GamesRadar 8

Kotaku Thumbs Up

Shacknews Very Positive

GiantBomb 4 out of 5 Stars

GamePro 5 out of 5 Stars

IGN UK 10

2l89fme.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
GamesRadar gave the campaign a 7, I think the reviewer's criticisms are absurd. They gave Section 8 a 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reach kind of seemed under the radar until a few months ago. Glad to see that in a year like 2010, the best year for gaming ever (and I've been gaming since 1984), Halo is coming out with amazing reviews and a lot of fanfare.

Don't you feel bad for 343 studios, though? This game is going to be amazing and they have to follow it up somehow, someday.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Actually, their slogan was, "Get hired, get fire!" They never said "it's in the game". Maybe the flame is an unlockable, and it just takes a shitload of credits? That seems like something they would do. Obviously bungie people have EVERYTHING as they've been playing the game since it's creation.[/QUOTE]

In Halo 3 they had the regular flame we have all seen. In Reach players have that color flame (if they get legendary)

It's been confirmed by people playing the game and the pictures they have taken See HERE

You wont be able to unlock theirs unless you get hired wouldn't that defeat the purpose?

But the skull you see in that picture? You can unlock that. All armor has to be purchased from the Armory, then you can buy that one for 1 credit.

I'm not really into Halo multiplayer (yes, I am alone in this world), but that skull-flame helmet is sick! (see the link a few posts above to see what I mean)

Had to cancel my pre-order for the console but i did pre-order the game. I hate being broke around a big game release. :( but at least i'll be getting the game. There is a silver lining in that.

[quote name='Fjordson']Reviews (+ links):

1UP A+

IGN 9.5

Joystiq 5 out of 5 Stars

G4 5 out of 5 Stars

Gaurdian UK 5 out of 5 Stars

Telegraph 10

Planet Xbox 10

Destructoid 10

Telegraph UK 10

GameInformer 9.5

Gametrailers 9.3

CVG 9.2

Eurogamer 9

Video Gamer 9

UGO A+

Gamezone 8.5

360 Achievements 9.4

GamesRadar 8

Kotaku Thumbs Up

Shacknews Very Positive

GiantBomb 4 out of 5 Stars

GamePro 5 out of 5 Stars

IGN UK 10

2l89fme.gif
[/QUOTE]
You know I'm excited when I read every single one of those reviews. Sad thing is, I probably won't find time to play until Friday, however my wife decided to have all of our nieces and nephews over for a sleepover that night. :bomb:

I can't believe that there is less than 48 hours left from now 'till I play Halo: Reach. The only thing that dissapoints me is that there are more than 8,000 people playing Halo: Reach online right now... Who wishes they were one of them?

Sadly, as with most AAA games, 9's and 10's are a given. No doubt the game is good, but I feel the name alone can often add on an extra point or so for a lot of these titles.

[quote name='Draekon']Did you really expect the scores to be any different though?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SynGamer']Sadly, as with most AAA games, 9's and 10's are a given. No doubt the game is good, but I feel the name alone can often add on an extra point or so for a lot of these titles.[/QUOTE]

ODST says hi. Halo Wars says hi.

i remember halo 2's release. i dont think ive ever seen so much anticipation for a game. i went to the midnight release while i was at college and the line was down the block, after playing through the campaign i played soooo much mutliplayer. i love the idea of cooperative play. ive always been a bigger fan of playing together rather than competitvely

I thought it was on here that someone had posted saying that in an interview someone from Bungie had said that the flaming helmet was in the game and all you had to do was unlock it. However that could have been said just to get people to play halo more.

To some what get off topic Halo 2 for the PC can you still play the multiplayer or has that been shut down also now that it was shut down on the Xbox. I thought about picking it up today and at some point getting the first one on the PC.

[quote name='Trakan']ODST says hi. Halo Wars says hi.[/QUOTE]

I believe my comment still stands with those two. Not worth arguing about it though.

I pulled this off of x360a.com just to show you guys how much hype there is EVERYWHERE:

Comment #13 by XxNickTxX
Sunday, September 12, 2010 @ 02:12:39 AM

Is it weird that i have a countdown going on my phone til the launch of Reach, but still haven't added my girlfriend as a contact?

Anyone else this bad???

[quote name='Easystride']Will I be limited by a 4 gb arcade? In halo 3 and odst, you couldn't use the theater, play co-op, or download player maps.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. If you couldn't do any of that stuff in 3, then I'd say it's likely that more would be cut out due to the fact that this is a much bigger game.

Go buy a cheap 16gig flash drive. You'll have more storage space than the official 20gig HDD and be able to DL plenty of maps, videos etc.

Also, I'm ready for midnght Monday.

Also also, the countdown clock on Live was right for me, except that it was for eastern time and I'm central.

[quote name='Easystride']Will I be limited by a 4 gb arcade? In halo 3 and odst, you couldn't use the theater, play co-op, or download player maps.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Not sure. If you couldn't do any of that stuff in 3, then I'd say it's likely that more would be cut out due to the fact that this is a much bigger game.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this too. I have the 4gb model, and am in the process of getting a "cheap" hard drive just in case. But Bungie should be able to do this with flash memory, it's not like they need to use the HD.

[quote name='Ziv']Go buy a cheap 16gig flash drive. You'll have more storage space than the official 20gig HDD and be able to DL plenty of maps, videos etc.[/QUOTE]

That does NOT work for firefight / online campaign coop / theater. They ONLY worked with a physical hard drive in Halo 3 / ODST. I sure hope they change this. There's really no reason NOT to utilize the flash memory.

Those did come out before there was USB support. I must be an optimist to think that Reach will support them.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I'm not really into Halo multiplayer (yes, I am alone in this world), but that skull-flame helmet is sick! (see the link a few posts above to see what I mean)[/QUOTE]

You are not alone in the world sir, just in the minority lol. I've been a big Halo SP gamer since in my area our connection is good enough for video/web surfing but not online shooters. When I went to college I played a shit load of Halo 2 multiplayer. I'm moving, or temporarily moving, to an area that will allow me to play multiplayer all the time and oh god I can't wait.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']THese are all spoiler free, right?[/QUOTE]
I read through all of them, and I didn't notice any spoilers. However, I don't care about spoilers, so my awareness level is probably lower than yours. I know the big ones like IGN, G4, Giant Bomb, etc. are spoiler free.

[quote name='sendme']I thought it was on here that someone had posted saying that in an interview someone from Bungie had said that the flaming helmet was in the game and all you had to do was unlock it. However that could have been said just to get people to play halo more.[/QUOTE]
Are you talking about the flaming helmet for Reach? To my knowledge, that's always been for Legendary edition owners only.

Well, from the sound of things installing the game actually makes a noticeable difference in load times. That requires about 6.6 GB alone.

Well, I have a dilemma. I called the GS I preordered at, and they said that they weren't really doing anything special during their midnight event except maybe a few giveaways. Should I still go??? If I don't pick it up tomorrow, I will have to wait for a while. What do I do? Anybody else's GS not doing anything too special? Doing something that's fucking awesome???

Yea, if they make a HDD required for some things I'll flip. I'm clinging to the hope that because Halo3 came out before flash drive support it'll be different.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Well, I have a dilemma. I called the GS I preordered at, and they said that they weren't really doing anything special during their midnight event except maybe a few giveaways. Should I still go??? If I don't pick it up tomorrow, I will have to wait for a while. What do I do? Anybody else's GS not doing anything too special? Doing something that's fucking awesome???[/QUOTE]

mine never does anything that great, a few DLC's or a few bonus things.. but im there to get the game as close to release as possible, im getting everything but the flaming head and statue.. im cool with that. im diving into the campaign with anyone on after midnight to work on that all morning then hitting up some MP til i pass out in the chair. already told my wife i am not doing shit tuesday and got all my college classes done and house stuff taken care of to allow full veg out time. I've never been huge into halo MP either... but now i am thinking that will change after playing the Beta and with my rewards i got $50 off a GS purchase so gonna pick up Halo 3 and ODST and Halo wars on Wednesday as well just to round out the collection pieces and finish ODST.

firefight is my favorite type of game mode, much like Horde and Survival, etc. i Love the fat i go into it knowing its gonna build to a shitstorm and i gotta do all i can to take em down before i kick the bucket.

[quote name='Freemason']mine never does anything that great, a few DLC's or a few bonus things.. but im there to get the game as close to release as possible, im getting everything but the flaming head and statue.. im cool with that. im diving into the campaign with anyone on after midnight to work on that all morning then hitting up some MP til i pass out in the chair. already told my wife i am not doing shit tuesday and got all my college classes done and house stuff taken care of to allow full veg out time. I've never been huge into halo MP either... but now i am thinking that will change after playing the Beta and with my rewards i got $50 off a GS purchase so gonna pick up Halo 3 and ODST and Halo wars on Wednesday as well just to round out the collection pieces and finish ODST.

firefight is my favorite type of game mode, much like Horde and Survival, etc. i Love the fat i go into it knowing its gonna build to a shitstorm and i gotta do all i can to take em down before i kick the bucket.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I really wish i could skip school. My mom told me that not even blood spurting out of an open head wound will get her to let me stay home, lol. Now, I've gotta find a sub for work.

[quote name='Fjordson']I read through all of them, and I didn't notice any spoilers. However, I don't care about spoilers, so my awareness level is probably lower than yours. I know the big ones like IGN, G4, Giant Bomb, etc. are spoiler free.

Are you talking about the flaming helmet for Reach? To my knowledge, that's always been for Legendary edition owners only.

Well, from the sound of things installing the game actually makes a noticeable difference in load times. That requires about 6.6 GB alone.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about the helmet in 3.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Well, I have a dilemma. I called the GS I preordered at, and they said that they weren't really doing anything special during their midnight event except maybe a few giveaways. Should I still go??? If I don't pick it up tomorrow, I will have to wait for a while. What do I do? Anybody else's GS not doing anything too special? Doing something that's fucking awesome???[/QUOTE]

what do you expect really? a clown and a circus act?? really, it's the release for a video game not the rebirth of jesus or anything. My local GS will be giving out hot dogs, chips, soda and have some raffle giveaways. That's more than generous I say and I appreciate it. I've been to other stores pre-orders and they don't give you anything but a halt, stop there..the line is moving up........slowly and that's it.

[quote name='intoxicated662']what do you expect really? a clown and a circus act?? really, it's the release for a video game not the rebirth of jesus or anything. My local GS will be giving out hot dogs, chips, soda and have some raffle giveaways. That's more than generous I say and I appreciate it. I've been to other stores pre-orders and they don't give you anything but a halt, stop there..the line is moving up........slowly and that's it.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot. many stores do tournaments and the like for something like this.

Dumbass.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']You're an idiot. many stores do tournaments and the like for something like this.

Dumbass.[/QUOTE]

How is he a dumbass when he's right? I've been to a midnight release for MW2 at Best Buy and they didn't do shit; I would expect even less from most Gamestops, considering how tiny the stores are.

No need to be a dick

[quote name='lolwut?']How is he a dumbass when he's right? I've been to a midnight release for MW2 at Best Buy and they didn't do shit; I would expect even less from most Gamestops, considering how tiny the stores are.

No need to be a dick[/QUOTE]

Many stores do tourneys and giveaways for releases. And as far as being a dick goes, I tend to act like that when confronted with the same attitude. His little quip about a clown and a circus act really make me not want to act kindly in response. I don't think you'd find a single person who would.

just played, it fucking rocks! one question, has anyone heard about them resetting achievements after 9.14. ???? thanks in advance, also i'm jumping back in , in a little bit anyone has it already? let's hook up. thanks

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Many stores do tourneys and giveaways for releases. And as far as being a dick goes, I tend to act like that when confronted with the same attitude. His little quip about a clown and a circus act really make me not want to act kindly in response. I don't think you'd find a single person who would.[/QUOTE]

Oh ahaha, he was quoting you. I just realized he was the tool from the Rock Band thread complaining about DLC when he doesn't even play the game anymore, so yeah, fuck that kid.

Still, I wouldn't expect a tourney or something unless it's a big store, or in a big city like NYC or LA.

[quote name='lolwut?']Oh ahaha, he was quoting you. I just realized he was the tool from the Rock Band thread complaining about DLC when he doesn't even play the game anymore, so yeah, fuck that kid.

Still, I wouldn't expect a tourney or something unless it's a big store, or in a big city like NYC or LA.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for being polite about it. I've never been to a game release, but at the book/movie ones I've gone too, they always had fun things to do while you waited. I assumed it would be the same.

@ fullhavok: I fucking hate you.

(JK)

(But not really.)

Mine's doing something awesome. It's making it's employees come to wok at midnight just so I can pick up a video game.

[quote name='fullhavok']just played, it fucking rocks! one question, has anyone heard about them resetting achievements after 9.14. ???? thanks in advance, also i'm jumping back in , in a little bit anyone has it already? let's hook up. thanks[/QUOTE]

idk if they are resettings the achievements....but they are going to reset online stats on 9/14

bread's done
Back