Halo 3 LE 39.99 + shipping

If it had free shipping I would have bit on it. I've been waiting for $30 on this game, but I would bumped in an extra 10 for the bonus disks. The helmet is actually more of a turn off to me than anything. I'd have to find some place to store it, which would be a pain.

[quote name='rs600cubed']Atleast shipping is under $3![/quote]

I thought it said it was $10? Huh, you're right, it's $3. In the description it says $10. I'll have to think about this one...

Score. In for 2 -- one for me, and one for my brother in law that I just bought a 360 for. I'm so excited; I've been waiting for Halo 3 to drop....and the LE? FTW!

Honestly, unless your an avid collector you really aren't getting much of a deal on this. They are barely going for that price on ebay. Now if your just wanting the game, newegg has just the game for 36.99 shipped. I think LE and CE are overly priced and overly hyped.

[quote name='sobishop']Honestly, unless your an avid collector you really aren't getting much of a deal on this. They are barely going for that price on ebay. Now if your just wanting the game, newegg has just the game for 36.99 shipped. I think LE and CE are overly priced and overly hyped.[/quote]

I agree on the helmet, it's pretty dumb. However, the bonus dvd's seem interesting to me for a few extra bucks.

Nice deal, Halo 3 rocks, I jumped on it.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='sobishop']Honestly, unless your an avid collector you really aren't getting much of a deal on this. They are barely going for that price on ebay. Now if your just wanting the game, newegg has just the game for 36.99 shipped. I think LE and CE are overly priced and overly hyped.[/quote]

The shipping on this makes it a good deal; plus, if you're interested in the bonus items then it's a good deal +1. Plus, this is new & sealed, good deal +2.

[quote name='charlescheese']I agree on the helmet, it's pretty dumb. However, the bonus dvd's seem interesting to me for a few extra bucks.[/quote]You can probably find the bonus DVD content on the internet. I would go with the regular edition just to save the few bucks.

Did I need it? NO
Was I really badly wanting it? NO
But come on. When it's only about $10 more than I will make on ebay for my used copy?
I Just had to jump on it.

not really feelin halo and im definately considering it, and for charles cheese im sure you could sell the helmet on ebay and recoop at least the shipping no doubt no need to store it

I want my damn helmet. I bit.

Considering helmets alone on eBay usually get to about $40, I can just flip the game and still get my helmet.

WOAH! Hold up! Remember to buy through Live Search cashback! Just go to http://search.live.com/cashback, type in Halo Legendary, click the $39 one. Newegg will be the first retailer. You'll save $1.10...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I would have joined CAG sooner then I wouldn't have had to spend $125 on this like a moron. Then I joined CAG and now I'm looking back asking "Why was I such a moron?"

[quote name='A Town Home Boi']Great deal! Unlike everyone else I like the helmet. Id show it off :bouncy:[/quote]

The helmet is the only reason, why I would get this game.

Holy crap.
The box they sent this in is literally 3 times as big as the legendary set.
I was thinking they accidentally ship 3 of them. Nope. They just shipped it in a HUGE box. Oh well. At least I got one.

Even though I already have halo 3, I bit on this. I just want that damn helmet, and that game holder thing looks cool too.

I already have the CE, but I want the helmet . . . decisions decisions.

Does the LE come with the book that the CE has?

Wow, this is very tempting. So tempting that I just ordered it. Thanks for the heads up!

BTW, when's that expansion pack going to be released?

Its funny that places still have these in stock.. $46 is a really good deal. I'd be all over this if I didn't already have one.

I had to laugh.
Tonight I got home, and my wife had put a baseball cap on the helmet, along with an american flag bandana around the neck.
We both admit it's a very geeky thing to have.
It is sitting in my entertainment center.

[quote name='Cheapass24']if u have a circuit city near you, it's $28[/quote]

I have seen it at a few CCs near me, and it hasn't reached $28 yet, at least not the last time I checked. Discounts are taken from the $59.99 price point, so to be $28, it would have to have reached 53% off, which is a pretty strange percentage for them.

i have to admit - i sort of wanted this - and only for the helmet.

but then i got that 12 inch master chief during the holidays and THAT pretty much took care of my desire for the helmet. the 12 inch figure is awesome! and it's more than just the helmet.

now i just want the game -- have a HUGE backlog so i'll wait til I can pick up just the game for

[quote name='romeogbs19']i have to admit - i sort of wanted this - and only for the helmet.

but then i got that 12 inch master chief during the holidays and THAT pretty much took care of my desire for the helmet. the 12 inch figure is awesome! and it's more than just the helmet.

now i just want the game -- have a HUGE backlog so i'll wait til I can pick up just the game for

[quote name='variance']You can't wear a 12 inch Master Chief. You can wear the helmet.[/quote]

I thought the helmet was not quite big enough to be worn though?

[quote name='charlescheese']I thought the helmet was not quite big enough to be worn though?[/quote]

I received mine last week, and I can assure you that it is not possible to wear the helmet.

At least, not without modding it. Even then, though, it would be tough.

I bought this edition and sold thse sealed copy of the game on ebay for $45.xx. I will keep the helmet in my collection.

bread's done
Back