Halo 4 out November 6th!!

[quote name='saunderscowie']Any tips on getting the warthog kill achievement?[/QUOTE]

Be in the passenger's seat. Use a rocket launcher.

Wow, this glitch that deletes all your singleplayer progress would probably be the last straw for me if I hadn't foolishly bought the season pass. Just one more baffilingly sad fuck up on 343's part. Looking at the Waypoint forums, apparently I'm not the only one who had this happen. All my loadouts and customization got wiped as well. The latter stuff only took a couple of minutes to get back to how I wanted it, but the single player thing is incredibly annoying. I was in the middle of a legendary solo run when it happened. Thankfully I only lost the first two levels.

Had a session with a group of True Achievements guys and got all the Crimson achievements (although by the time it happened I only needed warthog air kill and Mantis stomps). Their session setup system works really well. The hard part was getting our two Halo parties matched into the same game, we eventually figured it out by getting the two people in our XBox party who were in closest proximity to be the Halo party leaders and beginning to search at the exact same time.

[quote name='saunderscowie']Any tips on getting the warthog kill achievement?[/QUOTE]

In addition to the one above (which is probably easiest), you don't have to use a weapon. You can land on a guy if you're the driver.

It's a little flakey (took 2 or 3 times for me), but I did get that way. It's even more likely to pop if the guy you splatter is mid-jump.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The hard part was getting our two Halo parties matched into the same game, we eventually figured it out by getting the two people in our XBox party who were in closest proximity to be the Halo party leaders and beginning to search at the exact same time.[/quote]

The key to many games to be honest... but truth be told. Why didn't you guys just make one 12 player party and skip the random matchup?

Apparently it's just from Halo 4. And it's apparently, and I use that word strongly, for anyone who has the Crimson DLC, season pass included.

So, I dunno. If I am banned from Halo 4, I'm done with Halo then, and 343 and Microsoft only have themselves to blame.

Wow, what a joke 343 is becoming. I STILL never received a specialization code from them either...an awesome CAG gave me an extra but its still a mess.

I'm gonna log on in a little bit and see if I'm banned I'm kinda hoping I am so I can finish playing BL 2 dlc. I haven't even started mr.torgue yet

This is almost too funny to be sad.
Microsoft abused their own customers to no end.
First, my 2007 Xbox got RROD'd.
Then, my second Xbox got perma-banned simply because XBL did not support the country I live in:
(For some strange reason Microsoft decided not to include Argentina in the "supported country" list. After asking in the official forums, an OFFICIAL EMPLOYEE told me to register as a US-Account, and so I did.
A phew years later, and I get perma banned for doing exactly what they told me.)

The saddest part in all the story, is that the "White Knights" keep defending Microsoft no matter what.
After posting my ban-story in this thread, a few weeks ago, the first response I got was this:
Originally Posted by fatmanforlife99 :
They don't ban for no reason man, cry some where else

So where are you, Mr. fatmanforlife99?
Show yourself, my dear White Knight.

THE RESULTS ARE IN!

I am...........okay.

"Accessing Xbox Live will require you have two security proofs on your account...."

[quote name='KingBroly']So, has anyone gotten banned because they got the Halo 4 DLC?[/QUOTE]Boosting achievements? I highly doubt it.

First, MS's policy has always been that boosting achievements is fine, cracking open your profile and giving them to yourself digitally is bad.

Second, if you look at the list of bannable offensive you don't see achievements on the list.

Also, their matchmaking system has a “get them if you want them” mentality to it... You can put 12 buddies in one Halo party and play against each other...? The system is there to do it easily if you want to and if you want to the system lets you do it without bothering anyone who wants to do it right. (or just wants to play the game.)

That all said, you better do it smartly... aka if you split screen you better make sure you don't let the second controller idle the entire time. (I suspect that's s what the system is objecting too.)

[quote name='Jean Luc Picard']This is almost too funny to be sad.
Microsoft abused their own customers to no end.
First, my 2007 Xbox got RROD'd.
Then, my second Xbox got perma-banned simply because XBL did not support the country I live in:
(For some strange reason Microsoft decided not to include Argentina in the "supported country" list. After asking in the official forums, an OFFICIAL EMPLOYEE told me to register as a US-Account, and so I did.
A phew years later, and I get perma banned for doing exactly what they told me.)

The saddest part in all the story, is that the "White Knights" keep defending Microsoft no matter what.
After posting my ban-story in this thread, a few weeks ago, the first response I got was this:

So where are you, Mr. fatmanforlife99?
Show yourself, my dear White Knight.[/QUOTE]

I am right here bitch. I am not defending them at all. You got to understand the banhammer is automatic and is from time to time too powerful and needs to be fixed. This was accident and I am sure you will be compensated in some way or another. I like how you blame MS for everything. Ya they fucked up with the rrod, but they fixed it for free. You got perma banned cause you violated the rules dude, if Argentina is not on the supported list and you sign up with an American account, what do you expect to happen? I know they said it was ok, but not every support person is 100 percent knowledgeable on everything.

I laugh at you calling me out. I have never been suspended or banned from MS or a specific game. I follow the rules for the most part, talk a little shit from time to time, but that is it. If you did not get banned by 343 you can't really comment on it can you? I stand by what I said earlier, this has happened in previous games and 9 times out of 10 people who are banned, are so for a legit reason.

Outside these anomalies, follow the rules and you won't get banned crybaby.
Also, why do you keep on supporting MS if they have done so much "wrong" by you?

343 responded in that thread and said they are not banning anyone for downloading or "previewing" the map pack and they are investigating the problem.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I am right here bitch. I am not defending them at all. You got to understand the banhammer is automatic and is from time to time too powerful and needs to be fixed. This was accident and I am sure you will be compensated in some way or another. I like how you blame MS for everything. Ya they fucked up with the rrod, but they fixed it for free. You got perma banned cause you violated the rules dude, if Argentina is not on the supported list and you sign up with an American account, what do you expect to happen? I know they said it was ok, but not every support person is 100 percent knowledgeable on everything.

I laugh at you calling me out. I have never been suspended or banned from MS or a specific game. I follow the rules for the most part, talk a little shit from time to time, but that is it. If you did not get banned by 343 you can't really comment on it can you? I stand by what I said earlier, this has happened in previous games and 9 times out of 10 people who are banned, are so for a legit reason.

Outside these anomalies, follow the rules and you won't get banned crybaby.
Also, why do you keep on supporting MS if they have done so much "wrong" by you?[/QUOTE]

Excuse me for the language, but you are a real fucking idiot.
When you sell a certain product, ANYWHERE, you are responsible for its functionality.
Not only did the product lacked regional support, and not only did they ask me to falsify my region, but they BANNED ME for doing so.
If Microsoft is not to blame for their careless "auto-ban" mechanisms, then who is it?

They glitched a map pack, and screwed the season-pass purchasers.
Then they lied and claimed that the glitch was "a gesture to all halo players".
To make things even worse, now they are banning everyone.

I Couldn't care less that it is an automated banning system.
Automatization may reduce cost, but it does not reduce responsibility.
While a car's breaks may malfunction, and the car may run you over, the driver is to blame.
I have to wonder how old are you, if you think that handing out "accidental console bans" is a no biggy.
Some people have to work for their money, champ.
You may choose to ignore your surroundings, but you don't claim that others are "crying" when they speak out.

[quote name='Jean Luc Picard']Excuse me for the language, but you are a real fucking idiot.
When you sell a certain product, ANYWHERE, you are responsible for its functionality.
Not only did the product lacked regional support, and not only did they ask me to falsify my region, but they BANNED ME for doing so.
If Microsoft is not to blame for their careless "auto-ban" mechanisms, then who is it?

They glitched a map pack, and screwed the season-pass purchasers.
Then they lied and claimed that the glitch was "a gesture to all halo players".
To make things even worse, now they are banning everyone.

I Couldn't care less that it is an automated banning system.
Automatization may reduce cost, but it does not reduce responsibility.
While a car's breaks may malfunction, and the car may run you over, the driver is to blame.
I have to wonder how old are you, if you think that handing out "accidental console bans" is a no biggy.
Some people have to work for their money, champ.
You may choose to ignore your surroundings, but you don't claim that others are "crying" when they speak out.[/QUOTE]

Have fun, cause you trolled me good. I am done with you.

Back on topic haha.

Well for you achievement guys who have yet to do a solo run on legendary, you can load up the last rally point on each mission and it will give you completion. I know this is lame, but you still have to do quite a bit of work to finish the mission.

343 tried to patch it, but from what I have read, made it worse. So you might want to do it sooner rather than later. If you want Masterchief's armor set for MP, make sure you are connected to live when you are doing these missions or you won't get it

original thread:
http://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst165659_Easy-Legendary-Solo-completion.aspx

360a thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=407885

alright, I got my first mountain dew for the double xp (yes, I'm very late to the game).

and then I go to the website and it says the codes have to be redeemed by January 31, 2013. Is that just for redeeming the codes or do I actually have to play all the codes by then?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Back on topic haha.

Well for you achievement guys who have yet to do a solo run on legendary, you can load up the last rally point on each mission and it will give you completion. I know this is lame, but you still have to do quite a bit of work to finish the mission.

343 tried to patch it, but from what I have read, made it worse. So you might want to do it sooner rather than later. If you want Masterchief's armor set for MP, make sure you are connected to live when you are doing these missions or you won't get it

original thread:
http://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst165659_Easy-Legendary-Solo-completion.aspx

360a thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=407885[/QUOTE]

I actually just finished a legendary solo run a few minutes ago. As I mentioned earlier, 343's patch wiped all my singleplayer saves, so after I finished the third through eighth level, I had to go back and redo level one and two on legendary. The first one is no problem, but I found the second one to be one of the longest and most annoying ones on Legendary.

Oh, and when I did beat the final level, it gave me the normal ending instead of the Legendary one. fuckers. I know it's literally like one second of extra footage but I still was really pissed since the problem originated on 343's end. "343 making things worse" seems to be a recurring theme. Apparently the latest fuck up is a few hundred people being banned for no reason.

[quote name='dirtyvu']alright, I got my first mountain dew for the double xp (yes, I'm very late to the game).

and then I go to the website and it says the codes have to be redeemed by January 31, 2013. Is that just for redeeming the codes or do I actually have to play all the codes by then?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you just have to redeem them. You can apply them after that date. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I actually just finished a legendary solo run a few minutes ago. As I mentioned earlier, 343's patch wiped all my singleplayer saves, so after I finished the third through eighth level, I had to go back and redo level one and two on legendary. The first one is no problem, but I found the second one to be one of the longest and most annoying ones on Legendary.

Oh, and when I did beat the final level, it gave me the normal ending instead of the Legendary one. fuckers. I know it's literally like one second of extra footage but I still was really pissed since the problem originated on 343's end. "343 making things worse" seems to be a recurring theme. Apparently the latest fuck up is a few hundred people being banned for no reason.

Pretty sure you just have to redeem them. You can apply them after that date. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

You can watch the legendary ending on youtube if you like.

The rally points work for coop as well just did a full run through in just under 3 hours and I got the achievement I dreaded most, beat the campaign on heroic with a buddy.

I loved the ending part when chief takes off his armor I've watched the most than any other cut scene so far. I also love the cutscene when Jal/Jul? M'dama says PROGRESSS?!!!?!?

I need a buddy first to get that achievement :(

So what's with this infinity challenge you just have to pretty much play all day to stay on the leaderboards and maybe win a truck?

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Pretty sure you just have to redeem them. You can apply them after that date. Not 100% sure, but pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

How can you tell if you are receiving 2XP? I entered a code, redeemed it, then got some errors and messages saying that I already had the maximum number of matched redeemed. Played a few matched and it didn't seem like I was getting 2xp. Might be caused by the fact that I still have about 6 hours of 2xp left from last year's promo for MW3...

according to the website, you can redeem a max of 200 matches. you've bought and played 200 matches of double xp???

I just started trying it out. you redeem the code. then on the upper left of the web site you log into your xbox live account. then it'll ask how many of the matches do you want to apply toward your account. so a 12-pack of Mountain Dew gets you 6 matches. so i applied 6 matches toward H4. then after I finished a H4 round or match, it would double my xp. so instead of getting, saying 5000 xp in a round of Spartan Ops, I would get 10000 xp. Then it said I would be down to 5 matches left.

the suckiest part is if you have a terrible match. now I know why some chapters in spartan ops are popular and some have no gamers. I joined the first chapter of the fourth episode, I think, and there were so few enemies to kill, I only earned 2500 xp which got doubled to 5000. after that, I started playing the most popular chapters (which are much longer and have much more enemies to kill) to make sure I got 10000+ xp.

For those who still need legendary spartan ops achievement you can play the whole first chapter in legendary. 7k exp a game

did they bump up the difficulty for spartan ops today? I was playing last night (1AM PST) and it was noticeably harder.

and my XP points were higher for the match than before.

Yes its normally heroic but this week it'll be all on legendary which you can go for the achievement now if you don't wanna solo or have co op partners for the legendary achievement.

14k exp a game if you have double xp codes ( which I don't :( )

[quote name='GUNNM']Yes its normally heroic but this week it'll be all on legendary which you can go for the achievement now if you don't wanna solo or have co op partners for the legendary achievement.

14k exp a game if you have double xp codes ( which I don't :( )[/QUOTE]

I already got the achievement a couple weeks ago...damn!

I have 7 kills with the Plasma Pistol. That's more than I have with the Storm Rifle and Suppressor, combined. That just seems backwards.

alright, it seems that 2 Liter bottles of Mountain Dew is a better value for double XP than a 12 pack of Mountain Dew. with the 2L, you get 3 matches of double XP. with the 12 pack, you get 6 matches.

Anyone want to hammer out the Bros to the Close achievement (keep marines alive during the jungle mission)? Probably need two other people, preferably three. Those AI marines are pretty dumb so the more human targets out there, the easier it'll be. I'm free most of the time until after the holidays, so whenever.

[quote name='jdawgg76']How can you tell if you are receiving 2XP? I entered a code, redeemed it, then got some errors and messages saying that I already had the maximum number of matched redeemed. Played a few matched and it didn't seem like I was getting 2xp. Might be caused by the fact that I still have about 6 hours of 2xp left from last year's promo for MW3...[/QUOTE]

Not sure what's up with the error, but you'll get a quick double xp notification when your xp results are shown at the end of a match, also showing how many double xp matches you have left.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Anyone want to hammer out the Bros to the Close achievement (keep marines alive during the jungle mission)?[/QUOTE]
I asked about this over a week ago and Gunnm asked about it a day ago, with no replies. You'd probably be better off asking on a gaming site, as no one here seems to be interested in joining up.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I asked about this over a week ago and Gunnm asked about it a day ago, with no replies. You'd probably be better off asking on a gaming site, as no one here seems to be interested in joining up.[/QUOTE]

Shrug. Ok. Offer still stands if anyone needs the achievement.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Shrug. Ok. Offer still stands if anyone needs the achievement.[/QUOTE]
Werd add me I added someone like a week ago and he doesn't even play the game anymore. I also need co op heroic if you need that as well

[quote name='KaneRobot']Anyone want to hammer out the Bros to the Close achievement (keep marines alive during the jungle mission)? Probably need two other people, preferably three. Those AI marines are pretty dumb so the more human targets out there, the easier it'll be. I'm free most of the time until after the holidays, so whenever.

Not sure what's up with the error, but you'll get a quick double xp notification when your xp results are shown at the end of a match, also showing how many double xp matches you have left.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I tried again last night and the site worked smoothly this time and had no problem applying my first six matches. Now to get time to play a few matches...

[quote name='SCIENCEEE']Anyone up for legendary co-op? I want to get the mk6 armor.[/QUOTE]

I need the last level of legendary.

Will add GUNNM to my list, if anyone else wants to work on it (Bros to the Close) lemme know. I'm sure we can do it with three but four would be optimal.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Will add GUNNM to my list, if anyone else wants to work on it (Bros to the Close) lemme know. I'm sure we can do it with three but four would be optimal.[/QUOTE]

I'd probably be down to get it too.

the more the merrier.

Tried solo on heroic I've tried giving them better weapons IE switching those with magnums to light rifles but its just brutal on the final part with creepers and knights rushing you.

Ok, added GamerDude as well.

I think part of it (at the end) is letting at marines get on the turrets since they're decent at actually doing some work that way, and then the players staying nearby the remaining AIs to prevent anything from going after them. I'm sure it'll take a few tries, but that's what "reload last checkpoint" is for.

Just invite me whenever you're ready even if I'm not on halo. Taking a break from halo for a bit I played it non stop for a month

If you still need a fourth, I'll be on today.

You'd probably be better off keeping all 4 Spartans down low at the part where Cortana opens the door, just so that they immediately battle the Knights and Crawlers, allowing the turret Marines to fire without being shot at (hopefully).

bread's done
Back