Halo DS?!?

Yeah, I just read this and thought about all those "April Fool's" comments there were. Hey it is 1/4 (4/1 reversed) but I guess that would mean its the truth. I guess this didn't work out cause there was some conflict between MS and Nintendo.

Hmm remember how Sony made Playstation after having some sort of disagreement with Nintendo? Could this be MS's push into the handheld games? ...just something to think about =d

AN UNHOLY MERGER!!!!!! THE SKY WOULD COLLAPSE UPON THE EARTH AND ALL LIFE WOULD CEASE TO EXIST!!!!!

And it would probably be pretty fun if there was multiplayer.

Microsoft did allow Age of Empires and MechAssault to be published on the DS. I can see Halo coming out on the DS. It would have been great though if Halo for the DS was more of a strategy game like Halo Wars then a FPS game. It would have worked much better on the DS.

I'm guessing it was more an ego thing as stated in the blog. No reason it wouldn't go based on ananag's examples from an IP standpoint. I wouldn't doubt Nintendo and MS clashed on some proposed changes or lack there of. Moreso than AoE and MechAssault, Halo is MS' golden child.

I find it pretty interesting that the title was even in development. The DS has definitely become a juggernaut and I could only imagine how much more the system would sell with Halo on top of getting Dragon Quest IX.

I would microsoft would rather work with nintendo than sony just because MS and Sony are in more direct competition with their consoles.

However, I thought MS was going to get into the handheld market. If so, then why would they even think about giving up their main game when it would probably be the killer ap for their handheld.

well, DS development is cheap and it already has an install base of millions.. I could have seen it happening. In a reply in the threat Matt said he would try to get video, but he wasn't promising that he could.. so we'll see.

[quote name='uberzone']Halo would be better suited on the PSP anyways.[/QUOTE]

The thought of trying to play a FPS on the PSP...:cold:

[quote name='crazytalkx']The thought of trying to play a FPS on the PSP...:cold:[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should try and then complain. It's definately not as bad as you would think it is, a lot of fps games actually work pretty well.

[quote name='crazytalkx']The thought of trying to play a FPS on the PSP...:cold:[/QUOTE]

Try playing some of the newer FPS games such as MoH or BiA. They actually work well. In order to pull off the Halo music and Halo art style well, I think the PSP would have been a better choice as well. I can't imagine how small the environments or enemies on screen would have to be limited to in order to run on the DS. On the other hand, loading times on the PSP might be a bit bad.

[quote name='whoknows']Maybe you should try and then complain. It's definately not as bad as you would think it is, a lot of fps games actually work pretty well.[/quote]

But the DS has the potential to be the best FPS handheld. I love the controls in Metroid Prime Hunters. Playing a FPS with a stylus is so much easier than with a control stick or mouse. I would buy Halo DS.

[quote name='4tygames']But the DS has the potential to be the best FPS handheld. I love the controls in Metroid Prime Hunters. Playing a FPS with a stylus is so much easier than with a control stick or mouse. I would buy Halo DS.[/quote]

I agree. The control scheme in MPH is the closest thing to the mouse console/handheld FPS's have ever gotten, and that includes Wii (which I think works great). The only issue is that some people get hand cramps, something that I personally have never had a problem with. I'm surprised and a little sad that other developrs haven't tried their hand at FPS's after MPH.

I am one of those that gets hand cramps with metroid prime hunters. I'm not sure how they could do it better though.

I HATE Metroid Prime Hunters. The control completely sucks IMO (on top of not being a real Metroid game). The PSP is *WAY* better for shooters, both because of the hardware and controls. And yes, I actually know this because I've *PLAYED* multiple shooters on both systems.

I'd hate the lousy control this game would have to have, but it would be kind of nifty to see it otherwise.

I have to agree...why not just release it with a slight makeover? It's no like Halo is that distinctive anyway. Just give the person a different generic power suit, change the graphics a bit, and ship it.

bread's done
Back