Halo: Reach

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Oh my bad, go to to matchmaking and then playlists, then go to community playlists and then choose grifball[/QUOTE]

Thanks man.

[quote name='Gears24']Hey first day of playing Reach so I have to ask is Grifball only one day like otday or like the whole week?[/QUOTE]

It will only be two weeks, then it will be for good once they fine tune it.

well, Grifball is certainly a much easier vehicle to get the weekly multikill challenge done...as well as getting CQC commendations onyx'd quickly. I hope ppl vote for something other than one map though or it's going to get old.

One of today's Challenges offers something new:

Golden Tree City
Find and kill the Gold Ranger-class Elite in a Banshee, fast and low, while on New Alexandria, on Legendary.

So what does this mean? lol Sounds like you have to mow him down in the Banshee, but who and where is he?

[quote name='Corvin']One of today's Challenges offers something new:

Golden Tree City
Find and kill the Gold Ranger-class Elite in a Banshee, fast and low, while on New Alexandria, on Legendary.

So what does this mean? lol Sounds like you have to mow him down in the Banshee, but who and where is he?[/QUOTE]

The banshee that you're supposed to kill flies low, never engages in combat, and has it's boost on pretty much indefinitely. You gotta fly around and find him, don't even need to do a mission to trigger the spawn it just tends to fly towards the sunset. That's where I spotted him and took him down...took a few tries after I figured out his flight path.

Other ppl have spotted him in other locations but this is where I found him twice. gl, he's fast and if you spawn him and miss him...well, restart mission is only a click away.

[quote name='nasum']so people still play this game fairly religiously then?[/QUOTE]

People will still be playing this religiously a year+ from now. It's like CoD, only without the yearly pumping out.

[quote name='nasum']so people still play this game fairly religiously then?[/QUOTE]

I do. Recently, I complete the daily challenges and call it a day. Over a million cR for a promotion lowers my ambition of playing all day :/

I play for the dailies, and a couple rounds of whatever commendations needs work and a few games w/my buddies who are trying to get the dailies as well.

Is there some strategy/timing to Grifball's gravity hammer? it seems so random as to getting kills. Sometimes I can some good hammer hits in and sometimes I feel I'm always a split second short and get clobbered...latency maybe? Clearly there have been dozens of times when I felt that I beat the other guy to the punch but I end up getting pummeled.

Thoughts?

[quote name='100xp']Is there some strategy/timing to Grifball's gravity hammer? it seems so random as to getting kills. Sometimes I can some good hammer hits in and sometimes I feel I'm always a split second short and get clobbered...latency maybe? Clearly there have been dozens of times when I felt that I beat the other guy to the punch but I end up getting pummeled.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

The same thing happens to me all the time, my hammer swings and lands before theirs when they're right in front of me, but I always end up dead while they run off untouched. It has to be latency but its so damn frustrating. I even have a relatively fast connection.

[quote name='tgk2044']The same thing happens to me all the time, my hammer swings and lands before theirs when they're right in front of me, but I always end up dead while they run off untouched. It has to be latency but its so damn frustrating. I even have a relatively fast connection.[/QUOTE]

You don't leave them untouched, they took some damage. I have won a few hammer duels when it seemed like we attacked at the same time, but I was left with one bar of health (our attack sounded just like someone blocking a sword).
Try this; keep a good distance and swing a little early while backing off at the same time. Don't keep moving foward while swinging. If done correctly, you will be pushing them away while they take some damage. Hopefully, you will run into some with low health for an easy kill.

getting a better handle on the timing despite latency, but this spawn killing is getting out of hand...no one should be getting 89 kills in a grifball match and multiple killionaires. They should rename it "griefball."

[quote name='100xp']...this spawn killing is getting out of hand...no one should be getting 89 kills in a grifball match and multiple killionaires. They should rename it "griefball."[/QUOTE]

Oh...Ehm...Gee!! That is insane D:
I have been trying to get ONE killionaire for a while now. Some people get all the luck *shrug* \_(•~ •)_/

It's cuz this game lags so bad, I don't know if it's just the gametype or what but GBall lags horribly. I find myself swinging wayyyyyyy too early sometimes and I manage to kill people, if I didn't know better people were yanking their plug in grifball but I don't care enough to find out cuz it's like only every other game for me.

Finally popped in Reach today after a very long hiatus, and unsurprisingly I still find people doing the weirdest things. I played some Arena today hoping to find some decent players, but again luck wasen't on my side as the Halo gods decided to put me on teams that had players who only knew how to sprint and double beatdown absolutely no teamwork what so ever. Guess thats my fault though, what did I expect going in alone?

Anyway no that I got that off my chest, I really need some new peeps who play Reach, most of my FL is playing Black Ops, and I'm really beginning to hate relying on random matchmaking people.

Anybody interested, Hustle? 100xp? Penguin? Dont know whether your guys FL's are full, but give me a shout in this thread, and I'll add ya guys.

Oh yeah getting the new maps tomorrow, ya hooo more cheevooos!

If you're looking for somebody, you can add me if you want since I'm normally playing Reach at least a little bit each week.

[quote name='JStryke']If you're looking for somebody, you can add me if you want since I'm normally playing Reach at least a little bit each week.[/QUOTE]
sure Stryke, I'll send ya a request. Just be on the look out for Ironwilled thats my tag.

Edit: Sent and noticed you also like New Vegas good man one of my fav games lookin forward to returning there soon as well.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']sure Stryke, I'll send ya a request. Just be on the look out for Ironwilled thats my tag.

Edit: Sent and noticed you also like New Vegas good man one of my fav games lookin forward to returning there soon as well.[/QUOTE]

You can add me if you want, it's just my mic ran away somewhere in my room and I cant find it. Also, I get on at the most random times, so yeah.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']You can add me if you want, it's just my mic ran away somewhere in my room and I cant find it. Also, I get on at the most random times, so yeah.[/QUOTE]
yep sent ya a request also wes, and no worries about the mic. I dont have it on me sometimes as well when I run games, so its all cool.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Thats bad ass man, I saw the star on your service record. Both the pics you have done are very nice. I suck at art, haha[/QUOTE]

lol, thanks man. everyone's good at something bro.

ATTN: SWAT is the best ever! But i am so fucking sick of SWORD BASE. thats all people want to pick. Then you get people always going to the green elevator room and fighting over that one area. ANNOYING!

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']ATTN: SWAT is the best ever! But i am so fucking sick of SWORD BASE. thats all people want to pick. Then you get people always going to the green elevator room and fighting over that one area. ANNOYING![/QUOTE]
You-must-be-new-here.jpg

But yeah... seems like swat often goes in that direction. Annoying, to say the least. Might as well bring back "Longest" from Halo:CE if we're just gonna fight over one hallway.

[quote name='popular penguin']If I were to upgrade to Bungie Pro and use the AR name plate thing, would Bungie take away my AR emblem when my subscription to Bungie Pro expires?[/QUOTE]

you'd probably get a much much faster response if you posted that on the b.net forums.

Wow pretty brutal weekly challenge especially if you're like me and want to tackle it alone. The worst part is I finally got to the end and that fucking sword elite moved like 2 inches to the left just as I was about to assassinate him. I was like WTF!!!!!!!! I mean he was wailing away on Gorge 1 min and as soon as I was within assassinating range that fucker moves. Of course I miss like an idiot and then that creep turns around and I helpless pump shotgun rounds into him which do nothing as he melees me and I watch my 7th attempt at this challenge go down the drain.

Only then do I realize that I needed to have all the skulls on and I was missing two silver skulls. haha gonna try it again later.

[quote name='JohnBoy1280']Wow pretty brutal weekly challenge especially if you're like me and want to tackle it alone. The worst part is I finally got to the end and that fucking sword elite moved like 2 inches to the left just as I was about to assassinate him. I was like WTF!!!!!!!! I mean he was wailing away on Gorge 1 min and as soon as I was within assassinating range that fucker moves. Of course I miss like an idiot and then that creep turns around and I helpless pump shotgun rounds into him which do nothing as he melees me and I watch my 7th attempt at this challenge go down the drain.

Only then do I realize that I needed to have all the skulls on and I was missing two silver skulls. haha gonna try it again later.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on if anybody wants to do this in the next hour. GT is dcdrew713

it was actually easier (not saying it was easy in the least) completing it solo than co-op in the sense, you don't have to worry about your teammate doing something that'll get them killed or you...also the AI tends to be more proactive when you're playing solo, and finally at the end there's 1 less elite to deal with in solo vs. co-op.

if you're having problems remember to save and quit everytime you get to a certain check point, let Noble team do the brunt of the work, and get to know the plasma pistol on a personal level. gl.

[quote name='100xp']it was actually easier (not saying it was easy in the least) completing it solo than co-op in the sense, you don't have to worry about your teammate doing something that'll get them killed or you...also the AI tends to be more proactive when you're playing solo, and finally at the end there's 1 less elite to deal with in solo vs. co-op.

if you're having problems remember to save and quit everytime you get to a certain check point, let Noble team do the brunt of the work, and get to know the plasma pistol on a personal level. gl.[/QUOTE]

So you can actually save and quit and it still counts? Hmmm that's good to know, thanks for the info above.

[quote name='tgk2044']So you can actually save and quit and it still counts? Hmmm that's good to know, thanks for the info above.[/QUOTE]

If you do it right, you can save and quit with a check point right up to the Sword elite and the concussion rifle elite left. (i.e. the 4 grunt are already popped).

Just remember you must revert to last save quickly if you die, otherwise the game reloads the entire mission from the beginning on solo.

Yeah just did it earlier today 1st try 30 or so minutes I mean I can do the run completely perfect up until the last part with the concussion elite, then it was just a matter of getting him focused on Gorge and assassinating him. I didn't use the plasma pistol at all in my solo run, completely useless imo. I must admit though it was pretty easy going once I got a system down. I don't know how you guys can use the plasma pistol though, I got through just fine with the DMR/Pistol combo.

Edit: Oh yeah and I also didn't use any save and quit checkpoints, got it all on my first run today.

the dmr/pistol felt like throwing pebbles at Master Chief...the plasma pistol's regular shots were not only easy to track without a reticle but do a lot of damage to shields taking down elite's shields quickly and consistantly...then switching to the DMR to finish them off with a headshot.

...someone give JohnBoy a prize.

Anyone experiencing more XBL disconnects with an Open NAT and after the XBL mandatory update? I've gotten a few random disconnects recently and I'm abit concerned since quitting games is certainly not my MO.

[quote name='100xp']the dmr/pistol felt like throwing pebbles at Master Chief...the plasma pistol's regular shots were not only easy to track without a reticle but do a lot of damage to shields taking down elite's shields quickly and consistantly...then switching to the DMR to finish them off with a headshot.

...someone give JohnBoy a prize.[/QUOTE]
lol no prize is necessary, but its entirely easy to do without a plasma pistol. Maybe you guys know some tricks that I dont with the plasma pistol. Funny I just used my AI teammates combined rate of fire to quickly finish off anyone be they grunts, jackals, and elites.

the AI in Reach has always been less than stellar, that goes for the convenant and noble team. Both elites in the small room where you're supposed to reset the relay can be taken down without them even coming out or you getting aggro...concussion rifle guy you can take down with the DMR, which I couldn't seem to do with LASO because their shield strength and double health and the sword elite with the plasma pistol and 1 shot from the DMR. Plasma pistol because of the visual of where the shots are landing and the damage it does on their shields just seems to work better with LASO. That's my trick at least...really the only true challenge of Winter Cont. w/LASO.

[quote name='100xp']Anyone experiencing more XBL disconnects with an Open NAT and after the XBL mandatory update? I've gotten a few random disconnects recently and I'm abit concerned since quitting games is certainly not my MO.[/QUOTE]

So I'm not the only one? At least I can blame XBL instead of my router :3

[quote name='100xp']the AI in Reach has always been less than stellar, that goes for the convenant and noble team. Both elites in the small room where you're supposed to reset the relay can be taken down without them even coming out or you getting aggro...concussion rifle guy you can take down with the DMR, which I couldn't seem to do with LASO because their shield strength and double health and the sword elite with the plasma pistol and 1 shot from the DMR. Plasma pistol because of the visual of where the shots are landing and the damage it does on their shields just seems to work better with LASO. That's my trick at least...really the only true challenge of Winter Cont. w/LASO.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I ended up assassinating both of those elites, but hey next time when they have another mythic challenge up I'll do what you did with the plasma pistol. I'm always looking to learn something new. Definitely agree with you about the AI in Reach. Playing on Legendary(Mythic) has brought into view the AI faults moreso then playing on the lower difficulties.

[quote name='AshesofWake']I finally got my hearts armor effect and now I have no reason to play anymore LOL.[/QUOTE]

I just got the last achievement I needed for 100%, even with the Noble cheeves. I feel the same way now, haha.

I'm probably the only person who prefers Vanilla Griffball over the Griffball Evolved. Griffball Evolved just takes too long, friends and I must have played to a Stalemate 3 times last night.

[quote name='Ziv_Zulander']I'm probably the only person who prefers Vanilla Griffball over the Griffball Evolved. Griffball Evolved just takes too long, friends and I must have played to a Stalemate 3 times last night.[/QUOTE]

I like Vanilla better too but I feel the opposite is true. From the few games I have played of both, Vanilla feels like it takes longer and Evolved just goes by so fast, at least in my opinion.

bread's done
Back