Halo 4 Pre-order Bonuses & Deals - Releases 11/6/12

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]28701[/IMG-R]Halo 4 is out next week to great reviews. Check out our listing of Halo 4 pre-order bonuses and deals.[/preview]
Release Date 11/6/12

Pre-order bonus information from Halo Waypoint forums & Halopedia
All retailers include free shipping.

Sync Your AMEX with Your X360/Gamertag and Beat Halo 4 on Normal, Get $35 & More

iconamazon.gif
Amazon $59.00
$10 Amazon Instant Video Credit
Skin: Web Armor: CIO
Emblem: Spartan
Emblem: Bulletproof

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy $59.99
$20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
Skin: Raptor Armor: Venator
Skin: Dead Eye helmet skin
Poster: Master Chief Poster

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop $59.99
Skin: Forest Armor: HAZOP
Skin: Arctic Weapon: Battle Rifle

:360: Microsoft Store $59.99
$25 off next Microsoft Store purchase
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

:360: Microsoft Store (B&M) $54.99
$25 Gift Card for the Microsoft Store
Skin: Pulse Armor: Gungnir

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart $59.99 Limited Edition $99.96
$4.99 Vudu credit
Skin: Oceanic Armor (Circuit)

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 [requires coupon code EMCJJNH48 - EXPIRES 11/4]
No Bonuses

FRYS $49.99 [no free shipping, $2.99 for economy]
No Bonuses

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnWayne']How long did it take you to get that many points on bing?[/QUOTE]

I've got a few accounts, its probably closer to 3000 MSP now that I think about it though.

[quote name='megma42']According to the email I received after I registered my code, yes. Said that it would be emailed on release day.

The card will work just like a regular Wal-Mart gift card.[/QUOTE]

So I could technically buy multiples and then just put them all together to buy other stuff at wal mart...is this correct?

[quote name='GamerDude316']I've got a few accounts, its probably closer to 3000 MSP now that I think about it though.[/QUOTE]

How long do you think it took you though? I may start doing it again

[quote name='Evolved']I bought the console through best buy online with insore pick up. That way I can avoid tax, get $20 cert and get the system on launch day. Right now it looks like best buy pre-orders are "in store" only though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went to my local Best Buy and they stopped taking orders a week ago. Not sure if they are saving them for later. So I guess Amazon is the best option for pre-ordering the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console?

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I didn't see this tidbit listed in the OP.

Just came back from the Microsoft Store (Fashion valley) and asked if Halo 4 had any pre-order incentives.

They said you get a 25$ gift card PLUS a 1600 microsoft point card. So yeah. Awesome.

[quote name='Evolved']I bought the console through best buy online with insore pick up. That way I can avoid tax, get $20 cert and get the system on launch day. Right now it looks like best buy pre-orders are "in store" only though.[/QUOTE]

I payed for mine with a gift card and still got charged taxes online and I'm pretty sure my state (Texas) also doesn't charge taxes when paying with a gift card as I was buying games at GameStop the other day with a gift card and wasn't being charged tax. I may have used a RZ certificate, I don't remember but could that have been why I was charged tax?

I'm set on the MS Store - hopefully I can pick up the 1600 point card too, but I think that employee was incorrect. Going tomorrow. All these deals plus the AmEx deals, pretty incredible.

alright, went with the Microsoft Store preorder. $25 for the game (60 retail price - 10 coupon from a previous preorder - 25 gift card).

plus, I've had preorders from the store arrive on release day (Just Dance 4, Forza Horizon, etc.).

I'm actually going with the MS Store as well. I want the map pass so I will use the $25 credit towards MS points for that and it will come out cheaper than if I went through Newegg.

[quote name='garrett9418']Yeah I went to my local Best Buy and they stopped taking orders a week ago. Not sure if they are saving them for later. So I guess Amazon is the best option for pre-ordering the Halo 4 Limited Edition Console?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I guess amazon is your best bet.
[quote name='JohnWayne']I payed for mine with a gift card and still got charged taxes online and I'm pretty sure my state (Texas) also doesn't charge taxes when paying with a gift card as I was buying games at GameStop the other day with a gift card and wasn't being charged tax. I may have used a RZ certificate, I don't remember but could that have been why I was charged tax?[/QUOTE]
RZ cert shouldn't of had an impact as usually they deduct that number of the product price. Was it partial tax or were you taxed on the full price?

I should be getting 2 sets of the Gamestop Pre-orders (Getting both the LE and the LE Console). Would be willing to trade for either the BB or Amazon pre-order bonuses. Hit me up with a PM if interested.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm actually going with the MS Store as well. I want the map pass so I will use the $25 credit towards MS points for that and it will come out cheaper than if I went through Newegg.[/QUOTE]

And then, minutes after this post I actually went on the MS store and saw that they do NOT sell MS points in chunks like Amazon does. So, going with Newegg afterall since it will be cheaper in the long run and I can live without having it release date.

Man I wish there was a Microsoft store within 300 miles of me......either way, I decided to pre-order at Gamestop since they have the most bonuses, and I dont feel like waiting a week to get Best Buy's code.

I know that there is no real answer to this question, but how many codes do you think we will get from Gamestop? One for all the bonuses or one for each? I'm wondering how I can sell this on ebay lol.

Not sure if it goes here, but the Toys R Us in the Bridgepointe Mall in San Mateo, CA is already selling Halo 4 Xbox Bundle. I didn't see the standalone game, but I didn't have time to ask an associate if the game is also available because the line for the game counter was very long and there was only one guy working.

[quote name='po00op']Not sure if it goes here, but the Toys R Us in the Bridgepointe Mall in San Mateo, CA is already selling Halo 4 Xbox Bundle. I didn't see the standalone game, but I didn't have time to ask an associate if the game is also available because the line for the game counter was very long and there was only one guy working.[/QUOTE]

Try the regional deals forum as well.

[quote name='henhowc']My B&M Microsoft Store pre-order was 59.99 where did the 54.99 come from?[/QUOTE]
I would like to know as well.

[quote name='outkastx']I know that there is no real answer to this question, but how many codes do you think we will get from Gamestop? One for all the bonuses or one for each? I'm wondering how I can sell this on ebay lol.[/QUOTE]

eBay is "cracking down" on this. I sold my code from preordering Borderlands 2 fine, but my listing (along with a ton of others) were removed for the Resident Evil maps.

They claimed that it's against the rules to sell gaming codes on eBay. Violate it twice and your account is banned or something like that.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']eBay is "cracking down" on this. I sold my code from preordering Borderlands 2 fine, but my listing (along with a ton of others) were removed for the Resident Evil maps.

They claimed that it's against the rules to sell gaming codes on eBay. Violate it twice and your account is banned or something like that.[/QUOTE]

As long as you actually ship the codes, i think you are ok. It's when you just email them that is the problem. You have to indicate that you are shipping the codes in your auction.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Man I wish there was a Microsoft store within 300 miles of me......either way, I decided to pre-order at Gamestop since they have the most bonuses, and I dont feel like waiting a week to get Best Buy's code.[/QUOTE]

Why would you wait a week? They're printed on the receipt AND emailed to you.

[quote name='outkastx']As long as you actually ship the codes, i think you are ok. It's when you just email them that is the problem. You have to indicate that you are shipping the codes in your auction.[/QUOTE]

I wrote that I was shipping the code and my auction was still removed.

I have 2 auctions that were taken down and I wasn't banned.. so you can get atleast 2. No idea what happens if you get 3. My ebay standing is "low" now for having the same violation twice in 3 months.. all my listing are at the bottom of search results. It should reset after 3 months but that will be after the holidays.

When I called ebay to ask how I could sell the codes they said it was fine if you sell something physical and include the code with it.. like a hat with a free code, so I plan on doing something like that in the future, but they made it very clear that a code by itself, even if shipping it is a copyright violation.

[quote name='Travman93']Why would you wait a week? They're printed on the receipt AND emailed to you.[/QUOTE]

Not always, i brought LBP and SFxTK for Vita there. Pre-ordered both, LBP took almost a week to get the codes, and 2 weeks later and I have yet to hear anything about SFxTK.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I wrote that I was shipping the code and my auction was still removed.

I have 2 auctions that were taken down and I wasn't banned.. so you can get atleast 2. No idea what happens if you get 3. My ebay standing is "low" now for having the same violation twice in 3 months.. all my listing are at the bottom of search results. It should reset after 3 months but that will be after the holidays.

When I called ebay to ask how I could sell the codes they said it was fine if you sell something physical and include the code with it.. like a hat with a free code, so I plan on doing something like that in the future, but they made it very clear that a code by itself, even if shipping it is a copyright violation.[/QUOTE]

Yep! Just a warning for anyone who is thinking of doing the same. They also encourage you to report any listings that are identical to yours. :lol:

Anyways, am I the only one that is disappointed by the preorder bonuses for this title? Some character skins and video credit? Meh. Even the limited edition is kinda lame in my opinion. Just expected more from a Halo game, if that makes sense.

I have 2 orders in at the moment. I was planning on cancelling one of them, but then I realized that I can make money here.

1) Best Buy (already got my free Lithograph Halo 4 poster- unopened). Sticking with this order because of the helmet and Raptor armor. By the way, the poster is awesome. I would hang it up if I had a game room...
2) NewEgg for $44.99....Yes, $44.99.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the back-up copy since NewEgg couldn't possibly get this game to me in time (and I want it on Tuesday), so I'll just end up selling the extra game + poster for $75 or more on ebay probably. Not too shabby. AND I took advantage of that $0.05 VUDU Halo 4 card fiasco Wal-Mart threw out not too long ago, so I may even include some armor codes (if I actually get them from Wal-mart).

Crap -- still no AC3 bonus from MS and now Halo shows OOS:
"We're sorry but Halo 4 for Xbox 360 is currently out of stock and cannot be added to your cart. We apologize for any inconvenience."

[quote name='hustletron']Anyone find anything on what the in game armor/helmets are for buying the season pass?[/QUOTE]

Click D0RC's spoiler tag

Hey guys!

I had a couple extra codes from the King of the Hill phone game. Thought I would throw them in here for whoever wanted to grab them.

Halo 4 "Longbow" Dashboard theme: 63R7H-W44MH-DWDXF-7JMTK-KWR7Z

Bulletproof Emblem: VKW9M-72T79-W9MP3-9MW3F-HP26Z

Cheers!

[quote name='skullk']Hey guys!

I had a couple extra codes from the King of the Hill phone game. Thought I would throw them in here for whoever wanted to grab them.

Cheers![/QUOTE]
Used -- thanks!!!

[quote name='skullk']Hey guys!

Cheers![/QUOTE]

if anyone has anymore longbow theme codes that they don't want, i'll take one in a pm if you don't mind please!!

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Downloaded the King of the hill game, but don't have any 7-11's near me. Was kind of excited to get the avatar prop and armor code[/QUOTE]

What is the King of the Hill game everybody is talking about?

If I have the LE preordered from BB.com for in store pickup, do you think they'll let me get the LE guide for half off? Not sure how I can add it without messing up my preorder.

Looks like you can maybe get the stuff from the King of the Hill app free, I sure as hell dont plan on popping up at 7/11's just to scan stuff with my phone lol

[quote name='dgwillia006']Looks like you can maybe get the stuff from the King of the Hill app free, I sure as hell dont plan on popping up at 7/11's just to scan stuff with my phone lol[/QUOTE]

How?

[quote name='WingsDJY']If I have the LE preordered from BB.com for in store pickup, do you think they'll let me get the LE guide for half off? Not sure how I can add it without messing up my preorder.[/QUOTE]

Wait, how would you get the LE guide half off?

[quote name='JohnWayne']Wait, how would you get the LE guide half off?[/QUOTE]

It's in the BB ad. Half off the CE/LE guide when you buy the game.

[quote name='WingsDJY']It's in the BB ad. Half off the CE/LE guide when you buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Oh I see, I'll try n do the same thing then. I hope it doesn't screw up my RZ cert.

[quote name='dgwillia006']How do you scan items though? It doesnt seem to be an option, I'm just spamming scavage right now[/QUOTE]

It's an option within one of the menus; if you go to attack with no supplies it will tell you that you need to resupply.
All it scans is the generic logo on the bag/bottle.
Can only do it once per "match," which is 50 or 60 minutes long, I think.
You can also refer friends via email and get a 50% supply bonus.

I'm "roaming" around to the other 7-11's in my state-- one guy has 2755 points, haha.

bread's done
Back