Halo 4 Being Announced At E3!/?

Meh. The single player was still awful in 3, and the multiplayer still isn't as good as in the first game. Bungie just doesn't have it in 'em.

[quote name='Chacrana']Meh. The single player was still awful in 3, and the multiplayer still isn't as good as in the first game. Bungie just doesn't have it in 'em.[/QUOTE]
This.

I actually thought the single player in Halo 3 was the best in the series. It was well-paced and fun. It cut out a lot of the crap that tended to be in the campaign in the previous games. Too bad the final battle sucked so much ass. The multiplayer was certainly fun, at least what little I played, but that melee problem made me stop playing.

Call of Duty 4 is insanely better though, definitely.

[quote name='evanft']I actually thought the single player in Halo 3 was the best in the series. It was well-paced and fun. It cut out a lot of the crap that tended to be in the campaign in the previous games. Too bad the final battle sucked so much ass. The multiplayer was certainly fun, at least what little I played, but that melee problem made me stop playing.

Call of Duty 4 is insanely better though, definitely.[/quote]
I dont know about that, CoD4's single player was about the same. Infinite enemies until you read the X on the map, and a linear progression through levels? Seems just like Halo 3 except without respawns. I enjoyed both of their single player campaigns, while nothing out of the world they were both good. Online is where both truly shine.

I doubt it's gonna be Halo 4, not this soon anyway. Probably a spin off.

I hope MS doesn't see this as their one and only big announcement for E3 because I doubt it will work. Halo has lost its magic, seems like people are more interested in COD 4 than halo 3.

[quote name='happy']I hope MS doesn't see this as their one and only big announcement for E3 because I doubt it will work. Halo has lost its magic, seems like people are more interested in COD 4 than halo 3.[/QUOTE]
As people should be.

I say a hearty "whatever" to the Halo3 haters. I loved the game. I can't wait to see what they have up the sleeve. Rumor has it the Pete Jackson game(s) is gonna be announced.

[quote name='Littlefields']Halo 4? I would rather have this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that link, Littlefields. I've been itching for a good viral mystery game (can't remember what they're called). Bungie does some good ones.

I'd play it, but I don't expect any Halo games made from now on to be much more than contractual obligation. Could be good though, if they take some risks and make some changes.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Thanks for that link, Littlefields. I've been itching for a good viral mystery game (can't remember what they're called). Bungie does some good ones.[/quote]

Resistance 2 is starting one, and i think they're called ARG or something.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/07/03/ominous-resistance-2-arg-site-project-abraham-uncovered/

Anyway, Halo 4 FTL. Halo 3 was extreme disappointing, story was the worst in the series, and it just felt very safe. IDC how much shit they add, it was still too much the same, and it was disappointing. Halo 4 would just be gay after they concluded everything in 3 anyway.

Halo 0 could be decent, but they'd probably mess it up :(

Last edited by a moderator:
The guys at Sarcasticgamer like to make up stories... especially on Fridays. They call it Fiction Fridays. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a joke. Could be true... who knows.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I'm not shocked about Halo 4 but I figured Bungie wouldn't be doing it.[/QUOTE]

If Microsoft takes their rights to Halo and gives it to another company other than Bungie (Besides for Ensemble's Halo Wars which I'm fine with) I will be really pissed and probably won't buy the game. On the other hand, if Bungie does another Halo I will be happy as can be and buy it for sure.

[quote name='SMG247']If Microsoft takes their rights to Halo and gives it to another company other than Bungie (Besides for Ensemble's Halo Wars which I'm fine with) I will be really pissed and probably won't buy the game. On the other hand, if Bungie does another Halo I will be happy as can be and buy it for sure.[/quote]

Microsoft owns the Halo IP. Bungie doesn't want to keep churnin' out Halo game after Halo game. That's why Frankie left Bungie though, to make sure Microsoft doesn't fuck up Halo 4 or any other Halo game they decide to release.

I thought halo 3 was good. Sure, the single player was mediocre, but i really like the multiplayer. I think it is the best multiplayer in all the halo games.

I'd be up for a fourth.

COD4 rocks though. I played it at my cousin's house over the 4th. I thinks i have to pick it up

A Halo 4 would be nice but I think after Halo 3 I'd like to see them take the series in a slight different direction expecially in terms of enemies that you're fighting against. I'd like to see more serious looking enemies.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Halo 3 was a piece of dogshit. When I first played it, I thought there was something wrong with me.

bread's done
Back