Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']K anyone up for tomorrow night?
I'm game after 8EST.

I'm game for the Endure or vidmaster achievements.[/QUOTE]

I cant be on until about 930est but im open after that.

[quote name='paz9x']I cant be on until about 930est but im open after that.[/QUOTE]
ya I'm not gonna be here too long it seems...
we'll have to do this another time I guess then...

sorry man ive got a meeting until then.
message me or add me on live. it completely sucks havign so much trouble just tryign to play a game.

alright, looks like im free. ill be on in a few minutes.

whats your xbl?

any of you that wanna play just fr me on live.

yeah sorry man. im having issues. my cats chewed through 6 standard headsets a few days ago and i ordered the ax180's and i couldnt get them to work, thought it was the controller and ended up trying to play with my kids micro controller which was not awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will friend request you guys. My mic is broken and I am expecting one in the mail on monday. If you don't mind a no mic'er I'll be glad to help.

[quote name='chickenboybryan']looking for fire fight team mates let me know on xbox live[/QUOTE]
Sorry for dieing all the time. I think we def. need more than 2 people though.
[quote name='paz9x']yeah sorry man. im having issues. my cats chewed through 6 standard headsets a few days ago and i ordered the ax189's and i couldnt get them to work, thought it was the controller and ended up trying to play with my kids micro controller which was not awesome.[/QUOTE]
Not too worry man.

I totally suck, but i've not played halo in a while... I need to practice some more...

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Sorry for dieing all the time. I think we def. need more than 2 people though.

Not too worry man.

I totally suck, but i've not played halo in a while... I need to practice some more...[/QUOTE]

no worries, thats the first time ive played in a good while. the first time ive gone back to firefight since before thanksgiving probably.

my ax180's are indeed broken so im sending them back. I have no idea what im going to order to replace them. might go back to the 720's I wish they just made a quality headset for chat.

anyway. fr me. id LOVE to have a few guys to play firefight.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I think I had my mic on mute the entire time and didn't even notice it... lol
OMG... i think thats all that was "broken" with it. lol[/QUOTE]

haha
well i think im getting my brother on tonight for an endure run we need 1-2 more.
i picked up another headset today. i havent tried it yet but hopefully it works.

so it shows I have a headset I have voice output set to come out bothe speaker and headset. it isnt muted. the screen shows I have a headset but I cant hear voices through the headset and it doesnt register that im talking.

ive tried a lot of headsets and 3 controllers. very annoying.

[quote name='paz9x']so it shows I have a headset I have voice output set to come out bothe speaker and headset. it isnt muted. the screen shows I have a headset but I cant hear voices through the headset and it doesnt register that im talking.

ive tried a lot of headsets and 3 controllers. very annoying.[/QUOTE]
don't worry about it. just divide up the areas before hand. If anything I'll be the 1 asking for help. lol
Although if I get a ghost I'm good to go :D

Well lets try to set this up again...
I could start to play as late as 11est, but anymore than that and we're playing till 3am which is much too late for me...

good christ that looks awful. Halo 3 MP was complete garbage compared to H2...and somehow they made it worse.

IDK how the weapon balances work, since that was the biggest problem with H3 IMO (what's up over powered AR and shit-ass BR outside of MLG settings (4 shots FTW) but fucking jetpacks? Rolling? C'mon.

[quote name='seanr1221']Jetpacks and rolling? It's like Perfect Dark Zero!

Except this looks fun.[/QUOTE]

Or rather: jetpacks and loadouts = Tribes.

Looks like it could either be epically fun, or the biggest flop ever. I have faith in Bungie's ability to balance their multiplayer portions of games, even if it requires them to backtrack on a couple of new features at a later date.

I just want to get killed by the guardians in a redux of Terminal. I'm almost impressed that Bungie doesn't milk us for more map packs, even though I wish they did.

[quote name='e Skrilla']If I buy a used copy of odst, will I still get in the beta? Please PM with answer. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes. It is activated by the CD itself.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
IDK how the weapon balances work, since that was the biggest problem with H3 IMO (what's up over powered AR and shit-ass BR outside of MLG settings (4 shots FTW) but fucking jetpacks? Rolling? C'mon.[/QUOTE]

that was by far the biggest issue I had with the game.

At around :35 a ghost looks like it is taken out by a guy just standing there. Does anyone know what is going on there, or am I just seeing things?

Edit : Also, does anyone else think Invasion is just the new version of Firefight??

I get the feeling Invasion is 6 v. 6+AI

I don't understand why they need to incorporate Fight Night and rolling into Halo, though.

*Rolls
*Stands up to realize you rolled onto a sticky grenade
*BOOM!

[quote name='KingBroly']I get the feeling Invasion is 6 v. 6+AI

I don't understand why they need to incorporate Fight Night and rolling into Halo, though.

*Rolls
*Stands up to realize you rolled onto a sticky grenade
*BOOM![/QUOTE]

Couple of things to address here.

The "fight night" thing has been confirmed to be optional. If you hold down the beat down button, it will go into the long winded animation. If you just tap it, it will do the same thing as previous games.

I see a lot of people complaining about rolling, but I don't see it as a bad thing. Lets look at the past 2 Halo's, where the BR was the dominant weapon. A majority of the battles boiled down to having 3 shots of the BR land on the guys body, and then one shot to the head, with the only evasive tactics being a) jump or b) strafe. But now you can also add in a c) roll, which essentially ducks your head and lets you get to cover without letting the other person get that crucial headshot on you. Yes, I know, the BR hasn't been confirmed yet, but the pistol has, so my point remains valid.

As for jetpacks, they aren't all that different from having the portable gravity lift.

bread's done
Back