Halo 3: ODST - Gen. Discussion & Info

I'm ready to play right now if anyone wants to

EDIT: It's already 10 pm EST. anyone want to play now?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing rock band at the moment, but if you guys get a 4th, go ahead and message me. I'll try to finish up the set I'm on then if it seems like I'm slow to respond.

Alright I just got on, gt is xI BaCkFiR3 Ix if anyone doesn't know.

edit: guess not tonight...

About my work schedule, I do believe I have an update. Was talking to Ken, and supposedly his last day is Wednesday, so I'll be working this weekend (so friday / saturday night isn't good for me past 8pm EST), but after this, I should be available whenever, at least until I get a new job (whenever that may be).

Got this from Goozex today, so I'd be up for some firefight sometime. My schedule is a bit hectic, but I'll keep an eye on this thread for the next planned game night etc.

Monday night works good for me too, gotta work tonight so won't be available til after midnight EST. I'd like to get them done too, seems we keep having groups of 3 with no 4th to give it a legitimate shot(we tried with 3 one night and it just wasn't doable for the achievements.)

I'm up for a late night tonight. I'll be on in minutes...

edit - I'm up for any firefight except for sec. zone or alpha site...

I'm on right now, waiting in a lobby. cyberduelist, I just sent a friend request. Even if we could get three players and get one achievement tonight, I would consider that a victory. Anyone else???

Won't be available until later, unsure when. Homerun Derby is tonight, starts in an hour.

I also forgot, but the All-Star game itself is tomorrow, so unsure when I'll be around then as well.

I'm on now, will stay on for the next two hours or so to see if a group of 4 of us show up. Feel free to message me/add me if you haven't on xbox too. XBL name is Typical Knave.

Sorry that I wasn't available tonight. I worked early but had things to do in the evening. I'm free all day tomorrow , and thursday I should be free as well.

Game just ended and going to jump in the shower quick.

But a job update. Turns out I'll be doing the route temporarily every day now. Should only last a week or two though. So late nights won't be doable past wednesday.

The Halo 3 map packs are getting a price drop "next week". Mythic will be 400 MS points, Legendary will be 160 MS points, and some new Avatar Gear up on July 22nd

feel free to hit me up if any of you need an extra player for campaign or firefight, I'm on a lot. (if you see me playing another game just shoot me an inv. and I'll hop on)

Halo 3 thread was buried so I'll post this here. I'm 74/79 achievements in Halo 3 and am looking for at least one person to help me get these last multiplayer ones completed. I need "Alas, Poor Yorick" (3 oddball melee kills on legendary map), "Post Mortem" (2 death from the grave medals), "... Get the Horns" (bulltrue on mythic map) and "Killtacular" (killtacular on any mythic map). I need Vidmaster Annual as well.

Hmm, I guess most of those will require a near full game of people willing to help out. Just pm me here or on XBL and let's set something up, I'm willing to help with out multiplayer achievements as well.

And before I forget, if anyone is doing firefight in ODST or Endure, Send me an invite because I still need a ton of those achievements.

If we can get a group started in the next hour and a half, I'm down, but working nights will make it difficult for the next couple days. I should be available whenever again after Tuesday though.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Halo 3 thread was buried so I'll post this here. I'm 74/79 achievements in Halo 3 and am looking for at least one person to help me get these last multiplayer ones completed. I need "Alas, Poor Yorick" (3 oddball melee kills on legendary map), "Post Mortem" (2 death from the grave medals), "... Get the Horns" (bulltrue on mythic map) and "Killtacular" (killtacular on any mythic map). I need Vidmaster Annual as well.

Hmm, I guess most of those will require a near full game of people willing to help out. Just pm me here or on XBL and let's set something up, I'm willing to help with out multiplayer achievements as well.

And before I forget, if anyone is doing firefight in ODST or Endure, Send me an invite because I still need a ton of those achievements.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably be willing to help out with the Halo 3 multiplayer achievements since I missing several myself. But like you said for it to go most smoothly we'd probably need more people (but maybe not for all of them). As a side note , if you don't mind Grifball , that's a really good way to get "Get the Horns" and "Killtacular". That's how I got both of mine.:)

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']So anyone still up for ODST?
Seemed it just sort of died... lol[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JStryke']If we can get a group started in the next hour and a half, I'm down, but working nights will make it difficult for the next couple days. I should be available whenever again after Tuesday though.[/QUOTE]

I'm up for something later , but got dinner and some plans right now. Sorry. Won't be free again till sunday (two more nights in a row).

I didn't mean to let it die, I just lost interest in trying to get things together since every time we set up no one seems to show. I am still down for getting these Achievements but I think we need a better time for all, seems like it's been hard to get people on at the same time. I will add the newer folks from this thread on live tonight to help facilitate making things work though.

any ideas on a good night this weekend? 9/10 pm seemed to be the time most folks were best able to meet before, has that changed?

This weekend won't be good for me (after 8pm for the reason mentioned in my last post). But after Tuesday (as far as I know), I'll be good anytime as I'll no longer be doing the paper route.

[quote name='StarKnightX']I'd probably be willing to help out with the Halo 3 multiplayer achievements since I missing several myself. But like you said for it to go most smoothly we'd probably need more people (but maybe not for all of them). As a side note , if you don't mind Grifball , that's a really good way to get "Get the Horns" and "Killtacular". That's how I got both of mine.:)

I'm up for something later , but got dinner and some plans right now. Sorry. Won't be free again till sunday (two more nights in a row).[/QUOTE]
I'm good with Halo 3. I'm missing a TON of achievements.
What do you have in mind?
[quote name='WTPolaris']I didn't mean to let it die, I just lost interest in trying to get things together since every time we set up no one seems to show. I am still down for getting these Achievements but I think we need a better time for all, seems like it's been hard to get people on at the same time. I will add the newer folks from this thread on live tonight to help facilitate making things work though.

any ideas on a good night this weekend? 9/10 pm seemed to be the time most folks were best able to meet before, has that changed?[/QUOTE]
I'm good this weekend.
JOb hunting is taking up a lot of time, thats the problem.
Let me know whats going on. I can play this weekend though.

I could do 8, maybe 9, but not anything past that.

Scratch that. There's been this thing I've been meaning to catch on tv lately and didn't know they replayed it at 9, so I'm doing that and taking my pre-work nap.

I will leave it up to one of you guys to pick a time this time, I seem to keep setting up times that don't work for anyone!

That being said, I would prefer a Wed/Thu this week, if possible. If not, that's okay too, I just won't be available til late after work.

Another update. Apparently I'll be stuck with this route a little longer than I thought. Most likely to at least the end of the weak. I can start a match at 8pm EST or so, but not much later than that for the time being.

bread's done
Back