Halo 4 Limited Edition at Gamestop

[quote name='lmz00']Went to Walmart at midnight, and they had no limited editions. :(

The guy from electronics walked up to the front with two different sized cases, but only opened one at the register, and walked away with the other, so who knows what was in it. I asked the lady who rang me up, and she said they only had the regular one. Oh, well.

The GameStop I also went to only had them for people who pre-ordered. I'm good with the regular one, but I figured it was at least worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Dang! Sorry to hear. The GameStop and Best Buy near me only had them for pre-orders but Walmart had them for sale. Didn't see how many but I snagged one and I went around 12:15 after picking up the console at Best Buy at midnight.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm going to try and be objective here but stating that something isn't limited, was mass produced, will go on clearance, or has been reprinted less then 2 hours after initial release when very few retailers are open so there is no way to gauge the actual quantities that will be available from here on out is a huge pet peeve of mine.

It sounds stupid like "NO HDMI kills the deal" on a monitor tha doesn't have speakers but has a DVI input.

You have no idea how many were printed and how many are claimed. Even if every Best Buy and Gamestop had 10 left over after tonight that is far fewer then many AAA releases and who knows what will be available in warehouses but as of now all we know is that Gamestop has been the only online retailer to have additional stock and that lasted only a few hours.

I don't think anyone ever though this was going to only be printed 1,000 times but to already lay claim that it is going to be the next Reach in terms of overabundance is a claim you can't support at this time and it is annoying to see it posted a dozen or so times in every Halo 4 thread.[/QUOTE]
Majority probably skipped midnight launch to go to bed early, so they can wake up early enough to go to the polls before work/school. Plus the fact its freezing outside.

bread's done
Back