Halo 3 Spartan 360 controller high res pics. warning 56k

jakehoss

CAGiversary!
i wanted to see pics online of the controllers before i bought one, but all i could find was shitty res images. so here they are fellow cags in case any one else wanted to see them up close before droppin the 60 fuck 'n bones. also included is a pic of the figure thats included. I originally thought the artwork was to cartoony but after seeing it i decided it was bad ass, not to mention the controller has a very nice high gloss finish that feels great. Im very happy with my purchase.

controllerc.jpg

controllerl.jpg

controllerr.jpg

chieffigure.jpg

[quote name='darthbudge']Damn that is one nice controller. However I will probably not get it because of the price.[/QUOTE]

completely understandable.

[quote name='panasonic']are there pictures of the second controller?[/QUOTE]

Naw i only bought This one, so could only take pics of this one. but the other one sucks anyway, fuck the covenant.

Meh I can't stand gloss if I were to replace my controller it would be with one of those black clear shells but then i'd have to redo the d-pad mod and that took a shit load of time.

um....no thanks. we got those in today at work, and i ripped open the box like the nintendo 64 kid, and was very sad when i saw it.

they only sent that one actually, i wanna see the other covenant one before i make a final decision on these.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Can I have a Halo 3 controller that doesn't look like a toy?[/QUOTE]
Sure. It costs $399, but it comes with a free 360.

ilmhalo3console.jpg

I was talking along the lines of a sweet Halo 3 controller, that didnt look like a toy, and not the standard one in the Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I was talking along the lines of a sweet Halo 3 controller, that didnt look like a toy, and not the standard one in the Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
i don't see how designs/pictures on a controller can not look like a toy. it just never looks good to me. honestly, i'd prefer the puke green.

Can you take a pic of the figure next to the controller so we have a sense of scale as to how big it might be?

I've got to say, theres about 100% more purple on that controller than I would have put on it had I designed it...

I agree with whoever said that the coloring is to purple. Any one of the artists from the graphic novel would have done something better, but Mcfarlane is a known name i guess. Spawn sucks. The figure stands 3" tall.

To the OP: does the DPAD work any better than on the original controller with XBLA games like Frogger and Street Fighter 2?

sorry to bump guys, but the covenant edition hit shelves today, and i must say myself that they are BEAUTIFUL. i gushed all over it, so typically, i got one.

My manager got one from the GS convention in vegas (every manager that went got one) so i bought his for $30 :D

ill post pics in the morn when im less tired, i love the fucking shit of it.

reminds me of the those 70's van paint jobs that look tacky as hell. they should have done something more sleek or abstract rather than slap an illustration on it.

Anyone know about the rarity of the "black" version of the Spartan figure in the pack?
I was at Target yesterday and they had just put out a convenant version in a retaped package for $42. Bought that on impulse then noticed one of the last two SE controllers with the Black Vs Green Spartan.
Any info would be appreciated.
Bottom corners of this packaged were a bit damaged, but I bought it also.

I was about to buy that controller, but looking at that price, fuck that...

Even the faceplate...it's $30 frakking dollars

Found one of these last night at Target.
Looked through at least a hundred at various stores before finding the Black Spartan figure (packed with the Halo 3 controller).

Any info - productions numbers, rarity, etc. would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

GUYS! sorry to bump the thread but i just felt the need to say this:

this controller, makes your hand sweat harder than a 10-yr-old asian boy making nikes.

i have never, NEVER had a problem with my hands sweating before this thing, and i hate it. i hate it to the point that I do not use it, ever, which pisses me off, cuz i dont want that money to be lost.

so here is my proposal, im about to start a thread in the game trading forums, asking for a BLACK 360 controller with or without the battery pack. so if any of yall would like a brand new covenant controller (i got it sans the MC figure) for what im asking for, than let me know ASAP.

[quote name='triforcer']reminds me of the those 70's van paint jobs that look tacky as hell. they should have done something more sleek or abstract rather than slap an illustration on it.[/quote]

Excellent analogy.

The eerily familiar cheesy nature of this controller's design was floating in the back of my head and this clarified my perception of the controller.

If I bought one of these, it would only be for the wicked-looking black D-pad and control sticks... which for some fucking riddiculous reason are grey on the black controllers. I'd simply pull off the front plate and replace it with the black controller cover.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']How big is the figure? Looks pretty tiny.

Also OOooOOoo at the black d-pad and analog sticks.[/QUOTE]
swap out the pad and sticks from a controller s. tada

[quote name='donut']Found one of these last night at Target.
Looked through at least a hundred at various stores before finding the Black Spartan figure (packed with the Halo 3 controller).

Any info - productions numbers, rarity, etc. would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance...[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know the same thing

bread's done
Back