Halo Movie probably not happening

j.elles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/news_6127307.html

Main reason for Movie was to compete with the ps3 with Halo 3. With the 2007 demand, not wanting to follow the written script or the bible to stay in continuety and the lower money given to Microsoft together, this movie is not happening.

And frankly i'm a little glad. I mean if this is some horrible alternate universe that doesn't have anything to do with the game then the chances for it being good are terrible. If they deciede to follow the bible and promise to at least try to get it by 2006 tehn it might happen.

But hey this is microsoft they have the money they might go alternative. Bank roll it themselves, or make it themselves or something.

Any thoughts?

That was in the above link in the first post. Read the link and my post. Who here thinks Microsoft will take that deal.

Not follow the continuety, not release it next year to help compete with PS3. Which chances are is the sole reason Microsoft wants the movie done. Not going to happen. Further negotiations or not happening.

I can just imagine a crappy Halo movie...

Coming this summer, Halo! Starring The Rock, and directed by Uwe Boll, the director of such smash hits as House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark.

At least MS is sticking to their guns about keeping the script within the realm of the game. Still though, I'd sleep better knowing this will never see the light of day.

We will see. Apperently they are still at the negotiation table. And Fox and Universal haven't done a movie game yet. With Mortal Kombat being the bar hopefully they can surpass it. Because it's not that high.

At least Microsoft gives a shit about Halo's story. If it does get made by Bungie's specifications, then it would rock.

Shouldn't it?

it seems like every game has a movie in the works. Personally, i think it's best that the 2 universes stay away from each other(games and live action.) unless, it's an animated feature.

The idea of them not following the Halo bible when making a Halo movie brings to mind the Wind Commander movie.

It could have been a wonderful 3+ hour epic, or movie series.

But no, they smooshed it together with some BS ideas that came out of nowhere and ended up with a cliche' to all hell B movie. Paladin as some sort of sage-like prophet? WTF? Ugh.

[quote name='Apossum']it seems like every game has a movie in the works. Personally, i think it's best that the 2 universes stay away from each other(games and live action.) unless, it's an animated feature.[/QUOTE]

CG animated.... *drool*

[quote name='kaji7p56']At least Microsoft gives a shit about Halo's story. If it does get made by Bungie's specifications, then it would rock.

Shouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't think neither Bungie or Microsoft will let this movie suck. Bungie cares too much about the Halo Universe and their fans. Microsoft has too much money to make to let it suck. Here's hoping for the best.

halo already has a movie out. it's called red vs. blue and it's great. there's no need for another one.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I can just imagine a crappy Halo movie...

Coming this summer, Halo! Starring The Rock, and directed by Uwe Boll, the director of such smash hits as House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark.[/QUOTE]

sounds good to me

bread's done
Back