Halo for XBOX 19.99 at BestBuy.com

Thanks- though I have the PC version, so for the life of me I can't think of a reson to pick this up.

Can you play Co-op campaign via live?

[quote name='Benaorn']19.99 in store too.[/quote]$15 with GGC is pretty good. I traded mine in for $20 a few weeks ago. 8)

And what does that have to do with anything? You falsely stated that you could play Halo on Live, which is misleading. Don't get mad when people point out errors in your post. And no, coop is only playable in split-screen, you can't even have system-link coop.

Anyone know if this is also also in-store? Then it would only be $15 after the GGC. Funny thing is, I think Gamestop gives around $15 credit for Halo.

[quote name='deathcabforcutie']like mentioned above, even though its not on Live, you can still play it online! Just go to www.xbconnect.com and download their free software.. hook up your xbox to your computer, and boom! you're ready to game![/quote]

Of course you're going to have a connection about 18,432 times as laggy as Live... I'd stick with any of the other fine shooters available on Live right now.

What you have to realize is that every single xbox owner doesn't neccesarily have live, and for those who do not, xbconnect is a great way to play online for free.

[quote name='thegamer4787']What you have to realize is that every single xbox owner doesn't neccesarily have live, and for those who do not, xbconnect is a great way to play online for free.[/quote]

great to you = laggy as hell to us

Xbconnect works a good majority of the time. Plus if you find a really good host with good ping, you can often stay there for several games. i've stayed on servers for 2+ hrs with great competition, and it was lag-free.

You just have to pay attention to location and ping, and how many boxes are connected. If 4 boxes are connected, you're destined to fail. However, 2-3 works well. If you dont like the lag, find another host, there's plenty of games going on at all times.

Thanks- though I have the PC version, so for the life of me I can't think of a reson to pick this up.

IMHO, with the exception of somewhat hassle-free online support, the PC version is inferior. Control, just felt odd to me.

I know xbconnect lags quite often, but it is hard to complain when
A) it is free
B) it is the only way to play halo online

Plus, like someone mentioned, it is possible to find a lag-free/game that is light on lag if you know what the hell you're doing.

bread's done
Back