Halo edition 360 - $400

Seriously. fuck me. This sucks balls being a huge Halo fan. I've got the Xbox 1 Halo box already..and just tons of other Halo shit. I have goddamn official balloons that have the Halo 2 logo on them. BALLOONS.

I'm still on the fence about this. $170 for the Halo box was reasonable...but $400?

Nice find Zew, I was thinking it would be $399.99. Gah, a $50 premium for suckers like me who are into the "LE/CE" shit. Oh well, if it has the 65nm chip, I won't feel so bad trading up for one.

Now to see if GS is starting up pre-orders this week...

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Seriously. fuck me. This sucks balls being a huge Halo fan. I've got the Xbox 1 Halo box already..and just tons of other Halo shit. I have goddamn official balloons that have the Halo 2 logo on them. BALLOONS.

I'm still on the fence about this. $170 for the Halo box was reasonable...but $400?[/QUOTE]
It's not bad if you don't consider the recent $50 price drop. You're getting a limited edition Premium for the Premium price. Plus HDMI and gamerpics/themes.

My bet is you're buying one. ;)

[quote name='zewone']It's not bad if you don't consider the recent $50 price drop. You're getting a limited edition Premium for the Premium price. Plus HDMI and gamerpics/themes.

My bet is you're buying one. ;)[/QUOTE]

How much do used premiums go for these days anyways :) Heh.

It's also kind of lame it didn't come with a transfer kit. Damn that HD...why would it have to be themed too?!

$400 console + $130 Legendary Edition....My wallet just caught fire. If I get one, it's going to be impulse. Just like my Premium 360 that I bought at 4 AM at a Wal-Mart.

[quote name='zewone']It's not bad if you don't consider the recent $50 price drop. You're getting a limited edition Premium for the Premium price. Plus HDMI and gamerpics/themes.

My bet is you're buying one. ;)[/quote]

Plus the play and charge kit. This makes it steal considering they probably could've priced this at the elite price and it would've still sold out.

Hmm...I was under the impression that this was going to be $499.xx or $500. I mean, if you take into consideration of the extras like the play and charge kit, the HDMI port, and that it is going to have a limited production.

At $399.xx, I suppose this is going to be a good deal overall for many. :)

You thought it would be 500? Yeesh.

I suppose 400 isn't that bad. You do get a P/C kit, HDMI port, more reliable system, and something that is limited edition.

I'm very tempted to replace my premium with it, but ehhhhh.

Not a bad price, but it's really silly that they couldn't include the game.

Are they money hungry, or perhaps they don't think Halo nuts (the kind who would buy this console) would want any version other than the supremo 'legendary" edition (and thus MS is considering themselves benevolent by not forcing said Halo nuts to buy 2 copies of the game)?

[quote name='mykevermin']Not a bad price, but it's really silly that they couldn't include the game.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, with 3 different versions of Halo 3 they really couldn't. They would have most likely put in the normal version, but then what if you were already buying the Legendary or Collector's Edition?

Or the Legendary AND Collector's Edition (no comment).

Yeah, I have to get this now, too.

It sounds like a perfectly reasonable price. Considering a play and charge kit is $10-$15 (and I consider it an essential accessory) you're basically getting an HDMI port and a limited edition console for $35-$40 extra. If you really want to use HDMI that's a fair price.

[quote name='mykevermin']Not a bad price, but it's really silly that they couldn't include the game.
[/QUOTE]

Considering they're selling the normal Halo 3 edition for $60 and this console is only $50 more than a premium with extras included, they'd definitely increase the price of this console if they included Halo 3.

Im thinking these 'Halo' 360's will be flipped on ebay for double what people paid for them. Depending on how 'limited' they really are.

[quote name='62t']if that thing ends up retaining value like the halo edition xbox 1 it will be worth getting.[/QUOTE]

The HALO XBOX has value? I have the green one, I couldn't sell it for $50. I even saw one traded in at my local GameRush.

[quote name='doubledown']The HALO XBOX has value? I have the green one, I couldn't sell it for $50. I even saw one traded in at my local GameRush.[/QUOTE]

Ditto that I have a mint one in its box and cant get more than regular value for it anywhere.

[quote name='ajh2298']Ditto that I have a mint one in its box and cant get more than regular value for it anywhere.[/quote]

You waited too long. Those things were going for 2x-3x's its original value on eBay as soon as they vanished from stores. I always wanted one, but never bit...this time I won't hold off.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You waited too long. Those things were going for 2x-3x's its original value on eBay as soon as they vanished from stores. I always wanted one, but never bit...this time I won't hold off.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt get rid of till the 360 came out since it was also my primary X-Box at the time. I am hoping with the release of Halo 3 at the end of September we will see a spike in the value of these things again.

[quote name='gunm']Nice find Zew, I was thinking it would be $399.99. Gah, a $50 premium for suckers like me who are into the "LE/CE" shit. Oh well, if it has the 65nm chip, I won't feel so bad trading up for one.[/QUOTE]I'm one of those suckers, too. I've been thinking about getting a 360, so I was hoping to get this one if there were any hardware changes. This price is okay with me, tho I wish it came with the game.

Off topic, I'm behind on 360 news/rumors... is a 65nm chip definitely happening in the near future?

Yes. I believe they were manufactured during July so it shouldn't be too much longer before they are on the shelves.

What annoys me about this deal is if it were the normal premium I'd be all over it - I want an HDMI port, I don't need the 120 GB drive, but....I don't want the goddamn spinach-flavored diarrhea coloring.

I think this might be the same deal as the Halo Xbox-- it'll be really valuable for a while, then people will not care about it any more once the new system is announced.

The REAL trick is getting a Mountain Dew Xbox. And if you're godly enough, a Panzer Dragoon Orta white Xbox :)

[quote name='Apossum']I think this might be the same deal as the Halo Xbox-- it'll be really valuable for a while, then people will not care about it any more once the new system is announced.

The REAL trick is getting a Mountain Dew Xbox. And if you're godly enough, a Panzer Dragoon Orta white Xbox :)[/QUOTE]

2 of my buddies got the Mountain Dew Xbox back in high school. That thing was about 4x uglier than this one.

For those of you still in high school. If your school has a recycling program like mine did, go around the classrooms and collect all the bottle caps you can, and ask all your friends to save caps for you. This worked out well because our school has a license with Pepsi and there were like 3 or 4 vending machines in the school.

So does anybody have a link to pre order one? or is it gonna be a first come first serve basis? Cause im ready to trade in my 360 to put a pre order on the new one.

[quote name='MetalGator']Any word if the HDMI port is 1.2 or 1.3?[/quote]

Good question. I could've sworn these were going to be 1.3, but I don't have any evidence to back that up.

Thanks, I'll be going down there tomorrow for pre-order.

Also, I think the HDMI is still going to be stuck at 1.2 like the current Elites. Ashame if that holds true, as future-proofing would be that much more of a bonus...

Before any of you get this just for HDMI, in case you haven't heard Premium 360s have started being manufactured with HDMI. Rumor has it Cores will have it soon too.

Nah, we know about the premiums getting HDMI. I just want all that Halo crap. Even if it's that ugly-ass limited color.

Did everybody pre order there's yet? Just wondering cause i wanna pre order mine this Thursday and was wondering if all the pre orders are sold out already? Also does anybody have a pic of what the Headset looks like?

I stopped by a local GS and the two tards at the counter had no clue about the system. When I asked about the preorder, they looked at me with a blank stare in their eyes, they both looked at each other and one of them said " Halo 3....System?.....no, were not preordering them"

fucking idiots!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I stopped by a local GS and the two tards at the counter had no clue about the system. When I asked about the preorder, they looked at me with a blank stare in their eyes, they both looked at each other and one of them said " Halo 3....System?.....no, were not preordering them"

fucking idiots![/QUOTE]

you should call customer service, I'm pretty such their manager would be pleased to know they turned down a res, if not then the whole store could be filled with fanboys

Really LP? That sucks. I went right in on Thursday when my local store opened, asked the guy about the pre-order, and he found it and signed me up straight away. He even remembered me a few days later when I came in to trade a couple more Wii games that were collecting dust. The clerk said that after I came in, a bunch more people pre-ordered the console behind me.

I'll be in again this week if they open up the PSP Slim pre-orders as well. I'm not a fan of GS by any means, but the one closest to me has treated me very well for the most part.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']So you're basically paying $50 for the paintjob?[/QUOTE]
Paint job, play and charge and Halo content on the hard drive.

Yea Linkin, i know what you mean. GS workers are the dumbest people on earth. often the ugliest. I just look online and if im forced to i go to Eb (i know eb and gs are the same).

[quote name='BackInBlack']Does anyone know what drive the Halo 3 360 will come with? I hate to bump this up, but i figured it belonged in this thread.[/QUOTE]

So you are basically wondering if the Halo edition is an Elite only cheaper? Why would they do that?

[quote name='raregamergirl']I think he meant the drive- literally and not the HD...[/QUOTE]

Haha yes i know it comes with the 20gb HDD, i just wondered if it was coming with the Ben Q, Hitachi or Samsung dvd-drive,time will tell if someone gets their hands on one before it releases. It could come with any random one of them tho...

bread's done
Back