Halo: Reach "Birth of a Spartan"

Ownaholic

CAGiversary!
For the original article containing the video in HD:
http://gamerfill.com/node/88

For just the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m13weWhPMfw

We've seen a lot of live-action trailers for video games lately, two of which that have been for the Halo franchise.

While I personally enjoyed the Halo: ODST trailer more back in late 2009, this new trailer for Halo: Reach, "Birth of a Spartan", directed by Neill Blomkamp, is nothing short of epicness.

Be wary, however, as this video is not for the needle-squeamish. (It's not as bad as I'm making it seem)

Bungie had this to say about the video:
"The highly classified bio-augmentation procedure is a Spartan candidate's final and most difficult ordeal before joining the ranks of the legendary soldiers. The dramatic interpretation of Carter's rebirth as a Spartan embodies the themes of courage, sacrifice and honor in Halo: Reach and gives viewers a unique look into the origins of a central character in the upcoming blockbuster game."

Personally, I think this live-action trailer should be called "Rebirth of Tom Hanks", as the star, "Carter", in the film looks an awful lot like a younger version of our beloved Forrest Gump.

Regardless, Bungie really knows how to hype-up its fans, and even if Reach turns out to be a failed attempt at one last good run on the Halo franchise (which I highly, highly doubt), they'll still make millions thanks to their prestige, and for these live-action bits.

What did you think? Too mellow? And how about that armor?

Be sure to check back on May 3rd for our extensive coverage of the Halo: Reach Beta! We'll be giving you a full preview, narrated and packed with juicy HD goodness.

Ok this stuff is just them fucking with us when it comes to a Halo movie. This one and the one for ODST were done really well I think. Hell they had to give a nice budget for it as none of it looked cheap. All they need is some sort of story and who ever it is that they have directing the ads let them direct the movie.

bread's done
Back