Halo 4 out November 6th!!

Use tags man. Sheesh.

I just completed Legendary Solo. Ugh...what a nightmare, especially at the end. I'm never doing that again. But what sucks is that Heroic Co-Op achievement -_- Really stupid by 343 to put in counter-intuitive achievements like that. Dang. My head hurts after all of that.

[quote name='KingBroly']Use tags man. Sheesh.

I just completed Legendary Solo. Ugh...what a nightmare, especially at the end. I'm never doing that again. But what sucks is that Heroic Co-Op achievement -_- Really stupid by 343 to put in counter-intuitive achievements like that. Dang. My head hurts after all of that.[/QUOTE]

lol should of used this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uFKRjpD1Jg&feature=player_embedded

In spartan ops, do you have infinite number of lifes?

I did use that, thankfully. I would've gone insane without finding out that trick first. Legendary in Halo 3 was fun because it was with 3 other people. It wasn't fun in ODST when you had to do that one mission by yourself on Legendary. But I'd still say Halo 4 on Legendary was harder than that. A ton of stop and go. It was insane.

And yeah, in Spartan Ops you do have infinite lives, solo or co-op. So you can't fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']i didnt say they were a new race. I was posing the question of why would they introduce another race when we havent wrapped up any of the current ones. There is literately 14 main enemies in this universe did we really need another? [/QUOTE]

Meanwhile... a short ways up the page you said you were essentially sick of the Covenant:

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am in my 40th planet valley shooting my 6 billionth fucking grunt so I can make it to my 20th space corridor level. [/QUOTE]

So which is it?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Nothing like going into a thread and seeing people try to reason with Soodmeg. Exercise in futility.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

[quote name='slickkill77']video[/QUOTE]
thanks for the upload would have been too lazy to search for this in game

btw halo 4 we get a video describing the story and giving us more in depth narrative on RE 6 we get 300 pages of text ^_^

I see Soodmeg still overestimates his own importance with claims like "agreeing with me is dangerous."

No, it's not dangerous. No one gives a damn who agrees with you or not. Stop pointing out how so many people are arguing with you and how you answered all comments - are you looking for an award? If you come into a thread and start bashing the game it's centered on and people take your points to task for it, don't waste your time and ours yapping how people are ganging up on you and try to insinuate that you're some iconic video game forum contrarian who it is risky to be in league with. Get the fuck over yourself.

I'm sure you'll respond to this too, since you are a true warrior who leaves no comment behind. Have at it - I've made my point, nothing else to say on the matter.

There are movies released every week to go along with the Spartan Ops episodes. Scroll all the way to the right on the spartan ops menu. They are 2-3 minutes long and set up the series for the week. The rest of the mode is kind of like a contained firefight. It reuses levels but honestly if 343i had to make all new levels that would be a lot of work for them. They said they are going to see how people respond to it. If people enjoy it they will keep going with it, but then we will have to pay for it. Which probably means they will start to expand the story lines outside of the main game like they have been doing with other media

you don't have to scroll to see the movie. just hit the Y button to play the movie. and then afterward, start playing the chapters for the episode.

for the first episode, I played the chapters and then saw the movie on the far right. the movie that sets up the chapters. so unfortunately, I didn't see the setup movie for the action I had just played.

fixed that for episode 2. :)

You have to invite your friends for the first episode.

Here's the Amazon skin if anyone wants it...Don't sell it
Your promotional code: 34VYX-HC2WM-R9DVG-KXFR6-GVWJZ

[quote name='slickkill77']You have to invite your friends for the first episode.

Here's the Amazon skin if anyone wants it...Don't sell it
Your promotional code: 34VYX-HC2WM-R9DVG-KXFR6-GVWJZ[/QUOTE]

I used this...Thank you for the code!

anybody having problems with the pre-order skins? I got mine and been using for the past few days but logged in today to play and I'm in the recruit armor with my armor missing. I reenter the code and says already used.

[quote name='bear489']anybody having problems with the pre-order skins? I got mine and been using for the past few days but logged in today to play and I'm in the recruit armor with my armor missing. I reenter the code and says already used.[/QUOTE]
Mine works fine in-game but my Spartan on Waypoint hasn't updated since I put on the preorder armor.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Back to Halo. Alright so already beat the game and now playing through Spartan Ops. I really like this mode but I think they missed the mark on a couple things. Why can I not playing a public match over all of the episodes? Its very odd that I can only play 4 public match episode but there are like 8 available. I only played through like 3 levels but I am pretty sure I had been there before...like they were using the same map from the campaign.

I love the concept of this mode, it was really fun for the first 3 episodes I played but seemed extremely limited. Any word on expanding it with an original storyline and original maps? I tried playing it by myself and was bored within a second...unlimited lives, unlimited weapons and vehicles with the only goal to kill the 50 people no thanks.

Damn, the potential of this mode is always worth the price of admission but the way its set up now seems like an after thought. I hope they put some work into this mode because I could see myself playing it a bunch if they support it.[/QUOTE]
The reason I found to play Spartan Ops by myself was to get the enemies kills for the player stats. They give XP, and I'm hoping they'll also have unlocks. Also, whenever I assassinate an enemy the other players insist on taking the kill, even if they weren't shooting at the enemy prior. This doesn't happen in solo play, but it is fairly dull playing alone.

I don't know how to react to Spartan Ops, though. It's fast, so it's not like it drags, and people seem to rarely quit out of the games, so they play okay. I'm am pretty disappointed that it's mostly copied and pasted sections from the Campaign, though. I really expected it to be it's own side Campaign to further add to the story, but I don't feel like it's telling much of an interesting story, both via in game and the additional episode parts. And I'm finding the Sarah Palmer commentary to be more annoying than worthwhile. I never understand why games try to make Jennifer Hale sound tough and arrogant. She doesn't pull it off well.

I'm even more disappointed that this weeks missions have a few of last weeks levels in them, just in reverse. I guess I was just expecting more from it from the hype 343 kept throwing it. The way that they made it seem like 'new missions each week' made me expect that it would actually be new areas, with...new missions. Not just kill more enemies. I actually liked the rescue and defend the soldiers mission this week, and wish they had more like that, where there was an objective, and not just kill, kill, kill.

[quote name='GUNNM']I had no idea about ordinance packages until today. Shoutouts to rail guns being dropped[/QUOTE]
Make sure to get out of a vehicle after you get a few kills, as it doesn't alert you if you earn one while in a vehicle. Also, you don't start building to your next ordnance until either after you call in the earned ordnance or use it, I forget which. That means any further points earned are wasted. So if you're destroying in a vehicle and think you've earned enough ordnance points, it might be a good idea to get out of it and call in your ordnance for friends or teammates, so that they get a decent power weapon to use (so long as no one steals your vehicle in the process).

Also, there's a wait to grab another players ordnance to prevent it from being taken by friend or foe. Its a few seconds, so that if you come across an ordnance that you can grab, and no one nearby has taken it or is near it, it's probably a good idea to grab it. Whoever called it in is probably dead, and it could be used by an enemy if not taken soon.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']Make sure to get out of a vehicle after you get a few kills, as it doesn't alert you if you earn one while in a vehicle. Also, you don't start building to your next ordnance until either after you call in the earned ordnance or use it, I forget which. That means any further points earned are wasted. So if you're destroying in a vehicle and think you've earned enough ordnance points, it might be a good idea to get out of it and call in your ordnance for friends or teammates, so that they get a decent power weapon to use (so long as no one steals your vehicle in the process).

Also, there's a wait to grab another players ordnance to prevent it from being taken by friend or foe. Its a few seconds, so that if you come across an ordnance that you can grab, and no one nearby has taken it or is near it, it's probably a good idea to grab it. Whoever called it in is probably dead, and it could be used by an enemy if not taken soon.[/QUOTE]
Thx for the advice. Btw I'm assuming the other packages are what their icon suggests like more nades and the other one brings your shields back up.

Playing with randoms sure is annoying. I wish there was a mute everybody but friends button. One click to mute all the idiots. It makes me want to switch back to the voice chat with friends only setting. I might do that. Fun game, but much better when it's a group of friends playing.

It's definitely better talking to friends, but what I've noticed compared to Reach is that barely any randoms seem to have mics. Maybe it's just luck of the draw in the matches I've played so far.

[quote name='crunchewy']I wish there was a mute everybody but friends button. [/QUOTE]

There is a global feature in the dash to do this. I set it years ago and never looked back. Of course that's across all games. I set it so long ago(multiple dash changes) I couldn't tell you where to find it. Somewhere in the family settings, maybe?

That being said, I hopped into Halo the other night to be treated to dogs barking as mentioned above. So unless I accidentally changed a setting, MS may have removed that feature in a dash update. :( Hopefully it just reverted back to a default setting with an update. I haven't taken the time to look for it again to switch it back.

[quote name='krashhole']I don't even use my headset unless friends are on.[/QUOTE]

That only stops you from talking, not from others talking through their mics. The latter is the problem, not the former... :)

I think I am going to switch to friends-only again. I can't remember the last time any randoms were useful as far as strategizing through their headsets. They are almost always just idiots yammering on.

I don't use a headset, and unless everyone I've played in every online match so far is doing the same, I haven't heard a peep from anyone out of my TV.

[quote name='crunchewy']That only stops you from talking, not from others talking through their mics. The latter is the problem, not the former... :)

I think I am going to switch to friends-only again. I can't remember the last time any randoms were useful as far as strategizing through their headsets. They are almost always just idiots yammering on.[/QUOTE]Nope, I mute everyone in the room soon as I join ;)

Question for the cag halo vets here. I have halo 1 through Reach in my backlog, but haven't played them yet. Are there spoilers for the early games in this one or does it avoid that with a new story? I feel pressured to play this with all of the incentives out there to play it between the amex deal and xbox rewards and I'm unsure of the deadlines. I plan to do a halo marathon after I finish Forza Horizons. Thanks CAGs!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Question for the cag halo vets here. I have halo 1 through Reach in my backlog, but haven't played them yet. Are there spoilers for the early games in this one or does it avoid that with a new story? I feel pressured to play this with all of the incentives out there to play it between the amex deal and xbox rewards and I'm unsure of the deadlines. I plan to do a halo marathon after I finish Forza Horizons. Thanks CAGs![/QUOTE]

I'm no Halo expert but it seems to me that Halo 4 does not reference anything from the earlier games at all, to the extent that it's actually probably pretty confusing (who are these characters, how did they wind up in this crashing spaceship, who are these aliens and why are they fighting, etc.) if you've never played a Halo game before.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I'm no Halo expert but it seems to me that Halo 4 does not reference anything from the earlier games at all, to the extent that it's actually probably pretty confusing (who are these characters, how did they wind up in this crashing spaceship, who are these aliens and why are they fighting, etc.) if you've never played a Halo game before.[/QUOTE]

There is a little bit (Cortana, references to the Flood) in there but you could probably just wiki the plot if you want to just jump into halo 4.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Question for the cag halo vets here. I have halo 1 through Reach in my backlog, but haven't played them yet. Are there spoilers for the early games in this one or does it avoid that with a new story? I feel pressured to play this with all of the incentives out there to play it between the amex deal and xbox rewards and I'm unsure of the deadlines. I plan to do a halo marathon after I finish Forza Horizons. Thanks CAGs![/QUOTE]

If you want to catch up on the story quickly without having to play Halo 1 - Reach before playing Halo 4, you can always read the plot summaries of each of the games here: http://halo.wikia.com

This is just my opinion, but I would suggest trying to be disciplined and play them in order. Not just from the story perspective, but each game improved upon the previous one's graphics and (to some extent) gameplay, so you're better off building your way up than regressing. Not saying that 4 is the best overall necessarily, I just know that for me I'd like to go in the direction of getting better.

I know this happened to me with Prototype 2. It wasn't reviewed all that great but for some reason I got addicted to it and beat it within a few days. I tried to go back and play the first one and all I kept thinking was how much I liked 2 better.

Thanks for all the input! I definitely want to experience the story through the games and I'm familiar with some of the mythos and key components like the flood, the arbiter as an ally of some fate of noble squad so I have some background as long as there aren't big spoilers. I'd prefer to play them in order, but I'll have to look at the deadlines for all the incentives. Seems like I have to play something before the 20th for some reason.

Geeze, surprised at the amount of bullshit arguing in the last 5 pages, anyway, maybe I've been playing too much lately? I don't know, but there really aren't enough maps. It's depressing having to play the same map over and over match after match because it comes up in rotation over and over and people keep picking it.

I just bought the Halo 4 LE Console. Is the DLC inside the Halo 4 game? Its the only thing I have left to open. Which sucks cuz I was going to sell the game as new but won't be able to if the DLC is in the case.

I think I've hit the point where I've become really good at this game. The last two days I've consistently been going 10-5 or greater, with my most recent match being 19-4. ^_^ I never played this good in Halo 3. But then again, I am only playing Big Team Battle by myself. I do think the netcode needs a tiny bit of work, especially for Spartan Ops since sometimes the game has bad input lag that hinders what you do. It's happened rarely in matchmaking, but it happens in Spartan Ops one out of every 3 times or so.

I still need to play through the game in co-op on Heroic or higher. So I'd like to do that with either 3-4 players so I don't go insane.

Big Team Battle is a lot easier than Infinity Slayer/Slayer Pro. I started out really well in Infinity Slayer, but then I started to go downhill. BTB has always been easier for me though

Started playing the campaign. Doesn't seem to hard on Legendary yet. I went from start to I'm guessing more than half way through mission 5 in one sitting.

I know most people to don't play Halo for its story, but I really have no idea what is going on. Why are the Covenant fighting us again , who is the guy in the ball, and why do Cortana and Chief already seem to know who/what he is? Also wasn't the whole rampancy thing already done in 3 with Cortana and the Flood Overmind guy?

I'm hoping/guessing I will get some insight into this over the next 3 missions.

Also, I just happened to check my old Halo 3 and Halo Reach stats and a found a very very very funny coincidence.
Halo 3 kills = 4472
Halo Reach kills = 4472

I have to assume this isn't a mistake since the K/D ratio listed next to it is different for both games.
Sadly my Halo 2 kills are listed as like 30 since I only played it briefly on my 360 with my new gamertag right when 3 came out.

Anyone else get problems with voiceovers? In both campaign and spartan ops they often play overlapped, on top of each other. It's especially noticeable/bad at the beginning of missions. I've tried deleting everything & reinstalling but that didn't help.

No problems of this sort with other games...

FYI there's a bit of a history lesson underneath the platform directly in-front of where you wake up. Yeah I missed that the first time and found it on my 2nd PT when I was just exploring and crap.

I think I've hit my tolerance of Halo 4's multiplayer, wow that was fast. I dig the new modes but nothing beats Infinity Slayer, Big Team Battle and Capture the Flag. I'm up to SR 32 now and it seems like almost every match was sniper, long range assault riffle combat based. Decided half way through ok I'm just gonna play SWAT now since that's practically what the other matches were.

Oh also right in the feels:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mPm_bK0BpSQ

bread's done
Back