Halo 3 FREE from microsoft with purchase of 360

kjauburn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.camp=Games&WText.campSrc=RSS

Read the Requirements Below! New Live Account and purchase made between 11/21 and 12/21.

UPDATED: WARNING THEY CHANGED THE REQUIREMENTS! Below is the orginal promotion posting from this morning. The site now states you have to be a original xbox owner with paid live account and convert to xbox live gold account after purchasing new 360. Why the hell are you going to offer a promotion to a small portion of leftover holdouts? Crazy...

Published November 16, 2007
If you're more than ready for Halo® 3, but still have an older console, here's the plan for you. Buy your Xbox 360® before December 21, 2007 and we will give you a copy of Halo 3*. Finish the fight in high definition, with new weapons and challenges. Join three friends in Campaign mode, or get an Xbox LIVE® Gold subscription for sixteen-person multiplayer action.
ilmH3_MP_TsavoHighway3p05.jpg

Free Halo 3? It doesn't get any better than that.
Here's How to Get Your Halo 3 Game
  1. Buy an Xbox 360 console by December 21.
  2. Connect to Xbox LIVE.
  3. Register HERE with promotional code XBX7777, your new console serial number, and a valid mailing address.
  4. And look for your copy of Halo 3 for Xbox 360 in your mailbox!
Get Halo 3 free. Buy your Xbox 360 today!
(*Online offer valid in the 50 United States, D.C., and all United States military bases with valid APO/FPO bases. Offer expires 23:59 hr (PST) December 21, 2007. You must purchase a new Xbox 360 system between November 21, 2007, and December 21, 2007, establish a new Xbox LIVE Account, then register on the promotion website on or before December 21, 2007. Hard drive, Windows Live™ ID, and high speed Internet access required for Xbox LIVE account. (See Xbox LIVE system requirements at www.xbox.com/live.) Limit: one offer submission per person. Xbox 360 Halo 3 game will be fulfilled through mail by January 18, 2008. Fulfillment requires a valid mailing address. Not combinable with other Microsoft offers or rebates. Proof of purchase required.)

[quote name='GundamFan']I've called customer service like three times but to no avail. They said there is another shipment and I should be getting mine by the 15th, which I think is a load of bull considering I didn't receive an email. Microsoft handled this promotion horribly[/quote]

Just because they shipped yours late doesn't mean they handled it horribly. This happens to other people all the time, so deal with it. This was free by the way, they didn't have to do this you know?

I agree that they handled the promotion badly - as evidenced by the switch in requirements, multiple copies being sent to single addresses and general miscommunication about the promotion to XBLA support.

However, I think they have gotten things under control at this point. People are getting copies, shipping isn't instantaneous. Be patient, if support says it's coming, I'm sure it actually is.

Dragunz is right - it IS free... And a great deal.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Just because they shipped yours late doesn't mean they handled it horribly. This happens to other people all the time, so deal with it. This was free by the way, they didn't have to do this you know?[/quote]

Oh, it goes way beyond just shipping delays. This promo was a disaster, and even the customer service reps who I've spoken with agree. A couple of them have told me that they had to plead for weeks with management to get them some consistent answers to give to the people who were calling.

I've been jerked around by this for almost a month now - multiple calls and still no idea whether I've got anything coming. The first several times I called, no one even had any idea what the promo was - I had to spell the web address for the promo out letter by letter for the first two people I reached. Then I'd get transferred between XBL, billing and hardware customer service - no one knew whose responsibility this promo was. Once XBL finally decided that it was theirs, I was told something different by each person I spoke to, from "yours already shipped" to "there were shipping delays, you'll get it soon" to "it was limited time only and we ran out - you're not getting anything" to flat-out "you didn't qualify" (but couldn't tell me why - that's the one who really got me pissed about this). My favorite was "the website says you'll receive it in your mail today" even though my mail had already been delivered that day. I finally just yelled at one "The mailman's already been here today. He doesn't come back and forth to my house over and over on a given day because new pieces of mail show up. Do you have any idea how mail in America works?!?"

So I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth either, but this was a real pain because XBox customer "support" was totally unprepared to handle the promo that they put out there. As I had to explain to several of their tier 2 people, if you put it on your website, you'd better be ready to take care of it.

[quote name='CRAZYstarscream']I received my copy about a week after I got the email. I had registered under the original promotion. I'm surprised they honored it![/quote]

Ditto. I bought my 360 on Nov 9th. Surprised they honored my entry also. Guess they're being nice about it.

[quote name='GundamFan']ok to those of you that received your copies....Did any of you guys NOT receive an e-mail?[/quote]

this has already been discussed, a couple people did in fact reciave the game and not get an e-mail. if you qualified for the promo the best thing is to call the customer service and have them check to see if yours has been shipped yet.

I didn't mean to be a dick or anything, but I'm tired of people talking shit about Microsoft. Most of the people who say stuff about Microsoft barely even know what they're talking about. "Oh Sony's Blu Ray is better!" Who gives a flying fuck. HD is good enough for me. Also I don't see you're precious Sony and Nintendo doing promotions like this. I have all 3 systems but I'm not going to brag how one is better than the other.

[quote name='valor19']Had two copies both show up at my parent's address. Maybe I have my 360 registered there? Because I certainly don't live there but randomly things from MS will show up there. And I have no idea why I got two copies.[/quote]
can you send me one copy please :D

Got my copy about 2 weeks ago still never opened it. Having allready purchased the game two times I dont know if im going to keep this one or sell it. So yea this is the third copy I have owned, lol. Anyways whether your system is new or old register, I got my system on launch and Xbox Live and they still sent me a copy. :D

Still waiting here too - when I called support on Wednesday they said that if I didn't have it by the 15th I should call back... I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='nwfisk']Still waiting here too - when I called support on Wednesday they said that if I didn't have it by the 15th I should call back... I'm not holding my breath.[/quote]

same here. not really expecting anything in the mail tomorrow. looks like yet another call to xbox.

[quote name='TooShort4']Yep i called last week they said call if i dont have it by the 15th. if i dont get it today, guess il call again.[/quote]

yep, today is the 15th and no halo in sight. I called XBL and was put through to a supervisor who reviewed my account information, took down when I migrated my account, when I signed up for the offer and said that he would be escalating to the promotions department for them to follow up and to expect a phone call from them in about a week. My guess is that their records will indicate that I "didn't sign up" and it'll be my word vs theirs. Would have been nice for their system to send out confirmation replies that an offer was signed up for. Would be mighty handy right about now.

No Halo for me either - I'm about to call again now... I imagine I'll get the same treatment.

Update:

I appear to have gotten through to non-overseas support, which was a plus. However, they had not yet received an update on the issue since January, and I was fed the same "There has been a delay" line.

They did tell me that they would check to see if there was an update and send me an e-mail, and that I should call back if I don't have it by Wed. Apparently, only 25% of the orders have been fulfilled.

hmmm im pretty sure i got my copy of halo 3. i signed up the day after it expired and had forgetton about it and now it had just came today in a brown bubbler mailer from grand rapids mn anyone else get a copy from grand rapids mn.

[quote name='mattyg00013']Got my copy about 2 weeks ago still never opened it. Having allready purchased the game two times I dont know if im going to keep this one or sell it. So yea this is the third copy I have owned, lol. Anyways whether your system is new or old register, I got my system on launch and Xbox Live and they still sent me a copy. :D[/quote]

Interested in selling it?

A Halo 3 showed up at my door today....I don't remember signing up for this, but a free HALO 3 is nice. Did they include a packing slip at all? Mine was just in a plain mailer from MN. nice :)

[quote name='doubledown']A Halo 3 showed up at my door today....I don't remember signing up for this, but a free HALO 3 is nice. Did they include a packing slip at all? Mine was just in a plain mailer from MN. nice :)[/quote]

Same here. I was pretty confused when I opened up the package to see a sealed copy of Halo 3. I thought somebody sent me the wrong item on eBay at first since I'm waiting for stuff in the mail or that I had accidentally put something on my debit card I didn't mean to.

I do know that my console is an early era console so even if I did remember signing up for this offer, I'm surprised I qualified.

Yeah, I forget if I signed up or not. I did actually get a new 360 after this deal (got an Elite via the AMEX deal). Anyways, I'm happy I got an extra copy. I may give/sell to a friend pretty cheap.

A copy showed up at my house on Friday afternoon. I don't remember signing up for the free copy, and I didn't even meet the requirments (I upgraded to an elite from the pro system after the sign up period). But hey, i'll take it!

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Thanks guys. Went to Dadeland mall in Miami. I asked if they knew if the Pro system they had you could get the $30 mail in rebate (they didn't have any bundles, saying they had stopped carrying those). The lady said no, but in the end I figured I'd get it and try for the Halo 3 MIR.

As they scanned the guy was a bit weirded out that it came out for $19.99. Also the mail in rebate came out for both the 360 and Halo 3. The lady came back and said if I ever smiled, so I did and said it's a shame they didn't have any more bundles cause I'd like the games. She said they did have one more in the back, so I gave her a smile and she went and just brought me the games :D

Thanks again for posting this[/QUOTE]

Hmm I guess some threads were joined. Regardless I have a question to see if hopefully any of you CAGs could help me. I sent in for the rebate for the $40.00 for Halo 3 and the $30.00 rebate for the Xbox360 Pro from FYE.

It seems that my rebate for Halo 3 went through without a hitch, but they seem to not be taking the rebate for the 360. I am currently dealing with them through e-mails and this is what they sent

Thank you for your rebate inquiry. In order to provide you with accurate information, we need to know the promotion code or rebate offer for the second submission. The promotion code is located on the rebate form and starts with 05-, 06-, or 07- followed by five numbers. 07-59664 is an example of a promotion code.

Once we receive the promotion code for this offer, we can answer any questions you may have about the rebate.

Unfortunately I just moved recently (about a month ago) and I can't find the copy of the rebate receipt. Do any of you CAGs have yours and able to help me out? Sent a PM or answer here. It would really be appreciated so I can get this settled. Thank you guys! :)

bread's done
Back