Halo 3 FREE from microsoft with purchase of 360

kjauburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.camp=Games&WText.campSrc=RSS

Read the Requirements Below! New Live Account and purchase made between 11/21 and 12/21.

UPDATED: WARNING THEY CHANGED THE REQUIREMENTS! Below is the orginal promotion posting from this morning. The site now states you have to be a original xbox owner with paid live account and convert to xbox live gold account after purchasing new 360. Why the hell are you going to offer a promotion to a small portion of leftover holdouts? Crazy...

Published November 16, 2007
If you're more than ready for Halo® 3, but still have an older console, here's the plan for you. Buy your Xbox 360® before December 21, 2007 and we will give you a copy of Halo 3*. Finish the fight in high definition, with new weapons and challenges. Join three friends in Campaign mode, or get an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription for sixteen-person multiplayer action.
ilmH3_MP_TsavoHighway3p05.jpg

Free Halo 3? It doesn't get any better than that.
Here's How to Get Your Halo 3 Game
  1. Buy an Xbox 360 console by December 21.
  2. Connect to Xbox LIVE.
  3. Register HERE with promotional code XBX7777, your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. And look for your copy of Halo 3 for Xbox 360 in your mailbox!
Get Halo 3 free. Buy your Xbox 360 today!
(*Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires 23:59 hr (PST) December 21, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360 system between November 21, 2007, and December 21, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE Account, then register on the promotion website on or before December 21, 2007. Hard drive, Windows Live™ ID, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com/live.) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox 360 Halo 3 game will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008. Fulfillment requires a valid mailing address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.)

WTF? I actually signed up and qualified with the new requirements (switched from original xbox to 360 with live account) and I have no e-mail...

I sense a call to MS Live Support coming on (again). Luckily I have a service ticket number.

Did anyone (else) who made the switch after the requirements change get an e-mail? And those of you who GOT an e-mail, did you get some kind of confirmation previously when you signed up?

[quote name='nwfisk']WTF? I actually signed up and qualified with the new requirements (switched from original xbox to 360 with live account) and I have no e-mail...

I sense a call to MS Live Support coming on (again). Luckily I have a service ticket number.

Did anyone (else) who made the switch after the requirements change get an e-mail? And those of you who GOT an e-mail, did you get some kind of confirmation previously when you signed up?[/QUOTE]

I signed up when the migration requirement was up and haven't received any e-mail yet.

I will be PISSED if I did what they told me to do and don't get anything.

I got the email here as well, and all i did was swap my Premium for a Falcon Elite at best buy and then singed up for the for the free game, i wasnt even expecting it since i already had live account on my premium. But hey ill take a free game even if i do alredy own it.

It seems to me like those who signed up prior to the requirements change got the e-mail, those who came in after did not.

I'm calling in to support tomorrow.

word~ i bought a new one, registered it after this offer started, but before all the changes went weird... and got my email a few days ago.

$320 ~ halo 3 xbox 360+halo3

Not bad at all..

Can some one post the email address that this notice originated from? I may have qualified but closed that email account it was to be sent to. Damn it!

[quote name='PocariSweat']Can some one post the email address that this notice originated from? I may have qualified but closed that email account it was to be sent to. Damn it![/quote]

Xbox Live
Date: Jan 25, 2008 6:50 PM
Subject: Your Halo 3 game is on its way!

Okay... Here's the results from support call #3:

I was told that there was indeed a delay, and that I should be receiving my copy of Halo 3 if I met the requirements. Unfortunately, there was no way to check if I had actually met the requirements.

When I mentioned that I had heard a confirmation e-mail had been sent out, and that I had not yet received that e-mail, I was told that I should wait until Feb. 1. If I do not receive an e-mail by then, I should call back support, and they would work through the problem.

I again received a (seemingly useless) reference number.

So, I guess I'm waiting until Friday...

I didn't meet the requirements, but signed up anyway and was surprised as hell to see the e-mail in my inbox last week. What are the chances of me actually getting it?

Last November, my 360 died, so I took it to Gamestop and used the PRP. When I got home, I registered the system online and took a shot at signing up for the free copy of Halo 3. I knew that I didn't meet the requirements, but signed up none-the-less. I have been a gold live subscriber for well over 2 years with the 360. Well, they send me an email yesterday, confirming that I would receive a copy within the next 3 weeks.

The bad part is that I bought a copy of Halo 3, brand new, from Half.com almost three weeks ago for $26. I guess I can always sell this new one to someone to recoup the costs. My brother just bought a 360, I'm sure he'd be interested.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear IXI Dragunz IXI,[/FONT]
X0118V1Upsel_Halo3_spacer.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for taking us up on our Halo® 3 offer by purchasing a new Xbox 360® console and migrating your paid Xbox LIVE account on the original console to an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription. Your copy of Halo 3 will be arriving in the next 3 weeks, so be sure to keep an eye out for it!

In the meantime, go to Xbox LIVE Marketplace for all the hottest movies, demos, arcade games, and other content. We look forward to helping you take full advantage of your Xbox LIVE Gold membership—with the ultimate online multiplayer gaming service and features to support your growing community of friends and rivals.
[/FONT]
X0118V1Upsel_Halo3_imgn_10.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Xbox LIVE Team[/FONT]

im just wondering
***obviously if this should just be a thought it my head delete this***
is it possible to do this with just buying a new 360?

scratch that sorry didnt read the thread.

Despite the lack of e-mail, XBLA support said mine shipped yesterday and should be arriving shortly...

Now to see if I also got the 4 free XBLA games (doubtful)...

I used my BB warranty in Nov to switch my pro for an elite and signed up for this in the hopes I would qualify with the new serial. Happy to say my copy of halo 3 arrived yesterday. Makes my 3rd copy. Now I have original, LE, and legendary. Spent a total of 100$ for all 3 games. :)

i got mine in the mail yesterday too. i didn't meet the requirements and was surprised when i got it. i was like wtf, why do i have a new copy of halo 3 being sent to me?

It's just in a bubbler mailer with no indication that its from microsoft, pretty sweet though.

now where to get rid of it, any suggestions?

Wow I haven't received my Halo 3 yet nor an email...Considering I met all the requirements and did this legit, I will be pissed if I don't get my copy.

[quote name='sandrockgundam219']i got mine in the mail yesterday too. i didn't meet the requirements and was surprised when i got it. i was like wtf, why do i have a new copy of halo 3 being sent to me?

It's just in a bubbler mailer with no indication that its from microsoft, pretty sweet though.

now where to get rid of it, any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Got mines of Friday, didn't expect it to arrive so soon.

If you try selling it off ebay, i'd say you'd get atleast $25 not including your shipping fee.

edit: nvm its $25 at gamestop, I'll just wait abit longer and hope for another 30% trade in bonus

I got my copy on Friday (servers were down so I couldn't post).
Nothing special in terms of packaging...no letter from MS, and only says XBOX above your address.
img3459smallzm2.jpg

Oh and while the email said 2-3 weeks or whatever, it took only like 5 or so days to get it after the notice.

Got mine yesterday as well. I took it to gamestop with the receipt from when I bought it a month ago on Half.com for $26 and traded it for Burnout Paradise.

[quote name='babylonian007']I didn't meet the requirements, but signed up anyway and was surprised as hell to see the e-mail in my inbox last week. What are the chances of me actually getting it?[/QUOTE]

Same here, I wasn't expecting it but I'm getting a copy of Halo 3

I used my old Xbox "generated" gamertag that I migrated to my 360 which that profiles LIVE time just expired in January, but I used the new serial number from a replacement 360 I received in August. The previous 360/serial number was registered in December 2006 not Dec 2007, lol.

[quote name='yukine']Damn, how did I miss this thread? I qualified but now the deal has already expired.[/QUOTE]

I qualified and missed it as well but the page is still up so I put all my info in....lets see how this goes!

Didn't get one but, I transferred my account once before and wanted to see if I could still get it. No worries here, I was planning on trading it in as most of you guys mentioned and I don't like this game to begin with. Halo 2 FTW!

[quote name='mcginnis']Didn't get one but, I transferred my account once before and wanted to see if I could still get it. No worries here, I was planning on trading it in as most of you guys mentioned and I don't like this game to begin with. Halo 2Halo:CE FTW![/quote]

Fixed

Never bothered buying Halo 3 cause Halo 2 was meh to me (Halo was awesome though) and thought why not try it.... qualified somehow and got mine today!!!

Had two copies both show up at my parent's address. Maybe I have my 360 registered there? Because I certainly don't live there but randomly things from MS will show up there. And I have no idea why I got two copies.

i just decided to give it a shot since the page is still up. how long did it take for you to get the e-mail after you registered?

[quote name='valor19']Had two copies both show up at my parent's address. Maybe I have my 360 registered there? Because I certainly don't live there but randomly things from MS will show up there. And I have no idea why I got two copies.[/QUOTE]

I checked my P.O. box today and I got two copies. I have no idea why, I just registered once.

I got mine today! I thought I was getting a rare copy of Shooter Blu-Ray because I ordered at Half.com and it coming from MN. I guess I'm gonna sell it on eBay cuz I don't have my XBox 360 anymore :(

I've called customer service like three times but to no avail. They said there is another shipment and I should be getting mine by the 15th, which I think is a load of bull considering I didn't receive an email. Microsoft handled this promotion horribly

haven't received mine yet :(

i bought Halo 3 from Best Buy for $40 the other day, but am hoping i can return that when my free copy arrives. if it arrives.

bread's done
Back