HALO 3 Spartan Controllers for $29.99 @ BB YMMV

shanonw76

CAG Veteran
Went down to Best Buy in Jacksonville Fl this evening on my weekly Blu-Ray/HD-DVD hunt and saw they had the Halo 3 Spartan and Brute Controllers for $29.99. They were on the shelves in their normal spot, but had the "open box" stickers on them. They were still new. I've noticed that the BB's down here mark their clearance stuff this way. I also saw Metal Slug Anthology for Wii for $19.99 and Halo 3 Collectors Edition for $59.99 ($10 off) sealed but with the "open box item" stickers. As usual this may be (probably) YMMV and not a company wide drop, but something to keep an eye out for if you missed out on the Amazon deal.

at my local BB at Irving, TX (on 635 & Beltline) but what they had was a box with Halo 3 controllers and Halo 3 Wireless Communicators the box also had other items and there was a sign on the side that read

items marked with a blue dot 25% off
a yellow dot 50% off
a red dot 75% off

none of them had the colored dots but since all of them were marked 25% off with a yellow sticker I told the cashier lady that the yellow sticker was for 50% off and I got it.

they had at least 10 controllers and 10 comunicators yesterday afternoon around 1:00 PM

my store in southaven ms had the controllers and communicators in a box near the entrance marked "managers special" and they were $39.95...

might not be as ymmv as you think... but this was a week or 2, and the next day they were gone (the good stuff)

There are a bunch (at least 50) of these for $29.99 at a Best Buy near me. Though about picking one up but they're just too ugly.

No matter how many times I saw these on sale, they're just a bit too much with the artwork - maybe if I was a Halo fan I would appreciate them more.

Now if I could grab em for $19.99 each...that would be a different story.

Past week I've been at two of my Best Buys on Long Island and no go at them.

I don't live far from irving, I'm going to have to check out my local best buy today then as well. I do need another controller for my 360 for when people come over....

these controllers are great, i love them. they have such a smooth feel to them. regular controllers are $40 on sale, i don't see why 30 isnt that great a deal.

The controllers are so damned ugly. They might as well be the cover art for a 3rd grader's lunch box. The only Halo controller I think is good looking is the military green Halo one that came with the Halo 360.

Hm...could always spraypaint it like I did with my old Xbox controllers...feels weird for the first few days though.

[quote name='Minger']Hm...could always spraypaint it like I did with my old Xbox controllers...feels weird for the first few days though.[/QUOTE]

Kind of eliminates the point of getting a controller with artwork on it though. Don't cha think?

I agree that they are ugly, but still.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']The controllers are so damned ugly. They might as well be the cover art for a 3rd grader's lunch box. The only Halo controller I think is good looking is the military green Halo one that came with the Halo 360.[/quote]
QFT

They are $29.99 at Valdosta, GA best buy as well; they're just sitting there like dookie on the street (and have been for 8+ days; at least since I've been here).

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']The controllers are so damned ugly. They might as well be the cover art for a 3rd grader's lunch box. The only Halo controller I think is good looking is the military green Halo one that came with the Halo 360.[/quote]

yeah i wish they would sell the halo green one. that one looks good.

Did we establish if this is region/store specific or is it more of a storewide thing? I'd jump all over the headset for $30 since the regular one is annoying as hell...

I was at my best buy in erie PA a few days ago, the controllers were 59.99, i did not check any accessories but i'm def going up there today to find out about this

Parma, Ohio BB still had them priced at $59.99. I asked a BB associate to price check it for me and he "checked" it by just telling me they were $59.99. Go blow me, you lazy employee.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Levittown, New York still tagged as $59.99.[/quote]

Westbury, NY was also still fullprice however had a lot smaller stock of them than Levittown did.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Westbury, NY was also still fullprice however had a lot smaller stock of them than Levittown did.[/QUOTE]

Off topic but did you notice how many stacks of Guitar Hero II they had all over the place for Xbox? I wonder if they'll drop the price before Christmas....

Leftovers from the "doorbuster" on BF. They wanted to push old non-HDMI 360s with no marvel/forza off with a free GHII w/controller for $350. Shockingly people didn't get all wet for it.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']Off topic but did you notice how many stacks of Guitar Hero II they had all over the place for Xbox? I wonder if they'll drop the price before Christmas....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lostdecoy']No matter how many times I saw these on sale, they're just a bit too much with the artwork - maybe if I was a Halo fan I would appreciate them more.

Now if I could grab em for $19.99 each...that would be a different story.

Past week I've been at two of my Best Buys on Long Island and no go at them.[/quote]

29.99 is a great price for a wireless 360 controller. I don't find myself looking at the controller while I play. It is a means to an end and the price is right. I'll be heading out to BB to see if they have any.... Hell, I'd even buy a pink one at that price as I need one more controller.

My brother wants the Spartan one for Christmas, so if any of you guys who have access to a store that has them for that price and could get me one, I would pay you for it or send a trade of something of around that price. I checked at my store and the guy said he thought they were $60, priced checked it, and was right. Too bad.

While I'm adding a post to the thread, if anyone knows how I go about changing my custom user title below my forum name (above the avatar), it would be much appreciated. I tried looking around on the User CP, but haven't had any luck yet.

If a wireless controller is 60 bucks and this Halo wireless controller is only 30, I fail to see how this isn't a great deal. Who cares what is on the controller itself. That sounds like something a little kid would be worried about.....afraid his little buddies might not think his controllers are cool.

Was in Circuit City today and the Halo Spartan controller( with the figure) was on sale as well as the regular controller. Both were marked at $44.99. The Covenant controller was regular price though. I need an extra one so I might pick it up since it's the best deal right now. I'm in N.Y. $5 bucks is something I guess.

CC today to (steal essentially) pick up Madden and NCAA 08 and both Halo controllers (as well as white, pink, blue, and black) were all $39.99. I picked a white one up but mainly because I was shocked to see it on sale. They were all marked $59.99 but I saw an updated price indicator that showed $40 so I price checked them all and they were all that price. Just FYI.

bread's done
Back