Halo 4 out November 6th!!

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm gonna assume you maybe changed your avatar look illegally and assumed it was ok? That's like majority of the reason why people are banned. I used to love reading their ban stories[/QUOTE]

I Did some research: I Probably got banned for setting up a US account, 4 years ago, even though I'm from Argentina.
Until 2 weeks ago, Xbox live did not even support Argentina, so it was the only option.
Giving me a heads up that I can now fill in my real country before Perma-Banning me would be the right course of action, But turns out Microsoft are to cool for that.

As I said in the comment above ^^^
I Probably got banned for "faking" my accounts country, but I didn't really have a choice. ( Xbox live didn't support Argentina until a couple of weeks ago)

What do you mean by "changing your avatar illegally"?
You mean that "Mii" bullcrap? :X
I never even customized my Avatar... I just picked a default model.
Why would people even hack this stuff to begin with.

To be honest, even if they will lift the ban, I don't think I'll bother subscribing to XBL-Gold anymore.
Though I can't play Spartan-Ops without a gold account, I am really enjoying the Single Player.

So its gonna be a bunch of people sprinting toward the vehicles for achievements the luck involved with getting a melee kill while landing from a man cannon has to be almost impossible

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, those are lame. Completely random situations that might never come up unless you're specifically boosting for them, and thereby ruining the flow of the game for everyone else. :p

I could kind of see getting the melee from a man canon one from a game of Capture the Flag on Ragnarok, especially if you're chasing or being chased by the enemy team coming from a the flag zone.

If they implement Gauss Hogs you could get the airborne warthog achievement. Even on Exile there is the man canon that a driver could drive to and the gunner would just have to score a lucky shot to get it. But you're right that it will definitely mess up the game, since people will probably be wasting the Warthog in the quest for this achievement.

Though I'm just assuming these achievements work across all maps, and aren't Crimson Maps specific. I hated it when they did that with the later map packs in Reach.

Just got the Roses vs. Violets on Ep 5 Ch 5. I don't really follow RvB much, but it was fun.

Instead of dropping Spartan Lasers as they did the first time, they dropped a bunch of "sports equipment" (Gravity Hammers) to kill the Hunters and Wraiths with.

OK...finally got my Specializations code. Entered it on the site. Should they be showing up in the list? I still only have Wetwork and Operator listed still....Im not at 50 so Its okay, just curious

[quote name='Only One Haze']OK...finally got my Specializations code. Entered it on the site. Should they be showing up in the list? I still only have Wetwork and Operator listed still....Im not at 50 so Its okay, just curious[/QUOTE]
It does that sometimes its annoying. I used to use scanner helmet and it wouldn't show up sometimes same with specs you gotta dashboard

hmm...I shut the system down and back on and still not showing

edit...nm, Im an idiot. Put the code in but didnt realize I had to download something...got it now. Thanks!

Just getting into doing the Spartan Ops, so dumb you can only do matchmaking on the latest episode... After you have played the chapters, do you get more XP if you replay it, or only for the first time through?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Crimson Map Pack Achievements are balls...[/QUOTE]
Seriously. I really hope you can do them in custom games like the first set of Reach DLC achievements, because some of these are fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='Only One Haze']Just getting into doing the Spartan Ops, so dumb you can only do matchmaking on the latest episode... After you have played the chapters, do you get more XP if you replay it, or only for the first time through?[/QUOTE]
You usually get around 2000-3000XP plus progress towards commendations doing a custom game of Spartan Ops regardless of difficulty or time. You can't use 2XP either.

You could only get like 3 in customs in reach on defiant maps I don't think I've ever gotten a melee kill with mantis not even in campaign

[quote name='MtlTom']Seriously. I really hope you can do them in custom games like the first set of Reach DLC achievements, because some of these are fucking ridiculous.

You usually get around 2000-3000XP plus progress towards commendations doing a custom game of Spartan Ops regardless of difficulty or time. You can't use 2XP either.[/QUOTE]

Actually, while you don't get double xp if you do a solo or custom game of spartan ops, if you play spartan ops matchmaking, you will get the double xp.

[quote name='Only One Haze']Just getting into doing the Spartan Ops, so dumb you can only do matchmaking on the latest episode... [/QUOTE]
You could put up a request on this site for players for older chapters, though. I'm sure as time passes new players from this site will want to play previous chapters and will want teammates.

Has anybody been able to destroy Mongooses in this game? I have one destroyed, but every time since then the people either get off of it, or I get the kill but am unable to destroy the vehicle. I wish they had a time limit like 3 seconds to blow up a vehicle after an enemy was in it to count as a vehicle destroyed.

That, plasma pistol kills and King Assassinations will probably never be 100%'d by me.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']You could put up a request on this site for players for older chapters, though. I'm sure as time passes new players from this site will want to play previous chapters and will want teammates.
[/QUOTE]

I'd be up for this. I still haven't played any of the Spartan Ops missions so if anyone is interested in playing all of the older chapters feel free to add me and send a message.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm done for trying to get at least one marine left alive in spartan ops[/QUOTE]

It's super easy if you have 4 people. Just do matchmaking and I got it on the first try.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm done for trying to get at least one marine left alive in spartan ops[/QUOTE]

After you save the marines, get on top of the middle base so they follow you up there. Afterwards, use nothing but rockets and keep guard of the entrance to make sure the elites with the swords don't even have a chance to attack the marines. For the next wave with the covenant ships, just use the Spartan Laser.

[quote name='GUNNM']Thanks for the advice on the marine achievement.

Looks like they added winning kill cam at the end of a game[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it in already during launch week? I did notice that it wasn't anymore after a couple of weeks, but always wondered why.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Anybody get their specialization code yet? Seriously starting to get worried.[/QUOTE]

got mine a couple days ago....Came in a message on live, not email.

It looks like there's going to be a Halo 4 tournament via Xbox Live, called Infinity Challenge:
http://www.majornelson.com/2012/12/...m-up-to-launch-the-halo-4-infinity-challenge/

Also, Spartan Ops will be taking a mid-season break until the middle of January. Next week, a "best of" selection of chapters will be available in matchmaking. Then, from December 17 - January 14, episodes 1-5 will be available in matchmaking again (one at a time), for the Infinity Challenge.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Anybody get their specialization code yet? Seriously starting to get worried.[/QUOTE]

I got a used vanilla copy a few weeks back, all I did was put disc in and did update and for some reason took disc out and never played the game itself and returned it back to GS. Last night via xbox messages I received the specialization code.

So yea..check your xbox inbox

[quote name='Only One Haze']got mine a couple days ago....Came in a message on live, not email.[/QUOTE]

Gamerdude, did you post in that halo forum thread I linked in this thread? I did and got mine as a message on live two days ago.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Gamerdude, did you post in that halo forum thread I linked in this thread? I did and got mine as a message on live two days ago.[/QUOTE]

I did, havent seen any Xbox Live messages yet....

So i just did the solo legendary in spartan ops. Wow. so you get unlimited respawns? That makes things way too easy...I mean yeah, I died like 23 times, but I was able to pull it off.....Is there any real reason to not do all these missions solo on legendary? Besides it being tedious and boring? Just wondering.

On the other hand, finished the campaign by myself on heroic. One of my favorite halos. Thank fucking god there
no flood or anything like the flood in this game. fucking flood is just not fun one bit to me

[quote name='AshesofWake']So i just did the solo legendary in spartan ops. Wow. so you get unlimited respawns? That makes things way too easy...I mean yeah, I died like 23 times, but I was able to pull it off.....Is there any real reason to not do all these missions solo on legendary? Besides it being tedious and boring? Just wondering.

On the other hand, finished the campaign by myself on heroic. One of my favorite halos. Thank fucking god there
no flood or anything like the flood in this game. fucking flood is just not fun one bit to me
[/QUOTE]

There's 0 point in playing Spartan Ops on Legendary solo unless you like having your experience being tedious and boring.

Also, they absolutely need to include unlimited respawns with how much they throw at you. The last Episode was insane with how many enemies the game throws at you at a time.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']There's 0 point in playing Spartan Ops on Legendary solo unless you like having your experience being tedious and boring.

Also, they absolutely need to include unlimited respawns with how much they throw at you. The last Episode was insane with how many enemies the game throws at you at a time.[/QUOTE]

figured as so. I mean I thought it was going to be like, die once restart completely or something. I dunno. But it was just boring as I had thought. Just thought the achievement might have been hard to get, guess not. oh well. Just wish there were options for matchmaking for all episodes not just the current one.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']You would have received it via e-mail.[/QUOTE]Those who mistakenly didn't get the email and signed up on the forum received xbox live messages with an apology and the code as I, Only One Haze and a few others have posted here about. Can't hurt to keep checking email and spam folders though.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I did, havent seen any Xbox Live messages yet....[/QUOTE]Strange. You sure you qualified? You did play a game before the 20th and not just put in the disc, right? Maybe they accidentally missed your post in that thread. You could post there again.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Those who mistakenly didn't get the email and signed up on the forum received xbox live messages with an apology and the code as I, Only One Haze and a few others have posted here about. Can't hurt to keep checking email and spam folders though.

Strange. You sure you qualified? You did play a game before the 20th and not just put in the disc, right? Maybe they accidentally missed your post in that thread. You could post there again.[/QUOTE]

Yup, played a good amount before the 20th so I should qualify. I also havent gotten my 100 point rebate for buying the season pass...guess I'll just post in the thread again and see what happens.

All those month promotion points always come months after. I remember from previous promos. Months later i would get some random small point amount in my account. Then if you check xbox live rewards site it will show you

You put it in on the doritos/dew xp site, log into live on the site and click apply/redeem whatever it is and then when you log on to your system and play it will tell you after the match when showing your score you have so many double xp rounds left.

Edit....You have a certain number of matches per code, depending on what the code came from. A bag of Doritos is 12 matches worth, a 20 oz Dew is 3 matches. And you can enter as many at a time as you want.

Ah ok thanks wanted to buy some in xbox market place but if its only 12 matches maximum per code(if its doritos) I'll just grind it out

Yeah, if you do Spartan Ops you can max at 11,900 (after doubling) per match which is pretty good. I normally get around 2200-2500 per match (win) in War Games so only maybe 5000 after doubling. So if you do it, Spartan Ops is the way to go.

[quote name='Only One Haze']Yeah, if you do Spartan Ops you can max at 11,900 (after doubling) per match which is pretty good. I normally get around 2200-2500 per match (win) in War Games so only maybe 5000 after doubling. So if you do it, Spartan Ops is the way to go.[/QUOTE]

hmm wish I would have known that when i had like 5 codes I just did Flood though it went pretty fast and got a good amount of XP

[quote name='dirtyvu']dang, didn't know doritos was the way to go. been drinking tons of dew... :p[/QUOTE]I've never seen a single doritos bag for this promo and I've looked all over. I get lots of mt dew 12 packs anyway though. Still haven't used all the 2xp from MW3's similar promo last year since I only played in 2xp events in order to get 4xp.

Yeah I have only seen literally 3 bags of doritos in the last week. I remember seeing a ton of them right before and right after launch. Havent looked for Mt. Dew.

bread's done
Back