Halo: combat evolved anniversary price?

LtKetch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Anniversary was announced as a $39.99 game. I have read it on IGN, Gamespot and Shacknews. Yet FS, BB and BB.com all have it listed as $59.99. I know they can do price adjustments, but this makes me hesitate to pre-order. Any thoughts or information Cags?

give it time...it was just released

hell FS has Minecraft as a $59 title and I'd almost certainly say that that game will be a $15-$20 XBLA release instead of a retail product

True...I suppose I can pre-order and then cancel if the price holds. It just seems strange when the MRSP is so clearly available, unlike Minecraft.

I've heard on a few gaming websites (Giant Bomb, etc) that Halo CE Anniversary is going to be priced at $39.99. Remains to be seen if this is accurate, but it sounds about right to me.

[quote name='Dominator42']My guess is they'll throw the Halo 4 beta in it and charge $60 for it[/QUOTE]

Just what I was thinking, and it'll be smart of them to do so for attracting those who aren't into the classic Halo but "just want to new version". Having the Halo 4 beta would definitely entice OTF buyers.

As for me, I wouldn't mind the $60 price tag assuming the beta period is like a month or longer. Shorter than that, it's not worth it for me.

Also, I talked to someone on the FS E3 thread about price adjustments (forgot name). I still believe though that if you preordered at 59.99 and they adjusted the price to 39.99, FS should allow you to do one of the following:

a.) move your preorder to a fixed 59.99 MSRP game
b.) take the additional $20 off, bringing the total of the game to 19.99

FS shouldn't let you lose your $20 discount to the sale because they didn't keep up to date with the MSRP. It relates too closely to a bait-and-switch if that occurs.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Just what I was thinking, and it'll be smart of them to do so for attracting those who aren't into the classic Halo but "just want to new version". Having the Halo 4 beta would definitely entice OTF buyers.

As for me, I wouldn't mind the $60 price tag assuming the beta period is like a month or longer. Shorter than that, it's not worth it for me.

Also, I talked to someone on the FS E3 thread about price adjustments (forgot name). I still believe though that if you preordered at 59.99 and they adjusted the price to 39.99, FS should allow you to do one of the following:

a.) move your preorder to a fixed 59.99 MSRP game
b.) take the additional $20 off, bringing the total of the game to 19.99

FS shouldn't let you lose your $20 discount to the sale because they didn't keep up to date with the MSRP. It relates too closely to a bait-and-switch if that occurs.[/QUOTE]

Business is never fair.

On the final receipt it'll show the price as $39.99. It doesn't show any discounts, just the price. FS won't or even try to go back 4-5 months to check if they had the promotion.

Besides, I believe it said somewhere that the offer was only valid on games 49.99 and above.

I'm really not impressed enough with the look to Halo Anniv to shell out full price for it.

It looks more like something that should be released as an arcade game for 20 bucks or something..

price is now changed to 39.99 on futureshop website now to figure out if I can get them to change my e3 order and get some money off

[quote name='SenatorZelda']price is now changed to 39.99 on futureshop website now to figure out if I can get them to change my e3 order and get some money off[/QUOTE]

I believe it said somewhere that the offer was only valid on games 49.99 and above.

[quote name='AftComet']I believe it said somewhere that the offer was only valid on games 49.99 and above.[/QUOTE]

I saw that too, so now is the pre-order negated or do they just honor it because the price ends up being $39.99 either way? I will probably end up cancelling the pre-order and pick it up at BB for the RZP and the inevitable bonus RZP that BB will offer.

Ps-thanks for the info guys.

Just checked BB and sure enough 34.99 for a pre-order, interestingly it looks like cancelling my FS order cancels all four games. I say "looks like" because I am too scared to push the button and see if it cancels the whole order.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LtKetch']I saw that too, so now is the pre-order negated or do they just honor it because the price ends up being $39.99 either way? I will probably end up cancelling the pre-order and pick it up at BB for the RZP and the inevitable bonus RZP that BB will offer.

Just checked BB and sure enough 34.99 for a pre-order, interestingly it looks like cancelling my FS order cancels all four games. I say "looks like" because I am too scared to push the button and see if it cancels the whole order.[/QUOTE]

yeah i noticed it was $5 cheaper if you preordered there as well.
If I cant get them to take the 20.00 off the 39.99. which I doubt I can I emailed them and it wasnt 100% clear but it sounded like they wouldnt. However if you call them up and tell them about the best buy offer they may at least price match that

I will likely call them tommorow and ask.

I will also see what there return policy is

[quote name='LtKetch']I saw that too, so now is the pre-order negated or do they just honor it because the price ends up being $39.99 either way? I will probably end up cancelling the pre-order and pick it up at BB for the RZP and the inevitable bonus RZP that BB will offer.

Just checked BB and sure enough 34.99 for a pre-order, interestingly it looks like cancelling my FS order cancels all four games. I say "looks like" because I am too scared to push the button and see if it cancels the whole order.[/QUOTE]

If you call Future Shop they can remove specific items from your order. You can't do it online as you said.

[quote name='AftComet']If you call Future Shop they can remove specific items from your order. You can't do it online as you said.[/QUOTE]

Thank you I would not have thought to do that.

Did anyone phone FS and remove the item from an order with only three items? I'm wondering if the prices for the other items were adjusted higher with only two items on pre-order.

[quote name='Playto']Did anyone phone FS and remove the item from an order with only three items? I'm wondering if the prices for the other items were adjusted higher with only two items on pre-order.[/QUOTE]

It might be safer to just return it in-store when you receive it.

bread's done
Back