Halo Reach Early Access Beta without a code

SovietSlayer

CAGiversary!
Basically you need a friend who downloaded the beta and trusts you.

Account recover the gamertag they used to download the beta onto your console.
Then go into there download history and download the beta onto your console.
You have to use their gamertag to play the beta on your xbox and they need to either use your gamertag or their own second account gamertag to play the beta on there xbox.

The trick is MS signs the content to the console and to the gamertag. So on then console that originally downloaded the beta, it is signed to the console so any gamertag on that console can play. But on the console that account recovered and downloaded the beta, only that gamertag that downloaded the beta will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys got less then 24 hours left, then you all can play it (as long as you have ODST), your not missing out on much, it's Halo 1 with loadouts and crazy playlists and crappy weaponry *sigh Needle Rifle is worthless*.

[quote name='GenPirate']The beta for reach actually got me to cancel my preorder.[/QUOTE]

REALLY? That actually surprised me. I've heard raving reviews about the thing so far. People seem to love it.

[quote name='GenPirate']The beta for reach actually got me to cancel my preorder.[/QUOTE]
I'd be curious why. It is a beta, so they are still working on balancing if thats the issue...plus you are looking at a very limited amount of maps, playlists, game types, and smaller teams (mostly 4v4).

It still plays like Halo, if that surprises you, then I guess it makes sense to cancel.

The only other thing I can think of is that the new armor special abilities really bothered you (its really the big new thing that I experienced): stealth, armor lock, jetpack and scout/runner.

In short, its a beta 4 months prior to release, so you have to take the whole thing with a grain of salt. If you decided you didn't like Halo anyway or want to be exactly like Halo 2 or 3...then thats another decision.

bread's done
Back