Halo 3 Spring 2007

As long as the game is pushed back and we get a better game out of it. When Oblivion and Ghost Recon were delayed they came out just the way I wanted.

This also gives other developers for the 360, as well as first party titles, a rather big chance this holiday season to cash in. It also gives Sony the chance to impact in Fall since there won't be any Halo this fall according to the article.

Yeah I agree. Oblivion is incredible and I've only heard good things about Ghost Recon... The current 360 games will last us a long time. Still Halo 3 should be a great game and I can't wait to play it.

[quote name='guyver2077']what happenned with going head to head with ps3 launch[/quote]

well, at the rate that the ps3 is going it might still be. lol

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So what's gonna be the big game for 360 this holiday season? I don't really keep up w/ what's in the works.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll let us know that at E3. So far I don't think there's any solid release dates yet for holiday games.

[quote name='guyver2077']what happenned with going head to head with ps3 launch[/QUOTE]
Gates said that and then later sadi when the game is done it is done. So he kind of just blurted that out to talk trash.
Halo is a much better game then Halo 2. I was really excited for 2 but when it came out i was dissapointted big time. I wont get my hopes up for 3

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So what's gonna be the big game for 360 this holiday season? I don't really keep up w/ what's in the works.[/quote]

the big gun looks to be gears of war...they have several other games that are currently targeted for the holidays...not sure of the names, but the one done by the former gta guy...cell shaded/comic style open world game..they have had a few featured articles on it in game informer and xbox mags.

[quote name='zewone']Man, I can't believe how much better Halo 2 is over 1. 1 is a piece of shit compared to it.[/quote]

QFT, but I'll go into it a bit.

A. The Handgun sniping was rediculous. No one bothered to use other weapons at our 16 man LANs.
B. Trapping people in bases with indestructible Vehicles was retarded.
C. The maps were plain and boring... you could easily see everyone on the maps.
D. ONLINE>LAN only
E. Halo was full of serious backtracking.

Theres more, but thats enough alone. Everyone who doesnt think that Halo2 wasnt the best game online at launch is either retarded, wants to be accepted by other fanboy retards or hates games in general. It had its share of glitches, but its was the number one played console game online. And Socom was glichy and laggy as fuck, and Sony lied about its user base so dont even bring up socom like it was a contender.

The Halo2 days are still the highlight of my gaming experience. I played PC games for years and never got anywhere near the experience I got with playing with CAG clan.

[quote name='daphatty']FPS on consoles = Teh Crap!

Keyboard. Mouse. Period.[/QUOTE]
$10 says Halo 3 will let you use a keyboard and mouse. Oh and for the record it was possible to play Halo 1 and 2 (any Xbox FPS) with a keyboard and mouse set up.

Keyboard. Mouse. Period.[/quote]

Only if you cant adapt. Halo2 was designed for the controller anyways. It worked just right if you got into the groove of it.

Also, my roommate played it with keyboard/mouse setup, and it was horrible cause of the way it was designed.

Keyboard. Mouse. Period.[/QUOTE]

People say that, yet PC game sales are still crap compared to consoles.

So obviously people care more about comfort and ease of use rather than "BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOT".

[quote name='mmn']People say that, yet PC game sales are still crap compared to consoles.

So obviously people care more about comfort and ease of use rather than "BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOT".[/QUOTE]

Considering the Buy-in price of a PC I'd say your statement is incorrect. Comparing PC game sales to console games sales is apples to oranges. Apples to Oranges.

[quote name='daphatty']Considering the Buy-in price of a PC I'd say your statement is incorrect. Comparing PC game sales to console games sales is apples to oranges. Apples to Oranges.[/QUOTE]

But its not if you're talking about one format being clearly superior over another.

Perhaps a keyboard and mouse IS better for FPS games. But gamers simply don't care. If they cared about it, all FPS games would sell better on PCs.

My personal view is that when a discussion about console FPS games pops up and someone goes "KEYBOARD MOUSE RULZ", its elitist PC bullshit rearing its ugly head again. Not saying you personally, but theres an annoying "holier than thou" mentality that PC gamers have which really irritates me.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']QFT, but I'll go into it a bit.

A. The Handgun sniping was rediculous. No one bothered to use other weapons at our 16 man LANs.
B. Trapping people in bases with indestructible Vehicles was retarded.
C. The maps were plain and boring... you could easily see everyone on the maps.
D. ONLINE>LAN only
E. Halo was full of serious backtracking.

Theres more, but thats enough alone. Everyone who doesnt think that Halo2 wasnt the best game online at launch is either retarded, wants to be accepted by other fanboy retards or hates games in general. It had its share of glitches, but its was the number one played console game online.[/quote]

Thank you.

My dumb friends always try to act like 1337 video game snobs by saying that Halo is better than Halo 2. Halo 2 destroys Halo.

[quote name='zewone'] Oh and for the record it was possible to play Halo 1 and 2 (any Xbox FPS) with a keyboard and mouse set up.[/QUOTE]
Just ask Ugamer...I mean...Yeah the KBAM setup worked great for Halo 2. Not so great for some other Xbox games.

I easily logged about 500 hours of console FPS joy without having to use a controller.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']So what's gonna be the big game for 360 this holiday season? I don't really keep up w/ what's in the works.[/QUOTE]

Gears of War will probably be the big one.

Mass Effect, Crackdown, and Too Human are other big exclusives that could see a 2006 release. I'm sure Microsoft will be pumping them up pretty hard at e3.

bread's done
Back