version of the 360 (no luck) and one of the employees was talking to me and told me that the GH2 Bundle does not include the 360 with HDMI. This was news to me, but in case you didn't know i thought i should run it by you.[/QUOTE]

Hehe I found that out the hard way today. I ended up getting a 360 pro bundle at Circuit City. At first I was so happy because one of the employees told me they were all out. Then I asked the cashier and she found one. Bad news is that it's a Zephyr...

so I heard about this deal on the 20th and had an old XBL card I got with the Crimson Skies XBL set. Registered for XBL on the 20th bought a 360 elite today and signed up for this thing.

Now how the hell do I know if I've been approved or not? There doesn't seem to be anyway to tell...

[quote name='vienge']so I heard about this deal on the 20th and had an old XBL card I got with the Crimson Skies XBL set. Registered for XBL on the 20th bought a 360 elite today and signed up for this thing.

Now how the hell do I know if I've been approved or not? There doesn't seem to be anyway to tell...[/quote]Yup, it is nice to see that Bill's legacy battle cry of "screw the consumer" still exists, even in his absense.

One option you have: return the 360 elite tomorrow, explaining to the retailer (not that the retailer really cares) that the only reason for your return is because M$ changed their promotional deal mid-stream, and you no longer want to buy anymore M$ products. Wait. Wait. Wait some more. If M$ ever decides to honor their own promotional deal, and you actually receive your promised physical copy of Halo3, then you can decide at THAT TIME if you still want another M$ product (as in: buy another XBox 360). An additional bonus might even be that you getting a more-reliable 360 hardware revision by delaying your permanent purchase of your 360 by 6-12 weeks, while waiting for M$ to straighten out their promotional Halo3 deliveries.

In the mean time, continue to enjoy you XBox 1 and newly activated LIVE access.

So what about those who dont have an xbox or an existing live account? Deal seems worthless to those people and im sure there are a good number considering the marketing behind halo 3 converted everyone who was before on the fence about getting a 360. But really instead of doing this deal Microsoft needs to release a better system. What good would it be to buy a 360 if oyu know its gonna red ring just a few months after purchase?

Just an evil thought experiment.

Can an old Xbox Live account still be purchased (ebay or any other route)?

If so, what is to stop a nefarious individual from starting multiple old Xbox Live accounts (under different names and address)?

What will then stop said terrible person from buying multiple Xbox 360 systems (and keeping them sealed)?

Then, what will prevent said person from requesting his free copy of Halo 3 via the regular terms of the contract?

Then, what will prevent said person from returning the sealed Xbox 360s from the store for full refunds while the Halo 3 are in transit?

Being that Microsoft has already automatically migrated most (if not all) Xbox 1 Live subscribers to an Xbox 360 Live Gold account, who exactly is going to be able to take advantage of this???[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat since I never upgraded my Xbox Live account and Microsoft sent me an email earlier this year stating I was now a Gold member with my automatic Xbox Live renewal even though I've never owned a 360. I've been holding out for one but pulled the trigger when I saw this and the Paypal 20% deal. I should be receiving my 360 soon and will go through the steps to register for a free copy of Halo 3. I will post on the outcome but I expect to receive a copy since I meet the requirements of being a current Xbox 1 Live member who's hasn't migrated to a 360 yet.

Well I went through the whole process but I didn't receive any type of confirmation...Hopefully there will be a nice surprise in the mail soon!

Ok, my buddy just got a 360 between the valid dates. He never owned an xbox. We got an old xbox live card and activated it on my old xbox. Later that evening he recovered it on the 360 where it was transformed into a Gold account. According to the rules, this should work. I'll keep people updated on the status of his Halo 3.

[quote name='JimyD']I'm in the same boat since I never upgraded my Xbox Live account and Microsoft sent me an email earlier this year stating I was now a Gold member with my automatic Xbox Live renewal even though I've never owned a 360. I've been holding out for one but pulled the trigger when I saw this and the Paypal 20% deal. I should be receiving my 360 soon and will go through the steps to register for a free copy of Halo 3. I will post on the outcome but I expect to receive a copy since I meet the requirements of being a current Xbox 1 Live member who's hasn't migrated to a 360 yet.[/quote]

where did u buy the 360?

[quote name='omgu8myrice']where did u buy the 360?[/QUOTE]

I bought an Arcade online (got a 360 hard drive on Ebay) at www.barnesandnoble.com through the Paypal 20% deal. I just checked the site and they're out of stock. You might want to monitor them and Overstock.com to see if they get anything in stock between now and the end of the Paypal deal, which is 12/10. Be careful with Overstock.com since they take forever to ship stuff and you need to have the 360 by 12/21 to register for the free Halo 3 deal. Good luck.

well i'm all registered. i guess i'll know by January 18th if i qualified or not. They basically said sign up and wait, so that's all i can do.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Ok, my buddy just got a 360 between the valid dates. He never owned an xbox. We got an old xbox live card and activated it on my old xbox. Later that evening he recovered it on the 360 where it was transformed into a Gold account. According to the rules, this should work. I'll keep people updated on the status of his Halo 3.[/quote]

it should work as long you guys did this before 11/21/07. you had to have been an active xbl customer by then.

Alright, I tried the deal. Only difference is that a while back I migrated my account to a 360 pro, sold it, got an elite, migrated again. If it works I'll post up ^_^'

[quote name='kjauburn']Why the hell are you going to offer a promotion to a small portion of leftover holdouts? Crazy...[/QUOTE] To get the holdouts to break open their wallets and bring in additional sources of revenue for MS. Why would they offer a deal to people that buy Halo 3, regardless of the cost? Now that they've got the hardcore crowd's money, they're going all out to bring in the rest of gamers.

does it require you to send in a proof of purchase? Just curious because my brother-in-law picked up a 360 in October that he was giving to his kids for Christmas.

[quote name='h2dk']does it require you to send in a proof of purchase? Just curious because my brother-in-law picked up a 360 in October that he was giving to his kids for Christmas.[/quote]

no, it just requires the serial number off the back of your 360

Ripped from SD didn't see posted after search so here ya go

Credit to Kokemon23 @SD

Go easy on me, my first deal post.

I stopped by FYE for the $40 Halo 3 rebate, credit to chillaxtodamax.

I asked the guy if they still had the rebate going and he said yes, so I take Halo 3 to the register and also grab an Xbox 360 Pro, as they have a $30 MIR for that right now as well and I don't have one yet.

He rings up Halo 3 first, then rings up the Xbox 360. He then does a double take: Halo 3 rang up for $19.99!! I said, great, no dealing with MIR's. Then to both our surprise: the $30 rebate AS WELL as the $40 print out!! The guy was like "Ok, apparently we are paying you $20 to buy Halo3!!"
eek.gif
Upon further review, it looks like they gave the $40 discount b/c I bought it along with an Xbox 360.

Receipt and rebates scanned and posted below.

Recipt scans in this thread under hot deals at SD.

Cliffs: Halo 3 for Xbox 360 $20 plus there is a $40 mail in rebate when you buy with an Xbox 360.
cool.gif

Xbox 360 Pro for $320 after MIR.

FYI: This was at the Robinson location in Western PA. Good luck to anyone interested in this deal!

http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=72033&d=1199910685

.....what does this SD stand for????

this site needs a legend for all the shorthand used.

and that is a good deal

This deal was originally listed as a ymmv but it has been confirmed in different parts of the country. The only issue potentially would be refusal of the rebate due to the price of the game.

[quote name='strongpimphand'].....what does this SD stand for????

this site needs a legend for all the shorthand used.

and that is a good deal[/quote]

Although Slick Deals and Fat Wallet (FW) aren't in here, here's the legend from the FAQ.

[quote name='Rhinoe']Did the Pro come with Forza2/MUA? Thanks for the heads-up.[/quote]
Yes please do tell, and when do these deals come to an end?
The nearest FYE is 1/2 hr from me, but that would be worth the drive.

[quote name='graf1k']Do we know if this works for Elites as well or just Pros?[/quote]

If they had elites in stock the assumption is it would work same for the forzqa/MUA bundle. The problem is whether they have them in stock or not. I don't go to FYE much but from what I have read the MIR could be a pain in the ass. Keep copies of everything.

Went to the FYE in Raleigh, NC (Triangle Town Center). Clerk confirmed that the Pro with Forza/MUA did have $30 mail in rebate. He said this deal was going on until Jan. 16. He was very sure that they were having no Halo 3 related deals.

Thanks guys. Went to Dadeland mall in Miami. I asked if they knew if the Pro system they had you could get the $30 mail in rebate (they didn't have any bundles, saying they had stopped carrying those). The lady said no, but in the end I figured I'd get it and try for the Halo 3 MIR.

As they scanned the guy was a bit weirded out that it came out for $19.99. Also the mail in rebate came out for both the 360 and Halo 3. The lady came back and said if I ever smiled, so I did and said it's a shame they didn't have any more bundles cause I'd like the games. She said they did have one more in the back, so I gave her a smile and she went and just brought me the games :D

Thanks again for posting this

Has anyone received their copy of Halo 3 yet? I still have not received any word or confirmation that I got in on the promotion...

Well, seeing as it isn't January 18th yet, I think there is still a little more time befre anyone should be upset over not seeing their game. I doubt they will send some kind of verification that you've qualified. If they do, then that is just a bonus.

Holy crap this deal is amazing if not for the fact that the price is so low, but moreso due to the lack of availability of XBox 360 Pro systems right now. The Holiday bundle w/ the 2 games is hard to find across the US right now. Beyond that, here in Raleigh, NC it's very hard to find ANY XBox 360 Pro systems. I've called Target, Gamestop, Circuity City, Best Buy, etc... and they are all sold out.

Anyways, I scored one at FYE in Triangle Town Center in Raleigh. Halo 3 rang up for $19.99 but of course the box had been used as a display so it's not in the shrinkwrap (ugh, I thought only Gamestop did that). A $40 Halo 3 rebate and a $30 XBox 360 system rebate printed out. Let's assume for a minute that I could get $40 trade-in credit for Marvel, Forza, and Halo 3 and also assume that the rebates are honored in full. Price breakdown:

$370 pre-tax OTD - $40 Halo 3 rebate - $30 system rebate - $40 trade credit:

$260 !

This is a best case scenario but either way it's a great deal. If anyone in Raleigh needs an XBox 360 Pro, give FYE a call. Thanks CAG!

bread's done
Back