Halo 4 Limited Edition 320GB Console $349.99 at AZ (with DLC) / BB (with $20 RZ cert)

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Amazon LINK

Best Buy Link

Previous preorder and MSRP price was $399.99

Amazon has a splash page that shows $10 AZ credit and customizeable web armor however on checkout only the web armor DLC shows up as an applied promotion.

Best Buy offers a $20 RZ Certificate for preordering and being in the Gamers Club Unlocked (GCU) program [Thanks 209chromatic]

This may be the new MSRP for this console but that hasn't been confirmed yet

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI I just tried to preorder and the DLC promotion applied on the checkout screen but there was no notation of the $10 credit. Not sure if that only applies to the games themselves; but if you are planning on receiving it I'd take a screenshot

[quote name='Minkyboi']Wait...so this means that if we already have it preordered, we get the lower price right?[/QUOTE]

^ If you preordered through Amazon you should be covered by their preorder guarantee.

If you preordered through Best Buy you may have to reorder (I really don't know)

Just got off the phone with Best Buy:

Because I used PayPal, and PayPal charges right when you place your order, I'll be getting a credit back to my PayPal account.
If I had used a credit card, I'd have either had to cancel and re-order, or call back after they charge the credit card-which would be after BB ships the console.
The cancel/re-order option would have been a little more of a pain for me, or anyone who used a pitch-in card along with the order, because getting that back would be another step.

Would be nice if BB would just be able to adjust the price, but really, how often does a price drop between when you pre-order and when it's released?
I got it taken care of, so no big deal.

BTW,
Thanks for pointing this out GBA. I probably would never have noticed the price changed.
Saved me $50.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Just got off the phone with Best Buy:

Because I used PayPal, and PayPal charges right when you place your order, I'll be getting a credit back to my PayPal account.
If I had used a credit card, I'd have either had to cancel and re-order, or call back after they charge the credit card-which would be after BB ships the console.
The cancel/re-order option would have been a little more of a pain for me, or anyone who used a pitch-in card along with the order, because getting that back would be another step.

Would be nice if BB would just be able to adjust the price, but really, how often does a price drop between when you pre-order and when it's released?
I got it taken care of, so no big deal.

BTW,
Thanks for pointing this out GBA. I probably would never have noticed the price changed.
Saved me $50.[/QUOTE]

BBYs policy is to adjust price accordingly at time of shipping.

This isn't 100%, but its how it is supposed to work

I wanted to buy this anyway so a $50 price drop before it's even released is great. I wonder how long this price will last, I have a lot of points pending.

Wow. This is simply beautiful but too expensive for me. :cry:
sig.jpg

Fuuuuuu.....I've been trying to *not* give in to temptation. But, with my current 250gb slim freezing on me from time to time, and dat casing on the Halo one, I may have to embrace irresponsibility.

Not bad if you need a console and have BB credit. Would only be $290 after trading in Halo 4 after a play through. I couldn't wait so went with the Star Wars console after my Xbox took a dump.

If it included a 500 gb hd, I would would have picked it up day one at 400. I have the gow and sw consoles, but I only have about 20 gigs left with no disc games installed. I always upgrade when they come out with a new console with larger hd; however, 250 to 320 wasn't a big enough jump. Ugh!

Ahh I wish I never bought the holiday bundle just two weeks ago since I already traded in the games or I would just return it and pay the difference for this one. :'(

[quote name='mistermoravec']If it included a 500 gb hd, I would would have picked it up day one at 400. I have the gow and sw consoles, but I only have about 20 gigs left with no disc games installed. I always upgrade when they come out with a new console with larger hd; however, 250 to 320 wasn't a big enough jump. Ugh![/QUOTE]

man, u must be rich. you actually picked up those gow and sw consoles at day one for full retail price.

I need a new xbox. I've had a classic once since launch and after multiple red rings and other problems and sending it to microsoft several times I finally got fed up with it and let it die over a year ago.

Trying to decide if I should get this or the 250gb slim that's $250...

*Edit* Caved in and got this one. Even if I got the 250gb one I'd get Halo 4 at launch so it would come out to at least $310 anyways. Might as well dish out the extra bit for this one (especially considering I already have Skyrim on PC and I don't care for Forza 4).

So I just PO the halo 4 Xbox bundle at best buy but they would only let me put $5 on it. Is this a permanent price drop? Because I don't want to have to pay $400 when I go to pick it up

[quote name='JohnWayne']So I just PO the halo 4 Xbox bundle at best buy but they would only let me put $5 on it. Is this a permanent price drop? Because I don't want to have to pay $400 when I go to pick it up[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's pretty much my question too because I preordered in-store and not online. I need this game at midnight. :pray:

[quote name='Minkyboi']Yeah that's pretty much my question too because I preordered in-store and not online. I need this game at midnight. :pray:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it is a permed ant price drop. I called the store shortly after I asked this question on here and she said that this is a perm. price drop after she went and asked the manager. And dood I know, I already bought an Xbox 2 weeks ago so I just went and returned that and got this for an extra $50 which was a no brainer. See through case and blue LED lights are so sick as well, I seriously can't wait for 11/06:bouncy:

[quote name='blinknot4']awesome - does anybody think this will be 'rare' or a collectors item down the road?[/quote]

no.

[quote name='blinknot4']Awesome - does anybody think this will be 'rare' or a collectors item down the road?[/QUOTE]

I would say the fact that it just dropped in price would indicate no. Will probably be like the Gears/MW3 ones where you can get a good deal on them down the line.

[quote name='edson13']no.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I would say the fact that it just dropped in price would indicate no. Will probably be like the Gears/MW3 ones where you can get a good deal on them down the line.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't think so - but figured I'd do a quick CAG poll.

[quote name='blinknot4']Awesome - does anybody think this will be 'rare' or a collectors item down the road?[/QUOTE]

You never know. 343 did say they were keeping their limited edition stock very low so they wouldn't turn out like the ones from the past halo games where they would be sitting on the shelf post-launch but idk if they were talking about the actual limited edition game or the limited edition console or both, idk.

[quote name='NINJA V']i wonder if amazon would throw in some in store credit to match up to best buy... if not i'm going to jump ship.[/QUOTE]

they havent matched any of the other $20 preorders, so I wouldnt count on it.

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']I would say the fact that it just dropped in price would indicate no. Will probably be like the Gears/MW3 ones where you can get a good deal on them down the line.[/QUOTE]

Not sure.
The Reach console was long gone before Christmas of that year. At least in my area. I'm not saying I think it will be rare, but I don't think it will be like the MW3 ones....which I can still get from my local Target.

Man, this is a hard decision. Get it at launch and secure mine, or wait till Black Friday and hopefully get it as part of a BF deal, but risk finding it selling out quickly like the Gears of War 360. Tough choice. :cry:

i wish BB had a Deal on Trade-ins for Systems i would get it there and not Gamestop

The price drop matches the one on other 360s, so I don't think it is a case of 'oh, these won't sell' but more keeping the pricing tiers identical to that existed before the price drop. Ever since kinect came out, MS seems to be less aggressive with production on these limited editions....probably in no small part of retailers being not thrilled with yet another 360 SKU on top of the four standard ones -4gb, 4gb w/kinect, 250gb, 250gb w/kinect). So they'll be available in stores through the holidays and then fade out with some super sale on amazon or newegg in April/May to clear out any remaining overstock.

[quote name='razorracer83']Man, this is a hard decision. Get it at launch and secure mine, or wait till Black Friday and hopefully get it as part of a BF deal, but risk finding it selling out quickly like the Gears of War 360. Tough choice. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna get this on black Friday

[quote name='razorracer83']Man, this is a hard decision. Get it at launch and secure mine, or wait till Black Friday and hopefully get it as part of a BF deal, but risk finding it selling out quickly like the Gears of War 360. Tough choice. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I don't know how rare these will be, there will probably be plenty, but you could always preorder now, pick it up on 11/6. Then if you find it cheaper on BF, etc. you could buy it and take the new one back to the original place you bought it at (especially with the expanded holiday return window).

[quote name='starmask2k3']i wish BB had a Deal on Trade-ins for Systems i would get it there and not Gamestop[/QUOTE]

You're better off selling it on craigslist or ebay. You'll probably get more for the trade-in even with the bonus deal.

Btw am I the only one who doesn't really care how rare the console will be? I just want it for how it looks :D

[quote name='Minkyboi']You're better off selling it on craigslist or ebay. You'll probably get more for the trade-in even with the bonus deal.

Btw am I the only one who doesn't really care how rare the console will be? I just want it for how it looks :D[/QUOTE]

Nope, your not the only one.
I'm getting it because I'm a huge fan of the franchise, and I like it better than the Reach console.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Fuuuuuu.....I've been trying to *not* give in to temptation. But, with my current 250gb slim freezing on me from time to time, and dat casing on the Halo one, I may have to embrace irresponsibility.[/QUOTE]

Embraaaaaaaaaaaacccceeeeeeeeeeeeee it!

I was interested in this to replace my old Jasper arcade console, until I heard the system sounds posted on Major Nelsons blog. Considering the fact you can't change the power on/eject sounds or any other sounds on the console for that matter... I decided against it.

So according to this website:

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbo...ice-cut-as-does-halo-4-limited-edition-bundle

It says the $50 price cut is temporary so I don't know how it will work for people who were only able to put down $5 at the store. I'm gonna be so pissed if when I go to pick it up, they say I'm going to have to pay $400 for it. I called the store and the employee said that I'll pay the price that I preordered it for. At this point, I don't really trust BB employees, especially over the phone so I'm pretty sketched out

[quote name='Yamato']Don't know if I'm feeling the design. Looks like a bird shit down the front of it.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

[quote name='JohnWayne']So according to this website:

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbo...ice-cut-as-does-halo-4-limited-edition-bundle

It says the $50 price cut is temporary so I don't know how it will work for people who were only able to put down $5 at the store. I'm gonna be so pissed if when I go to pick it up, they say I'm going to have to pay $400 for it. I called the store and the employee said that I'll pay the price that I preordered it for. At this point, I don't really trust BB employees, especially over the phone so I'm pretty sketched out[/QUOTE]

take a screenshot of the website with the date on it just to be sure. As a sidenote, Gamestop finally has it marked down to 350, online and in store.

[quote name='JohnWayne']So according to this website:

It says the $50 price cut is temporary so I don't know how it will work for people who were only able to put down $5 at the store. I'm gonna be so pissed if when I go to pick it up, they say I'm going to have to pay $400 for it. I called the store and the employee said that I'll pay the price that I preordered it for. At this point, I don't really trust BB employees, especially over the phone so I'm pretty sketched out[/QUOTE]

My guess is that the prices will be $350 for all those who preorder but MSRP after launch will be $400.

[quote name='heeroyuymit']take a screenshot of the website with the date on it just to be sure. As a sidenote, Gamestop finally has it marked down to 350, online and in store.[/QUOTE]

I decided to just preorder it online for I store pickup. I really wanted to wait until I the rest of my RZ certificates posted but oh well. I'll probably just use the certificates on the DLC

[quote name='Minkyboi']My guess is that the prices will be $350 for all those who preorder but MSRP after launch will be $400.[/QUOTE]

I would say you're right but considering that all the other xboxs dropped $50 as well, I don't know. I just ordered it online for in-store pickup just in case

The last of my points cleared so I pre-ordered this today. $299.99 picked up is a lot better than the $399.99 I was originally going to pay.

bread's done
Back