Halo 3 Map Packs - Legendary 160 MS Points, Mythic 400 Points on XBL

bigredvan14

CAGiversary!
For those that haven't bought either all the Halo 3 map packs or Halo 3: ODST, some of the older map pack prices have been reduced on Xbox Live.

The Legendary Map pack is 160 Microsoft Points, and the first Mythic Map Pack is 400 Points.

Marketplace Link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307e6/?of=3

Mythic II is still 800 points, but if you're planning on buying ODST solely for the maps, this will save you a few bucks.

Bahhh, wish Mythic 2 would go on sale. I already have the first 2 :/ and I'd pay 400 for it, but not 800...especially with Reach around the corner..hey-o.

[quote name='playing mantis']ODST came out before Mythic II, I don't think those maps are on the disc...could be wrong, I don't play Halo.[/QUOTE]

Mythic 2 came out after ODST as a way of trying to justify the ridiculous 60 dollar price tag. "mythic" map pack was supposed to be one DLC with 6 maps, but MS had bungie break it up into two map packs. So that had to release them separate and not even mention a "mythic 2" map pack.

Stupid people went out and bought ODST at MSRP thinking that was the only way they would ever get to play the maps. But of course the mythic 2 map pack came out a few months after ODST came out.

I originally wanted to just sell my mythic disc as soon as I bought ODST (and wait for a marketplace release) to justify the cost, but since I got a good deal on amazon for ODST and no place would take just the mythic disc alone, I kept it.

[quote name='lordopus99']Weren't these moved to their new prices a couple months back?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They adjusted these prices a longggg time ago. Not really deal worthy considering you should be putting that money towards REACH!!!!

[quote name='Jon Bon']Yes. They adjusted these prices a longggg time ago. Not really deal worthy considering you should be putting that money towards REACH!!!![/QUOTE]
This. With Reach 15 days away I doubt anyone is going to spend $10-15 on maps for a game that will become obsolete afterwards. Microsoft is just pulling a last minute marketing ploy to get all the money out of Halo 3 before they move on.

[quote name='Master Troll']This. With Reach 15 days away I doubt anyone is going to spend $10-15 on maps for a game that will become obsolete afterwards. Microsoft is just pulling a last minute marketing ploy to get all the money out of Halo 3 before they move on.[/QUOTE]
You're kidding right? No way in hell will Halo 3 be obsolete after Reach drops.:rofl: Just look at COD4 and how many people still play that. Not everyone will be able to afford Reach at launch and those will still be playing H3.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You're kidding right? No way in hell will Halo 3 be obsolete after Reach drops.:rofl: Just look at COD4 and how many people still play that. Not everyone will be able to afford Reach at launch and those will still be playing H3.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the dedicated players that played Halo 2 online for weeks after Microsoft closed down Live support for the original Xbox.

[quote name='Nico0020']Mythic 2 came out after ODST as a way of trying to justify the ridiculous 60 dollar price tag. "mythic" map pack was supposed to be one DLC with 6 maps, but MS had bungie break it up into two map packs. So that had to release them separate and not even mention a "mythic 2" map pack.

Stupid people went out and bought ODST at MSRP thinking that was the only way they would ever get to play the maps. But of course the mythic 2 map pack came out a few months after ODST came out.

I originally wanted to just sell my mythic disc as soon as I bought ODST (and wait for a marketplace release) to justify the cost, but since I got a good deal on amazon for ODST and no place would take just the mythic disc alone, I kept it.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that, it just made more sense to get ODST where you got everything in one swoop. You have to remember at the time, it would have cost $30 for 3 sets of maps, which is absurd for people who didn't dl any prior(I know I was hoping they would be free eventually like they did with Halo 2). Also you got every title update on disc which is nice for people like me who clear their cache every now and then.

And to the guy who said Halo 3 will become obsolete when Reach comes out, I lol at you. Halo Reach has a slightly different approach in terms of how it's played in mp wise vs in Halo 3. Much more of a difference between the last 3 COD games, that's for sure, and those 3 are still in the top 5-6 most plated xbl games.

bread's done
Back