Halo: Reach

Is anyone getting a gamertag up and running to find CAG custom matches? i'd like to add it to my list to find people to play multiplayer with.

My Legendary still says "processing" with estimated delivery date of the 14th. I made this thread so people can be aware of when the shipping phase moves forward.

[quote name='FISTINFACE']Campaign or Multiplayer first.. that is my current dilema[/QUOTE]

I usually like to blast through the campaign with a couple friends on legendary then go to multiplayer. Also helps out getting use to a different control scheme from Halo 3 in campaign, instead of getting used to it in a couple matches of multiplayer. May have to go straight to firefight on this one though.

[quote name='FISTINFACE']Campaign or Multiplayer first.. that is my current dilema[/QUOTE]

I always do campaign first on heroic. I really still need to go back and do legendary on H3 so I'm sort of tempted to try it on legendary this time so I don't have to worry about it later.

Anyway, campaign makes it so I at least have a small idea of what the hell I'm doing before I go online and get annihilated.

[quote name='The 7th Number']My gamestop order says shipped, but UPS site says ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later." when i track the package number. Im just hoping i get it by friday or saturday with gamestop SAVER shipping.[/QUOTE]

Don't sweat it. Your tracking number will become active in a few hours.

[quote name='TC']Don't sweat it. Your tracking number will become active in a few hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i really wish it would update because then id know what day the game will be delivered. :D

[quote name='Trance Addix']My Legendary still says "processing" with estimated delivery date of the 14th. I made this thread so people can be aware of when the shipping phase moves forward.[/QUOTE]

I used free shipping to ship a copy to a friend who lives in Maine and he's either getting the game today or tommrow, it shipped Thursday.

However, my Amazon copy with release date delivery hasn't even shipped yet. I was hoping they would send it out already so I could play it today cause tommrow I have to work 2:30-11:30 and can't call out :(

EDIT: WTF? I used FREE shipping and Wal-Mart shipped his by Fed Ex. He got the game a day before release date while I am still waiting on Amazon. Lucky bastard...

My walmart.com copy says "On Fedex vehicle for delivery" A day before the scheduled delivery date. Don't want to get my hopes up, we'll see.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']EDIT: WTF? I used FREE shipping and Wal-Mart shipped his by Fed Ex. He got the game a day before release date while I am still waiting on Amazon. Lucky bastard...[/QUOTE]

When I pre-ordered the Xbox 360, I did it through Walmart and used the cheapest shipping whether it was free or not. They shipped it early and I received it before the actual release date. So I would guess that it's a somewhat common occurrence for Walmart to do that on something they receive early.

Man, I'm debating whether or not to preorder another copy of Reach from Best Buy (I have one from Amazon). I have Jury duty and won't be finding out til 7 if I have to report tomorrow. Anyone know when the latest one can "preorder" from Best Buy? Cause if I'm going to do it, I want those extra 500 points.

Speaking of the campaign, does anyone know about how long it is? Trying to figure out if I should buy it or just rent it now and buy it later.

I may look you up. most of my friends aren't getting it til later in the day. I took the day off to play this game and i plan on playing from the time i get it at midnight until 6 am.

Gamertag: PremierGT

[quote name='Stonecoldfreak1']If anyone wants to play campaign starting at around 12:30 or 1:00 AM central time then let me know. Gamertag is Stonecoldfreak1.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeuralFizz']My walmart order says "processing" but it says it will be delivered 9-14. :( Should I panic yet?[/QUOTE]

I would be and wouldn't be, kindof weird walmart didn't ship out with everyone else, did you just order it like yesterday or something? If it doesn't arrive tomorrow give them a call, see what they say.

So my package went from on the truck, to being at the local fedex facility with a note saying not due for delivery. To be fair though, I live 90 miles from where it's at since they shut down our fedex place here in town. Would've been nice to get it today, but I can wait.

[quote name='BREVITY']I have not heard of challenges. What are they and what is CR I see for each?[/QUOTE]

Daily challenges change every day and give you credit(cR) to unlock new visual armor in the armory. Also, there is a weekly challenge that changes every week. If you complete all four of the daily challenges before they change, you get an achievement. Same goes with the weekly challenge.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Speaking of the campaign, does anyone know about how long it is? Trying to figure out if I should buy it or just rent it now and buy it later.[/QUOTE]

I thought in one of the reviews it mentioned the campaign was about 8 hours. Obviously that probably depends what difficulty you are playing on and how many people you are playing with. That should be a good ballpark number though.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']I would be and wouldn't be, kindof weird walmart didn't ship out with everyone else, did you just order it like yesterday or something? If it doesn't arrive tomorrow give them a call, see what they say.

So my package went from on the truck, to being at the local fedex facility with a note saying not due for delivery. To be fair though, I live 90 miles from where it's at since they shut down our fedex place here in town. Would've been nice to get it today, but I can wait.[/QUOTE]
I ordered it on 9-3.

Still waiting for my Amazon order to show as shipped instead of preparing to ship. Getting kinda late in the day and overnight doesn't guarantee next day after a certain time.

When someone with a 4gb arcade unit gets Halo Reach, could you please post an update on whether or not co-op works online this time around. It would be greatly appreciated if you could!

[quote name='Calm']Still waiting for my Amazon order to show as shipped instead of preparing to ship. Getting kinda late in the day and overnight doesn't guarantee next day after a certain time.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have Release Date Delivery through Prime and it still says "Shipping Soon." Hopefully they don't fuck this up like they did with ODST when it arrived 3 days late and Amazon couldn't tell me why.

OMFG ! I went to go see what process my order was going through on amazon but sadly to find out I had ordered the game with my old debit card instead of my new one so I had to re-enter all my info :(

so even though I have release date delivery I dont think I am going to get it on the 14th :(

I'm in the same boat as everyone with Amazon, I've been keeping an eye on my order, I put my order in on 8/28 and it still says shipping soon as well. Earlier this morning it was on has not shipped yet.

For all we know tho our copies could be in a truck/plane/train and they just haven't updated the status on Amazon yet.

[quote name='Calm']Still waiting for my Amazon order to show as shipped instead of preparing to ship. Getting kinda late in the day and overnight doesn't guarantee next day after a certain time.[/QUOTE]

They probably have a lot of orders so it might not update immediately. I think a similar thing happened for me with Mafia 2. They didn't show it as shipped until the evening but it came in the next day no problem.

I borrowed Halo 3 from my friend to play through again as I only played it once before, I figured I'd slog through on legendary and pick up the massive amount of achievement points but man, what a slog! I don't consider myself a bad halo player by any means, but getting through legendary on my own looks nearly absurd. It took me probably 2 hrs to get through the first level, dying many, many, many times. I got maybe halfway through the second, to the point where you have to fight like 15 brutes on your own before I had to call it a night. I spent about 45 minutes on that section alone, just dying over and over.

I seriously doubt I can do it (or at least won't enjoy it) on my own, seems like legendary is really meant for split screen/XBL co-op? I remember that I was able to get through Halos 1, 2, and ODST all on solo legendary without much difficulty- I mean it was hard and all but I don't think I ever needed several hours just to make it through one level, and never had parts where I got stuck for like 45 minutes at a time, but in Halo 3 it's a real killer.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Pck21']Same here. I have Release Date Delivery through Prime and it still says "Shipping Soon." Hopefully they don't fuck this up like they did with ODST when it arrived 3 days late and Amazon couldn't tell me why.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't care that much honestly. Would like to play it tomorrow, but have several movies I need to catch up on as well, so plenty to do tomorrow evening if it doesn't come.

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Speaking of the campaign, does anyone know about how long it is? Trying to figure out if I should buy it or just rent it now and buy it later.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, Kotaku review said 8 hours.

You guys need to have more faith in Amazon. In my ~15 release date deliveries, I've only once not had it show up on time. And I believe UPS was at fault for that (ODST).

[quote name='The 7th Number']Those challenges seem hard. Like you would have to play all day to complete them. What do you get if you complete them?[/QUOTE]

Achievements and points to spend in the Armory. And it won't really take all day, maybe 3-4 hours tops, depending on how you do in MP games.

[quote name='Easystride']You guys need to have more faith in Amazon. In my ~15 release date deliveries, I've only once not had it show up on time. And I believe UPS was at fault for that (ODST).[/QUOTE]

Weird, same for me. Amazon has always been on time for me except for ODST.

Heh, I've had Amazon Release Date Shipping not ship until at late as 11PM (I think I may of had one later) and I still received it the next day. Doesn't really worry me at all. People always bitch about it not shipping quick enough in nearly every single Release Date Shipping product and it has a good track record of making it on time.

I'm still debating to pick this up or not. ODST first part was a bit too slow for me and boring (that running around the city bored me to death)....I honestly have not played it all year and never beat it.

Mine says "shipping soon." I trust I'll get it on time, as this is the first game I've ordered with release day shipping. I've ordered all others with 3-5 day shipping, and all but two came on release date anyway.

bread's done
Back