Halo 3 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Just wondering, do we all get credit for the skulls if we play co-op or just the person who finds it?[/QUOTE]
You all get credit. I'd be down for some Legendary co-op sometime, my GT is 'AmmoWasted.'

[quote name='ammowasted']You all get credit. I'd be down for some Legendary co-op sometime, my GT is 'AmmoWasted.'[/QUOTE]
nice thanks.
I got my 1st skull. Got the mythic one. Had no idea what it was doing but thought it was a good effect since I finished the level w/ it. Saved my ammo and just beat the flood by using the skull on them. It was only after that I found out what it did. lol

Soda Popinski, one of his friends, and I have setup a game Tuesday night at 9:30 Eastern. Message one of us as we have room for one more player.

Hey, I beat Halo 3, watched the credits and ending vid afterwards and got no achievement for beating the game. Played entire game on heroic and didn't get heroic or normal achievement, what gives or what did I do wrong?

[quote name='mercilessming']Hey, I beat Halo 3, watched the credits and ending vid afterwards and got no achievement for beating the game. Played entire game on heroic and didn't get heroic or normal achievement, what gives or what did I do wrong?[/QUOTE]
Did you watch the cutscene at the beginning of the game?

[quote name='Nebenator']Did you watch the cutscene at the beginning of the game?[/QUOTE]

I must not have because as soon as I went to levels "The Arrival" was not marked as completde and I started it and once it was done got my "2 for 250g", Thanks after the right keyword search on Google finally ran into others that either in haste or whatever skipped the opening movie.

[quote name='mercilessming']I must not have because as soon as I went to levels "The Arrival" was not marked as completde and I started it and once it was done got my "2 for 250g", Thanks after the right keyword search on Google finally ran into others that either in haste or whatever skipped the opening movie.[/QUOTE]
No problem; it's a common mistake.

So I haven't really been paying attention to the whole ODST thing and was wondering something, will the new maps be downloadable or can you only get them with ODST?

[quote name='life.exe']So I haven't really been paying attention to the whole ODST thing and was wondering something, will the new maps be downloadable or can you only get them with ODST?[/QUOTE]

I haven't read anything specific regarding that, but if Halo Wars was any indication... I assume that they will take the same path and leave it "exclusive" to ODST for a month or two before putting it up on the marketplace for purchase.

That was my understanding of it as well. Not sure when, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it is supposed to hit the marketplace some time.

The only thing that's different between the ODST maps and the Halo Wars maps is that the HW maps were a download a d the ODST maps will be on their own disc.

Wow so I'm also late to the party, but popped in Halo 3 for the first time in 4+ months...

WTF did they do to the multiplayer experience? I'm not talking balancing or glitching or anything like that. I'm talking about the simple fact you have to pay for all the DLC just to play many social and ranked match types. Whats up with that?

I guess It's going to work though in the long run, as my friend who had no interest in ODST now is going to buy it because he wants to be able to play all the game types and would rather buy ODST then pay for all the DLC I guess.

After a few months of owning a copy then giving it a whirl before writing it off I finally decided to give it a second chance and managed to beat it yesterday. Fairly decent experience overall so I will definitely check the prior installments out and possibly buy ODST. If anyone is still looking to bang out a Legendary play through then let me know. Since this was my first Halo game Hardcore was an utter bitch to beat on my own, but now I've more or less got an average hold of this game's mechanics so you won't have to worry about me doing anything extremely retarded.

I vastly prefer CoD4 as a single-player experience, but I largely prefer H3 as a multiplayer experience. I'm hoping the single-player of ODST satisfies me the same way I KNOW the multiplayer experience will.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow so I'm also late to the party, but popped in Halo 3 for the first time in 4+ months...

WTF did they do to the multiplayer experience? I'm not talking balancing or glitching or anything like that. I'm talking about the simple fact you have to pay for all the DLC just to play many social and ranked match types. Whats up with that?

I guess It's going to work though in the long run, as my friend who had no interest in ODST now is going to buy it because he wants to be able to play all the game types and would rather buy ODST then pay for all the DLC I guess.[/QUOTE]

If you plan on picking up Halo ODST you'll get a 2nd disc with all the DLC maps included, so you'll be good to go.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']I vastly prefer CoD4 as a single-player experience, but I largely prefer H3 as a multiplayer experience. I'm hoping the single-player of ODST satisfies me the same way I KNOW the multiplayer experience will.[/QUOTE]
I am with you. I hope at least ODST single player and firefight hold me over until MW2 comes out.

Hello, I wasnt sure if I should start my own thread for this or just post it here. I am trying to beat Halo 3 on legendary and its just not happening for me, so I thought I would give co-op a try. I'm trying to get the skulls aswell so any help with these would be appreciated. My xbl is Aloysius Zero, fr me if you want to play.

I have a hard time getting into Halo. Probably my largest frustration stems from the fact that I will be drilling someone in the head with a BR from decent range and then they turn and shoot me once with a BR and I am dead, after having full shields and all.

[quote name='kylerg']I have a hard time getting into Halo. Probably my largest frustration stems from the fact that I will be drilling someone in the head with a BR from decent range and then they turn and shoot me once with a BR and I am dead, after having full shields and all.[/QUOTE]

Common complaint and it happens to everyone. What happens is the opponent drains your shields first requiring only a shot or two to the head for the kill. This can be done by shooting the body first, hitting you with a grenade first or using alien weapons to drain the shield and switching to the battle rifle. It's most effectively done with the Plasma Pistol + Battle Rifle and is more commonly known as the "Noob Combo."

I'm thinking about actually using my copy of Halo 3 (saw the collectors edition at CC so I bit for my collection).

Any tips on the online? I'm planning on going through the single player campaign before I hit online, but I'm not sure if that's enough.

halo requires you to run up and punch people unlike 90% of others fps games.

the rock paper scissors of gun, grenade, and melee has to be considered when approaching other combatants.

[quote name='jonathanp']I'm thinking about actually using my copy of Halo 3 (saw the collectors edition at CC so I bit for my collection).

Any tips on the online? I'm planning on going through the single player campaign before I hit online, but I'm not sure if that's enough.[/QUOTE]

Don't use your mic so you cant here all the high pitched voices letting out an endless stream of cuss words/racial comments/and stories about them and your mother.

Huge bump... Halo 2 wasn't my first online game, but it was by far my most played. I played it from January 23rd, 2005, shortly after I got Live, till December 2006 when I got my 360. I only played Halo 3 extensively for about 4 months, till I got COD4.

I got ODST last fall and thus acquired all the maps, but due to ADHD and buying lots of other games, I have neglected Halo. So would anyone want to play in the coming 12 days or so before the Reach beta hits?

bread's done
Back