Halo REACH LEGENDARY at TARGET - $37.48 + Tax (possible YMMV)

ivos

CAGiversary!
I just came back from my local Target store and purchised Halo Reach Legendary for $37.48 + Tax. As most Target deals it is highly possible YMMV deal but it is worth to check your local Target stores.

a bunch of us have found it for this price, its being talking about right now in the target Clearance thread. great deal for those who can find it!

It's been two months since I got my $60 GS copy so no returning a Target copy if I could find it. I'd be bummed, but between selling the flaming helmet code and using a GC, I'm only about $5 out of pocket and most of that is tax. Not bad for a game and statue.

After buying the reach bundle off ebay other day I now want a legendary copy. I have the limited copy and wanted just the statue and codes but see now it would be cheaper to buy a new copy if I could find one for $60. I can get the statue for $35.

[quote name='enemyofusall']There must be a Cag in my area because all stores are completely cleaned out![/QUOTE]

I have 2 stores near me and some one cleans out EVERYTHING even the crappy kids games when it hits 50% off every time.

[quote name='reddjoey']Local one came up $100+ last week. Guess I will go check it out[/QUOTE]

the one I picked up today was at $104.98 last week and today it was at $37.48. definitely go and check

[quote name='Vortextk']Lol I didn't think it'd ever go cheaper than the 45$ I paid, crazy.[/QUOTE]

I got mine for a pricing error at GS for 20 bucks, then sold the codes on ebay for 35. Pretty sweet deal :)

But hell, 38 bucks for this is still a great buy, just for the statues and the very least.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']I got mine for a pricing error at GS for 20 bucks, then sold the codes on ebay for 35. Pretty sweet deal :)

But hell, 38 bucks for this is still a great buy, just for the statues and the very least.[/QUOTE]

Well I mean an actual price, no gift cards or price errors lol. I got mine off expertzone at launch and totally didn't mind 45 figuring it would drop but not in the 30's. Not like I'd want to wait anyway, great deal for it now though.

Just called my target they have 5. They guy said that they are 80 bucks... so I don't know if he's a moron and is looking at the Limited Ed. but as always if you want something done you have to do it your self. going to check in about 3 hrs.

[quote name='knightsmith']Just called my target they have 5. They guy said that they are 80 bucks... so I don't know if he's a moron and is looking at the Limited Ed. but as always if you want something done you have to do it your self. going to check in about 3 hrs.[/QUOTE]

My store had 4 Limited Ed. but no Legendary Edition. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Target in Wilmington NC sent both of their copies "to Salvage", so I assume they just threw them out. I saw them both at $104 on Sunday, didn't think a thing of it.

Target at Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn, NYC had two left at $37.48 when I went during lunch.

They were $105 when I last saw them. I assumed there would be one or two more drops before they hit 75% off but it seems like they are going straight to 75% from 30%, which is odd... There's one at my local Target that will surely drop on Monday, but I'll be out of town. Oh well...

The good news for anyone that just wants the statue or whatever, is that the prices for all that stuff will plummet on eBay and Amazon as all the morons who buy them up for immediate resale penny-war each other down to almost no profit. So look there in the next week or two if you want any of the pieces, or even probably the whole thing for relatively cheap.

Picked up 1 when it is $74.98 last week and found 2 yesterday at $37.48. Bought those 2 and got the price adjusted for the 1 purchased last week. Thanks!

Man my target NEVER gets good clearance prices, most of the time it's like 20-30% off retail, about a month ago it had the legendary on clearance but for 120 :cry:

Just picked one up at the ~$38. Been eying this for a bit. They only had 2 left. Both slightly beat up but only one still had the sleeve ripped on one side. Got it anyway.

So who's selling their codes and who's keeping them? I have mine up on Ebay now but I may take them down not sure (auction only cost me .80 so not too big a deal if I change my mind)...grrrr just can't decide.

I went by an out of the way Target on my way to class today and saw one sitting on the bottom shelf. Score! Very happy to find one. I missed out on the ones in my area yesterday...

Looks like none around here. When will this go on clearance at Best Buy? There are at least 20 on the shelf piled up there.

Note: I'm not really asking when BB will clearance it, but hope soon if they want that shelf back.

this bites i was just at a target yesterday and the price rang up for 105$ i check the store tracker just now and it says not in stock. one store does still say limited availability. going to stop by and see if i have any luck on way to work tomorrow. i just want to play the game so the codes ill just sell.

[quote name='knightsmith']Just called my target they have 5. They guy said that they are 80 bucks... so I don't know if he's a moron and is looking at the Limited Ed. but as always if you want something done you have to do it your self. going to check in about 3 hrs.[/QUOTE]

Hey, noob. The only moron in your story is you. You're not supposed to call.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Looks like none around here. When will this go on clearance at Best Buy? There are at least 20 on the shelf piled up there.

Note: I'm not really asking when BB will clearance it, but hope soon if they want that shelf back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Many BB stores dropped it to $60 new now.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's a "most" thing, I think it is that price at all Best Buys. But at my local one at least, they still have the $150 price tags up so they still have a tower of them. I bought one several weeks back for $60, though, so it rang up at $60 despite their signage.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I don't really see the novelty behind the "flaming helmet" dlc.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Me either, but I couldn't convince my 11 year-old son about that. I got him the Legendary Edition for Christmas back when Amazon had it for $60 or $70. I told him he could sell the code (I would have sold it for him on my eBay account) and then use that $40 or $50 on something else. He declined and said he wanted to redeem it as that was the main reason he wanted the Legendary Edition to begin with. Now, of course, he is clamoring for money to buy other stuff (Halo Mega Bloks, actually - there is a $40 "Battlescape" set coming out this weekend). I told him next time maybe he should listen to me, as I know a little bit of what I'm talking about when it comes to video games and their values ;).

I was able to pick one up at Target for $37.xx. I really have no intention of opening it as I'd like it to sit with the rest of my collectors editions (new/sealed). The problem is that the spider wrap did a number to the outer carton.

How difficult do you think it'd be to do a return/rebuy at another store for one that doesn't look so beaten up...

or would that make me a bad person?

Edit: I guess it's be more of a buy/return at another store

Picked one up. :D Went looking for TFU 2 SE and found this. The code is already up on Ebay, should go for around fourty. Instant profit. :D

I actually managed to find one out of the four stores that showed "limited availability" yesterday. I thought they'd all be gone, but I'm guessing since the tape was ripped somebody left it. Opened it at customer service after buying it just to be sure everything was there. Target clearance is amazing.

[quote name='camelking6969']people need to be kicked in the butt. 40 dollars for a code. that is just stupid[/QUOTE]

Please don't kick them in the butt until I sell my code, or my zombie map code from Black Ops. Thanks.

[quote name='salty tbone']I actually managed to find one out of the four stores that showed "limited availability" yesterday. [/QUOTE]

Yeah - one of the stores that I checked yesterday had none - it's still showing limited availability. And one store that had 2 that I know for a fact that a CAG picked up still shows availability...

bread's done
Back